Will Sweden Complete The Jump To Full Dhimmitude?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Annie, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    They seem surprised by the 'demand':

http://www.thelocal.se/article.php?ID=3674&date=20060428&PHPSESSID=151a20b729860e9bd580996d94743dff

The question is, 'why the surprise?' They've been on this road for quite awhile:

http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/807

http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/938

http://www.faithfreedom.org/oped/Fjordman50506.htm

http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/510

2. Harmageddon

Harmageddon Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Which you follow up with some links.

In them, the guy claims the Swedes are cowards for not printing the Muhammed cartoons, a clear sign they are caving in to the Muslim fanatic's demands - slowly, but steady.

If I recall correctly, the United States press did not print the cartoons either; southpark was pulled back by comedycentral from airing Muhammed, and so on and so on.

Seems to me, your country is on the road to becoming the Muslim fanatic's asshole of the world.

A shame.

PS: I am from the Netherlands: my country printed the cartoons all over the place, they were on the evening news and in every major newspaper. I am not saying my country is better than yours, but in this, we are.

To whom it may concern:
    Whomever wishes to be a fundamentalist Muslim, fine, be my guest. But don't come complaining when you realize your country is running backwards in time, and oppressive theocratic rule is choking your personal freedom. The cage you see was built by your own hands.

And requesting to build that same cage in my country will be met with disdain, disbelief and pity. It's not a good foundation from which to demand respect.

3. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511

A little sensitive are we? Don't want to live in Eurabia? DO SOMETHING!

4. ErikViking

ErikViking VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Dhimmitude? What is that?

Is it possible to quote an article that someone quoted?

From the top of the thread:
    "
    Liberal Party leader Lars Leijonborg also slammed the idea of separate laws.
    "

FYI The Liberal Party is to the right (not important on the matter).

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    See this thread:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?p=413424#post413424

6. ErikViking

ErikViking VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Well if I understand Dhimmitude right, and it was a bit complex, - I must say that I don't understand this topic. Dhimmitue is where laws are changed into shari'a based law. But no such laws has been written and as the quote said, no one want's that. Not even muslims as a general:

That some people make a demand isn't the thame thing that a nation obides that demand. It takes a majority of the population and a four year term to change those kind of laws in Sweden. Or is the poster trying to say that we should change the law so that everyone can follow his or hers religous laws? That would be troublesome I think.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Actually, it's when the infidels 'submit' to what Islamics want, in accordance to Sh'aria, which is cultural and religious-whether official or not-often in fear of perceived threats of violence. Sweden has choices to make, not good ones.

8. ErikViking

ErikViking VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Yes, that is reallity. Like in the printing of the cartoons. Our Foregin minister approved the shutdown of a website showing the cartoons. A very bad thing indeed, but she had to resign because of that too. So I guess dhimmitude descisions do occur, but they are officially corrected, according to law. Not even the foreign minister may fall for pressure.

Can the dhimmitude term be used related other groups than islamists?

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    To continue doing so would be very good.
    Do you know of another group that threatens all those who hold different beliefs? We are not speaking of a Tim McVeigh or the crazy 'pastor' saying military deaths are God's judgement on homosexuals or abortion provider killers...

10. ErikViking

ErikViking VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +105
    We have native indians that has a whole set of special economic and landowning rights. Not that they are voilent, but they get special treatment. (Probably beacuse we have stolen their country like a thousand years ago).
    They don't make threats but they demand special rights to ensure their way of living.