Will the Bin Laden movie be out in time for the election?

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
Security breach alleged in making of bin Laden raid film

Homeland Security chair concerned over Kathryn Bigelow film

The Associated Press Posted: May 23, 2012 6:08 PM ET Last Updated: May 23, 2012 6:06 PM ET

Director Kathryn Bigelow, left, is shown on the set of her upcoming film about Osama bin Laden in Pinjore, India on March 22. (Kapil Sethi/Associated Press)​

A House committee chairman charged Wednesday in Washington that the CIA and Defence Department jeopardized national security by co-operating too closely with filmmakers producing a movie on the raid that killed Osama bin Laden.

Homeland Security Committee Chairman Peter King. R-N.Y., first raised questions about the bin Laden movie last summer, but said newly released documents confirm his suspicions.

The filmmakers are director Kathryn Bigelow and screenwriter Mark Boal, who won Academy Awards for the motion picture The Hurt Locker.

King referred to documents obtained by Judicial Watch in a Freedom of Information Act request. He said the filmmakers received "extremely close, unprecedented and potentially dangerous collaboration" from the Obama administration.

Judicial Watch said the documents show that the Defence Department granted Bigelow and Boal access to a "planner, operator and commander of SEAL Team 6" — the unit that killed bin Laden in Pakistan.

'The CIA has been open about our engagement with writers, documentary filmmakers, movie and TV producers, and others in the entertainment industry. Our goal is an accurate portrayal of the men and women of the CIA, their vital mission and the commitment to public service that defines them'
—CIA spokesman Preston Golson

Security breach alleged in making of bin Laden raid film - Arts & Entertainment - CBC News

According to your own link, No.

Little also denied that the co-operation was an attempt to boost President Barack Obama's election chances, and said the movie would not be out until after the election. Sony Pictures confirmed that the projected release date of the movie is Dec. 19.

Little also denied that the co-operation was an attempt to boost President Barack Obama's election chances, and said the movie would not be out until after the election. Sony Pictures confirmed that the projected release date of the movie is Dec. 19.

That's what "they" say now...:eusa_liar:

I bet it will be because I think that is why the movie was made. It's been in the planning for a year now. There was a report that a director was allowed in the situation room when things were going down. Maybe he's the one who snapped the photo op of Obama and company pretending to be watching video.

I think the decision to start making a movie before the fish had even digested the remains is tacky and self-serving. We weren't given a lot of details about the mission and there was a different version of events every day for the first week. I am anxious to see which story they finally settled on for the movie.

I bet it will be because I think that is why the movie was made. It's been in the planning for a year now. There was a report that a director was allowed in the situation room when things were going down. Maybe he's the one who snapped the photo op of Obama and company pretending to be watching video.

I think the decision to start making a movie before the fish had even digested the remains is tacky and self-serving. We weren't given a lot of details about the mission and there was a different version of events every day for the first week. I am anxious to see which story they finally settled on for the movie.

The director is a "she".

The director is a "she".

Professor, you are very astute, oh thanks for the opportunity to bump...:bye1:

That's what "they" say now...:eusa_liar:

So if your suspicisions make them liars ( per your pinnochio emote ) if they dont release BEFORE the election does that make YOU a liar?

King referred to documents obtained by Judicial Watch in a Freedom of Information Act request. He said the filmmakers received "extremely close, unprecedented and potentially dangerous collaboration" from the Obama administration.

"extremely close, unprecedented and potentially dangerous collaboration"

no King that was not the WMD, weapons of mass destruction you are still looking for ... wrong movie.

Forum List

Back