Will Scott Walker's "Divide and Conquer" Union-Busting Strategy Work In Other States?

Oh for chrissakes don't drag out that nonsense that somehow conservatives are only anti-labor when it comes to public sector unions.

You're a fucking idiot. I despise and wish to eliminate all public employee unions, and am 100% behind private sector unions.

It's the liberal mentality, your either like all unions or you hate all unions, you either love government and every thing the do or you want no government and on and on the liberal black and white mindset sits.

Oh for chrissakes don't drag out that nonsense that somehow conservatives are only anti-labor when it comes to public sector unions.

You're a fucking idiot. I despise and wish to eliminate all public employee unions, and am 100% behind private sector unions.

It's the liberal mentality, your either like all unions or you hate all unions, you either love government and every thing the do or you want no government and on and on the liberal black and white mindset sits.

yep, they're not programmed to make decisions like those as well as how to store your trash or what drinks and food to get. the government HAS to tell them or they cant function.

Does anyone know, for a FACT, whether Scott Walker exaggerated and/or manufactured the Wisconsin budget crisis to bust unions? I've heard and read conflicting reports, so I honestly don't know. Maybe the truth lies somewhere in the middle, but I'd really like to know the truth.

Well, apparently no one else knows the truth, either.

Does anyone know, for a FACT, whether Scott Walker exaggerated and/or manufactured the Wisconsin budget crisis to bust unions? I've heard and read conflicting reports, so I honestly don't know. Maybe the truth lies somewhere in the middle, but I'd really like to know the truth.

Well, apparently no one else knows the truth, either.

so it's rumor, inuendo and conjecture,
First if he's trying to but unions. atta boy!!!!!!!!!!
Second, if you're gonna say stuff, give proof.
I could say Clinton had Vince Foster killed, but I have no proof, therefore I dont say that.

There is no doubt that Walker busted unions - but was it justified to balance the budget?

When the Unions are financed by the Taxpayers... ABSOLUTELY!!!! I've said it before, when "Public" Unions realize that people (The Taxpayers) are FED UP supporting a system which rewards workers NOT by their performance, but by their "Tenure" -maybe then will the Unions understand why there are in an UPHILL battle with the Taxpayers. The Gravy Train is over, and the Taxpayers want results... NOT "no-loads" bilking the system simply to "endure" their time before they land their golden benefits package. Perhaps if the Unions would have paid less attention to the "what's in it for ME" ideology, and more to the "what's in it for US", the Public might have been more forgiving when they cast their votes. In the Economy we are in at the moment, it's very hard to justify rewarding people on the Taxpayer's dime who simply put out an inferior product at a price the public simply cannot afford.

There is no doubt that Walker busted unions - but was it justified to balance the budget?

When the Unions are financed by the Taxpayers... ABSOLUTELY!!!! I've said it before, when "Public" Unions realize that people (The Taxpayers) are FED UP supporting a system which rewards workers NOT by their performance, but by their "Tenure" -maybe then will the Unions understand why there are in an UPHILL battle with the Taxpayers. The Gravy Train is over, and the Taxpayers want results... NOT "no-loads" bilking the system simply to "endure" their time before they land their golden benefits package. Perhaps if the Unions would have paid less attention to the "what's in it for ME" ideology, and more to the "what's in it for US", the Public might have been more forgiving when they cast their votes. In the Economy we are in at the moment, it's very hard to justify rewarding people on the Taxpayer's dime who simply put out an inferior product at a price the public simply cannot afford.

Please explain how "the Unions are financed by the Taxpayers"...

Out of every dollar that funds Wisconsin's pension and health insurance plans for state workers, 100 cents comes from the state workers.

How can that be? Because the "contributions" consist of money that employees chose to take as deferred wages – as pensions when they retire – rather than take immediately in cash. The same is true with the health care plan. If this were not so a serious crime would be taking place, the gift of public funds rather than payment for services.

Thus, state workers are not being asked to simply "contribute more" to Wisconsin' s retirement system (or as the argument goes, "pay their fair share" of retirement costs as do employees in Wisconsin' s private sector who still have pensions and health insurance). They are being asked to accept a cut in their salaries so that the state of Wisconsin can use the money to fill the hole left by tax cuts and reduced audits of corporations in Wisconsin.

More: The Big Myth in Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker's Union-Busting Crusade - Robert Schlesinger (usnews.com)

Lakhota, I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but you have answered your OP multiple times in the affirmative.

Union busting or not. The truth is that, right now, the only new major manufacturing plants in the rich West are being built in the U.S. South. Not Western Europe. Successful german companies do not build new major factories in Germany anymore; they prefer to expand in lower-wage countries with flexible labour laws (e.g. Daimler in Hungary).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back