Will Smith does not have to curse in his raps to sell records

The Hood took over popular music in the late 80s with...
percussion.
percussion.
percussion.
percussion.
percussion.
And Hood Raps filled with curse words.

Then Eminem came on the scene and restored something The Hood, for the most part, couldn't produce...
Melody.

To me, no one needs to swear in order to get their point/message across...but of course its done any way.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
I disagree. The entire reason curse words exist is to convey the depth of feeling about a particular subject. "Fuck da police" comes to mind as a great example of curse words being the only words of choice to convey the depth of feeling that exists among many Black youth harassed, robbed, assaulted, and killed by cops. How much of a dud would that song have been if instead they said "gosh darned those police"?

^^^ Other things to say instead can be thought of though too. That is what I do. Making yourself stand out may get even more people's attention any way considering how common curse words have become these days and all which in my opinion is what can make them lose their effectiveness. They are said so much now that people probably expect them, so for them to not be put out there for once, you might be surprised at the response that you may get in return.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Forum List

Back