Will the GOP acknowledge reality?

Totally there with you on ending the wars which is another GOP led decision made on faith that failed.
But, Make no investments in the future? Seems very short sighted. Like a family balancing their budget by forgoing Johnny's braces. Sure it saved money but Johnny paid for the rest of his life.

The government is not our family. It's not our mother. It's not our father. I know this may come as a shock to you, but it's only Johnny's family who is responsible for Johnny's braces. The last thing we need are more laws and government programs.

Oh, and stop blaming the GOP for the wars. The neocons are democrats who bolted during the Viet Nam war because they never met a war they didn't like. It's time democrats did something beside point their fingers at Bush like three-year-olds and say "He did it."

I'll stop blaming the GOP when they finally accept responsibility for their failures. The facts are that Bush's tax cuts and wars blew up the deficit, achieved nothing and crashed the economy. Only myth believers can believe that Bush was anything but a failure.

Only the deluded believe Obama is not Bush lite. He has kept exactly the same foreign and economic policies as his predecessor. His medical program simply forces people to buy insurance, thus creating a bonanza for insurance companies. He has deepened our involvement in the Middle East quagmire. He has allowed the fed to create money to cover his ass knowing full well that, in the end, poor people on fixed income will pay the price.

It's no wonder that democrats cannot do anything but whine that Bush started it. Obama continues the tradition.

Not everyone on the left has a science based belief system, but the right is predominated by those with a "faith"based belief system. Science based believers who display religious like fervor at least have facts on their side, unlike faith based believers who have only myth.

what a load of crap.....you lefties are against religion because it has morals....

No, leftists aren't against religion per se. They're against the men who would subvert religious teachings to either comport with their earthly beliefs and/or desires and political views, or to make money. That's what's commonly known as subverting (some would say, perverting) morality in favor of one's own agenda and then using religion as a justification for it.

Not everyone on the left has a science based belief system, but the right is predominated by those with a "faith"based belief system. Science based believers who display religious like fervor at least have facts on their side, unlike faith based believers who have only myth.

what a load of crap.....you lefties are against religion because it has morals....

No, leftists aren't against religion per se. They're against the men who would subvert religious teachings to either comport with their earthly beliefs and/or desires and political views, or to make money. That's what's commonly known as subverting (some would say, perverting) morality in favor of one's own agenda and then using religion as a justification for it.

yes leftists ARE against religion per se......because morality is NOT in their belief system....

We've been through thirty years of the "conservative era" , the follow on to the "Reagan Revolution". While there have been many Dem enablers make no mistake, the GOP has set the agenda since 1980.

This agenda includes many tenants of faith for the rank and file such as "tax cuts are always good, tax increases are always bad". Another is that the military budget must always increase or we will be weaker.

You might think that the Dems also have there own ideological tenants and you'd be right. The difference is that I used the word faith deliberately when referring to the GOP membership. The GOP is populated with people who self describe as "people of faith". Faith is something that each of us must reckon with on our own terms, but it is a poor way to make public policy. Don't forget that not all Americans are people of faith. For agnostics like myself it is very frustrating to see public policy based on what from my perspective is nothing more than myth.

Surely we can agree that solutions to our problems should be based on fact alone. For instance we can agree to the obvious; that if we cut taxes we will decrease revenue for the government. Tax cuts don't pay for themselves and they never have. Reagan and GW Bush both had tax cuts and big deficits, Clinton raised taxes and balanced the budget, that is the record, that is the fact.

Idiocy...

The liberal hysteria regarding church goers influence is predictably overblown, the military budget has remained at 4-5 percent of gdp, and the best way to increase govt coffers is by lowering tax rates and increasing growth. Lesson over....lol

Imagine a person has a beautiful bathtub made of white marble filled with sparkling clear water. You take a big bucket of black mud and start pouring it into the bathtub. That person is absolutely convinced that no matter how much black mud is poured into that beautiful white marble tub filled with sparkling water, the tub will stay clean and the water will still "sparkle". What would you consider that person?

Delusional?
An idiot?
A realist?
A fool?
Smart?
Stupid?
Crazy?

Now, ask the same question and instead of a bathtub, think "ocean and air" and instead of mud, think "pollution".

So which is it?

Delusional?
An idiot?
A realist?
A fool?
Smart?
Stupid?
Crazy?

imagine a person with a beautiful clean slate of a mind and he attends a liberal school filling his mind with liberal ideas...does he become....

Delusional?
An idiot?
A realist?
A fool?
Smart?
Stupid?
Crazy?

Now, ask the same question and instead of a school, think "political party" and "Demonrats", think "environmental wackosr" and "global warming....er global climate change"........

So which is it?

Delusional?
An idiot?
A realist?
A fool?
Smart?
Stupid?
Crazy?

We've been through thirty years of the "conservative era" , the follow on to the "Reagan Revolution". While there have been many Dem enablers make no mistake, the GOP has set the agenda since 1980.

This agenda includes many tenants of faith for the rank and file such as "tax cuts are always good, tax increases are always bad". Another is that the military budget must always increase or we will be weaker.

You might think that the Dems also have there own ideological tenants and you'd be right. The difference is that I used the word faith deliberately when referring to the GOP membership. The GOP is populated with people who self describe as "people of faith". Faith is something that each of us must reckon with on our own terms, but it is a poor way to make public policy. Don't forget that not all Americans are people of faith. For agnostics like myself it is very frustrating to see public policy based on what from my perspective is nothing more than myth.

Surely we can agree that solutions to our problems should be based on fact alone. For instance we can agree to the obvious; that if we cut taxes we will decrease revenue for the government. Tax cuts don't pay for themselves and they never have. Reagan and GW Bush both had tax cuts and big deficits, Clinton raised taxes and balanced the budget, that is the record, that is the fact.
The flaws in your statement in regards to Clinton is the same one's the left always makes Clinton also understood that there had to be spending cuts along with the tax increases something the Democrats before Clinton and the one who is the Current President still can' t
accept Clinton said in 1996 the era of big government is over it came back under Bush and has increased rapidly under Obama. Your second flaw is leaving out during that time Clinton was working with a Republican controlled Congress so your seeming point that Clinton either did this all on his own or by only embracing liberal ideas is false.

yes leftists ARE against religion per se......because morality is NOT in their belief system....

I've found conservatives to be consistently some of the most selfish, self-centered people I've ever dealt with. Additionally, they often seem to subscribe to the precept that the end justifies the means, and lying to achieve those ends doesn't seem to bother many of them in the least.

I certainly don't think people like I just described are in any position to sit in moral judgment of anyone else, but I hear it all the time. It's called conservative talk radio.

I've found conservatives to be consistently some of the most selfish, self-centered people I've ever dealt with. Additionally, they often seem to subscribe to the precept that the end justifies the means, and lying to achieve those ends doesn't seem to bother many of them in the least.

I certainly don't think people like I just described are in any position to sit in moral judgment of anyone else, but I hear it all the time. It's called conservative talk radio.

:eusa_boohoo::lame2:

From 1993 until 2006 I devoted two weeks of my vacation time for volunteering, mostly with Habitat for Humanity, in the United States and in Canada, but also with Appalachia Service Project and just plain old help groups elsewhere.

In all those years I met lots of people, lots of other volunteers, but there was only one (1) Democrat among them. Unless, of course, Democrats were ashamed to admit who they were.

If you are talking about self-centered and selfish people you are NOT talking about Republicans. You are talking about whom you see in the mirror.

Or cheap and selfish people like Joe Biden and the gigolo, John Kerry.

Human caused climate change is not based on facts; it's based on biased and/or doctored theory and hysteria.

said no credible scientist/person with an iq above their waist size ever.

Reagan and GW Bush both had tax cuts and big deficits, Clinton raised taxes and balanced the budget, that is the record, that is the fact.

Clinton didn't balance the Budget!!! Newt did as he took over the Congress for the first time in 40 years for Republicans and made Bill promise," the era of big government is over." Remember?????

Bill was forced to run on 3 Republican ideas as you seemingly forgot:

1) middle class tax cut
2) balanced budget
3) end of welfare as we know it

From 1993 until 2006 I devoted two weeks of my vacation time for volunteering, mostly with Habitat for Humanity, in the United States and in Canada, but also with Appalachia Service Project and just plain old help groups elsewhere.

In all those years I met lots of people, lots of other volunteers, but there was only one (1) Democrat among them. Unless, of course, Democrats were ashamed to admit who they were.

If you are talking about self-centered and selfish people you are NOT talking about Republicans. You are talking about whom you see in the mirror.

Or cheap and selfish people like Joe Biden and the gigolo, John Kerry.

This is very true, several book are out on how Republicans and conservatives give more to charity than liberals!! Liberals are morality bogots. THey pretend to care more but really don't.

imagine a person with a beautiful clean slate of a mind and he attends a liberal school filling his mind with liberal ideas...does he become....

Delusional?
An idiot?
A realist?
A fool?
Smart?
Stupid?
Crazy?

Now, ask the same question and instead of a school, think "political party" and "Demonrats", think "environmental wackosr" and "global warming....er global climate change"........

So which is it?

Delusional?
An idiot?
A realist?
A fool?
Smart?
Stupid?
Crazy?

My original post:

Imagine a person has a beautiful bathtub made of white marble filled with sparkling clear water. You take a big bucket of black mud and start pouring it into the bathtub. That person is absolutely convinced that no matter how much black mud is poured into that beautiful white marble tub filled with sparkling water, the tub will stay clean and the water will still "sparkle". What would you consider that person?

Delusional?
An idiot?
A realist?
A fool?
Smart?
Stupid?
Crazy?

Now, ask the same question and instead of a bathtub, think "ocean and air" and instead of mud, think "pollution".

Obviously, two of my choices don't apply to you.

Forum List

Back