Will Sarah Palin Win the 2012 Presidential Election?

Will Sarah Palin win the 2012 Presidential election?

• Yes

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 87.0%

• Total voters
I dont think she is going to run. So until we know that, this question is quite pointless.

1z6bd5s.jpg

Palin was the Dukakis of modern republicans. She's one potatoe away from leaping into Dan Quayle territory.

Whadya think?

Her die-hard supporters sure seem to think so.

"But, seriously, just look at the negatives: she’s a popular first-term governor, she’s a woman, she’s happily married, she has five kids, one of them with Down’s syndrome, she’s a maverick, she’s from way beyond the Beltway, she’s taken on both the Republican Party and Big Oil, she shoots automatic weapons, she can kill a moose with a butter knife and fillet a sea lion with a smile, her husband’s a roustabout Eskimo snowmobile champ, she’s a hockey mom, she was Miss Wasilla, she looks like she should be playing Cecily, the saucy librarian, in Tom Stoppard’s Travesties, and she doesn’t wear pantsuits. Heck, she hasn’t even appeared yet on Meet the Press! I mean, who in his right mind would vote for her?

Sure, if she were one of ours, not only would we have nominated her by acclamation, since she fulfills every trope of feminism except for her unfortunate and inexplicable opposition to murdering unborn children, we would also have made at least two TV movies about her life, celebrating her choice to have her fifth child and the announcement yesterday that her 17-year-old daughter, Bristol, is pregnant and is going to marry the teenage father of her child. That’s the kind of heartwarming, inclusive, empowering story we love — she’s like Juno come to life as Juneau, set in Mystery, Alaska.

But she’s not a Democrat, which despite her va-va-va-voom appearance, means she’s not really a woman, which is one of the reasons we’ve spent the past four days since McCain unveiled her trying to tear her limb from limb. Just because she’s the governor of a state sandwiched between two obscure and unimportant countries, Canada and Russia, and spent more time in her first five minutes visiting American troops in Iraq than Evita Barry did during his entire Rainbow Tour, what could she possibly know about foreign policy? It’s not like she’s John Edwards or something. "

I Hate You Sarah Palin by David Kahane on National Review Online

I really like Sarah Palin. I find her very charismatic, intelligent, well-spoken, animated, and sincere. However, I cannot picture her as POTUS. Ever. I think she's out of politics and will be taking a different route to support this country. She won't be running in 2012; she likely won't be running ever.

Whadya think?

Her die-hard supporters sure seem to think so.
She won't run until her son Trigg's future is considered by mom and dad to be safely determined, and secure from the likes of the David Lettermans. That will be 2020 earliest and 2024 at the latest, if ever.

Yeah, those big, bad Dave Lettermans.

Quite dangerous they are....

A clever line Red, and it makes clear your attitude about children being verbally abused by elder creeps on the public stage...so you probably wouldn't understand any of this either:

"Her eldest son is serving in the military, in the war zone, at a particularly dangerous and violent moment, when the U.S. is transferring responsibility to the new and still untried Iraqi army.

Her eldest daughter is dealing with the twin burdens of a failed relationship and single motherhood, while also serving as a national joke for the same type of people who insisted that Chelsea Clinton and the Obama girls are off limits. This is a state of affairs that undoubtedly requires much in the way of TLC from Palin.

Her second youngest daughter has recently come under the gun thanks to that epitome of class, David Letterman. All excuses aside, the A-Rod joke was a transparent attempt at seeing if it was now safe to go after Willow, the rest of the Palin family having been run through the mill one after the other. It occurred at an awkward age for a girl, when events such as this can leave a serious mark. Another instance where mom must be available.

And lastly, Palin has a disabled infant child, one who has already been victimized by the left-wing blogosphere and the mass media. Downs children are very high-functioning. It's easily possible for Trig to have a golden life as long as close attention is paid to his upbringing and education. His mother will be the crucial figure here.

So what does a woman do under such circumstances? A real woman, not a pol in a skirt. A wife and a mother, someone with a clear hierarchy of values. Why, she steps out. She removes herself from the firing line. Returns to what matters. She retreats from the public world for the verities of family and community.

There's nothing difficult to understand here. All the comments we've heard from the mass media, from the political experts, and from the operatives, merely reveal the limitations of the commentators."

American Thinker: Sarah Palin: The Best is Yet to Come

Speaking as an outsider in England, I really do hope that Sarah Palin is the Republican canditate next time - because that would ensure that Mr Obama wins a second term!

Speaking as an outsider in England, I really do hope that Sarah Palin is the Republican canditate next time - because that would ensure that Mr Obama wins a second term!
How would that be good for you? It's a lead pipe cinch that if Obama gets his way with health care in this country, you will lose a place to go which could save your life with treatments that would be unavailable in Great Britain. Folks in Canada are concerned for their health future, as should you.

How would that be good for you? It's a lead pipe cinch that if Obama gets his way with health care in this country, you will lose a place to go which could save your life with treatments that would be unavailable in Great Britain. Folks in Canada are concerned for their health future, as should you.

We have a number of Canadians working in the plant I work in. They like their health care system to the man. And wonder why we are so backward about adopting a system that covers all Americans.

New Topics

Forum List

Back