Will Social Media Get It Done?

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Flanders, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Flanders

Flanders ARCHCONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,034
    The possibility of Donald Trump getting the U.S. out of the United Nations was the one and only thing that put me in his camp. In general, I can put in with everything else he does except sucking up to the UNIC.

First he snuggled up to Theresa May after she said:

She hailed the United Nations, praised the World Bank, and called NATO “the cornerstone” of Western defence.

And Mrs. May also spoke of the necessity for multilateralism in stark contrast with the line pushed by the White House — which prefers bilateralism — over recent days. She cited the need to tackle “climate change” as one of the reasons to back globalist institutions.​

Britain’s Theresa May in U.S.: Islam is Peaceful, Globalism Good, Climate Change a Priority
    by Raheem Kassam26 Jan 2017

Britain's Theresa May in U.S.: Islam is Peaceful, Globalist Orgs Good, Climate Change Priority

Secondly, I did not much care for Nikki Haley before Trump made her U.S. Ambassador to the UN.

Anybody interested in learning more about how the United Nations gets into our domestic affairs you can start with South Carolina. Naturally, former SENATOR, and longtime traitor, John Kerry pops up in this article:​

Kerry sent one of his top lieutenants to Spartanburg earlier this week to try to quell the uprising. ​

Nikki Haley welcomes Muslim refugees
    Posted By Leo Hohmann On 08/28/2015 @ 8:23 pm

Nikki Haley welcomes Muslim refugees

Now, Trump and Haley are making me antsy:

Bureaucrats and diplomats at the United Nations are scrambling to adjust to the new Trump administration. One thing seems certain. The Obama days of wine and roses for the UN are over. The new U.S. ambassador to the UN, Nikki Haley, told reporters on Friday, upon entering UN headquarters for the first time in her new role, “you are going to see a change in the way we do business.” She added that the Trump administration “is prepared and ready to go in – to have me go in, look at the UN, and everything that’s working, we’re going to make it better; everything that’s not working, we’re going to try and fix; and anything that seems to be obsolete and not necessary, we’re going to do away with.” For anyone whom might doubt that the Trump administration means business, Ambassador Haley made it clear that the administration would be “taking names” of “those who don’t have our back.”​

Ending Business as Usual at the United Nations
    By Joseph A. Klein
    January 28, 2017

Ending Business as Usual at the United Nations

Let me cut to the chase. The media made Haley and Trump look good to Americans. In fact, she was talking about reforming the United Nations when passing H.R. 193 is the only cure for that disease.