Will The Arizona Boycott Work?

Comparing the boycott of AZ regarding the MLK holiday and this boycott is like comparing apples to oranges. THIS boycott will NOT get off the ground.

Agreed. There are more hispanics than blacks involved this time. This one will be bigger. Actually this one will combine blacks and hispanics. Rev Al is already involved.

This will be bigger than the MLK birthday thing.

Arizona - Fail again. I love it here.

So let me see if I understand this, your advocating a boycott of a team that employee's 40% hispanics that your claim might be a victim of this new law and all the hispanics, African Americans, women, etc. in the local community who would benefit from a game being played here? Let me ask you Zona, who do you think will suffer more in the sort of boycott you are supporting? the people or the businesses that employ them? If you really wanted to make a difference here you would direct your anger at a Federal Govt. that has allowed this to become the institution that it has become and stop supporting a system that enslaves hispanics to meaningless labor jobs because they feel they have to illegally enter this nation in the first place. You would support a system that is fair for everyone and is enforced and protects Arizona for the benefit of the people that live here regardless of what ethnic heritage they have.

I am not sure, but the law that is here...the LAW that is on the books here that only 6% of the businesses used, that is called E-verify. Is it federal that no one uses it or is punished for not using it? If so, I agree, its federal.

50% of businesses hiring illegls here....is that a federal issue? If so, I agree.

The overall problem with all of this is simple really. America loves cheap labor. Its all about $$. Period.

(Seriously, if we really really really wanted to end all of this we would. If we deported all the illegals here, it would destroy our country, and we know it.)

Sir.

50% of businesses hiring illegls here....is that a federal issue? If so, I agree.

The overall problem with all of this is simple really. America loves cheap labor. Its all about $$. Period.

(Seriously, if we really really really wanted to end all of this we would. If we deported all the illegals here, it would destroy our country, and we know it.).

"Cheap labor," is all business can afford with $7.25/hr in AZ,

Of course, I'm not counting SSI, Medicare, and whatever the new healthcare bill might require of employers of legal citizens.

(Seriously, if we really really really wanted to end all of this we would. If we deported all the illegals here, it would destroy our country, and we know it.).

Of course, I'm not counting SSI, Medicare, and whatever the new healthcare bill might require of employers of legal citizens.

Is it really 7.25 an hour here? No wonder 50% of businesses break the law and hire fellow illegals. I say fellow illegals because the businesses owners who hire them are illegal themselves at that point.

Americans giving away our jobs to illegals is the problem. Businessess shipping our jobs to other countries are just as bad.

I'm still in shock about Obama's stupid remark that if you take your child out for ice-cream you could be arrested???? Dumb! Dumb! Dumb! And this is the president of the most powerful country??? Scary - REAL SCARY!!!!

I think so.

That state's legislators will LEARN...the HARD way.

This is NOT what the good people of the United States stands for.

These RW nut-jobs only only stand ONE thing...and that's MONEY!

That state will crumble to their knees. When enough business start SQUEALING like little pigs you will start to see a different song being sung by that wacko state.

Watch....you will see.

Anybody have any other thoughts on this?

Racist.

I think so.

That state's legislators will LEARN...the HARD way.

This is NOT what the good people of the United States stands for.

These RW nut-jobs only only stand ONE thing...and that's MONEY!

That state will crumble to their knees. When enough business start SQUEALING like little pigs you will start to see a different song being sung by that wacko state.

Watch....you will see.

Anybody have any other thoughts on this?

We are a nation of LAW not of men. The sooner some of you learn this the better off we will all be. This is much more than money. This issue is about protecting ourselves from invading people that mean to flout our law by ignoring them for their benefit regardless of LAW.

We have never been against immigrants that follow the law and meld their cultures with ours. We're better on whole for their contributions as a society.

That melding comes with a price that most think isn't unreasonable...and that is following the LAW.

And yes, they are invaders. Rewarding these invaders with citizenship for their behaviour isn't the way to go and YOU know it. You are a demagogue on this issue like the rest that are spouting the same bullshit.
Hey Einstein, if you're insisting that its a nation of laws and not men then why not enforce the laws. Why not prosecute the EMPLOYERS hardcore...cut it off at the head. Instead of harassing innocent and guilty alike on the streets. The Right to Privacy is a law...or no?

What's this thread doing in media anyway?

I posed it as a political question.

You guys have a really weird and unique way of categorizing things.

*shrugs*

I'm still in shock about Obama's stupid remark that if you take your child out for ice-cream you could be arrested???? Dumb! Dumb! Dumb! And this is the president of the most powerful country??? Scary - REAL SCARY!!!!

uhm...huh? He is right....go to the super market, or ice cream store and be stoped for your paperz is not america.

We need to get it back to the good ol days. :doubt:

giveusfree.jpg

uhm...huh? He is right....go to the super market, or ice cream store and be stoped for your paperz is not america.

Obama Lied

Last edited:

Quote me the section of the AZ law that says anyone will be "stoped" and asked for their 'papers'.

And America is capitalized, maroon :cuckoo:

'uhm...huh? He is right....go to the super market, or ice cream store and be stoped for your paperz is not america. We need to get it back to the good ol days.'

I would love to see that day.....Obama scares me more than 'let me see your papers'!

'Quote me the section of the AZ law that says anyone will be "stoped" and asked for their 'papers'.

Just ask the Obamaman......he is part of the hysteria.

Agreed. There are more hispanics than blacks involved this time. This one will be bigger. Actually this one will combine blacks and hispanics. Rev Al is already involved.

This will be bigger than the MLK birthday thing.

Arizona - Fail again. I love it here.

So let me see if I understand this, your advocating a boycott of a team that employee's 40% hispanics that your claim might be a victim of this new law and all the hispanics, African Americans, women, etc. in the local community who would benefit from a game being played here? Let me ask you Zona, who do you think will suffer more in the sort of boycott you are supporting? the people or the businesses that employ them? If you really wanted to make a difference here you would direct your anger at a Federal Govt. that has allowed this to become the institution that it has become and stop supporting a system that enslaves hispanics to meaningless labor jobs because they feel they have to illegally enter this nation in the first place. You would support a system that is fair for everyone and is enforced and protects Arizona for the benefit of the people that live here regardless of what ethnic heritage they have.

I am not sure, but the law that is here...the LAW that is on the books here that only 6% of the businesses used, that is called E-verify. Is it federal that no one uses it or is punished for not using it? If so, I agree, its federal.

(Seriously, if we really really really wanted to end all of this we would. If we deported all the illegals here, it would destroy our country, and we know it.)

Sir.

Zona, on most of my posts on this issue I have made it pretty clear on that issue of "cheap labor" as being one of the factors as to why the Federal Govt. chooses not to enforce the law, and the other is a political one. I see nothing wrong with a GOOD guest worker program if the need for cheap labor is so strong that if the sky were to fall and we actually did start to enforce the law and all of the illegal labor left. No offense to my Democrat friends on the labor side of this issue but it would seem to me that as a Democrat no one should be more in favor of enforcing illegal immigration laws that the labor backed Democratic party as the theory goes, when that illegal labor leaves the gap is filled by workers demanding higher wages because those workers are for the most part Americans. I see one party that claims to be pro-business look the other way on the labor side, and one party that claims to be pro -labor look the other way on the politcal side, thus the reason why you have a Federal Govt. that has cared very little about actually enforcing the law. I just find the whole thing to be a tragic waste in terms of human suffering that need not happen if we were to apply some common sense to this issue. AsI pointed out in some previous posts, its a little hard to claim your hoenstly trying to help the situation when the NEA budget is almost 1/3rd of then entire Border patrols budget and their budget won't buy one B-2 bomber.. see what I mean?

Is it really 7.25 an hour here? No wonder 50% of businesses break the law and hire fellow illegals. I say fellow illegals because the businesses owners who hire them are illegal themselves at that point.

Americans giving away our jobs to illegals is the problem. Businessess shipping our jobs to other countries are just as bad.

Bush signed the Bill into Law in 2007 raising the minimum wage.

The problem is that businesses are in competitive environments where the Feds has intruded, creating a false labor market (one that must be worth $7.25/hr). This wouldn't be so bad, in fact, it would be one of the few things that "level the playing field" since presumably no business could have a competitive cost advantage over another.

But what the feds have given on one hand, they have taken on the other. Arizona attracts cheaper illegal labor with a High (in Mexico) minimum wage, then the feds don't protect the borders. Its no wonder that the ONLY WAY to remain in business in Arizona is to hire illegal labor

Forum List

Back