Will Ryan and the GOP win the "War on the Elderly"?

It's just a matter of time until middle American wakes up. Republicans should be concerned, because there is going to be a massive backlash against them and conservatism in general.

Middle America has awakened, thus the election results of 2010. Much of middle America has realized that the wealthy aren't responsible for supporting the entire nation, and that the longer this psychological state persists, the lower and lower the monetary standard for the "wealthy" will become. The middle class now identifies with the wealthy, because our own income is increasingly being siphoned to pay for social programs that we can't afford and which are getting out of control. It is not my moral obligation to pay for the existence of anyone else if I wasn't directly responsible for their birth. There is no right to a comfortable life just by birthright. For references, see the laws of nature.

The "partisan nonsense" is not the Democrats fault. At least they try to help the middle class.

If it is not the Democrat's, or the Republican's, fault, who is to blame? Obama? Is that why he turned a policy speech about the deficit into a campaign speech that proved he is completely qualified to run for the office of President of the United States?

I also appreciate all the effort Democrats put into keeping the middle class by spending millions of dollars on liberal billionaires who drill for oil in Brazil and sell it to us.

Guantanamo is a "perfect" example. Remember when the generals were saying that Guantanamo was a "recruiting tool" for al Qaeda. They were saying we need to shut it down because we lost the moral high ground against al Qaeda.

Do you have any idea how many Democrats voted to ban civilian trials? To keep Guantanamo open? By the way, if the Republicans did spend millions to keep Guantanamo open at least they used their own money. How much money has Obama spent flying around the country to talk abot closing it?

As for keeping the moral high ground against Al Qeada, they fly planes into buildings. Even the Democrats have no trouble topping that.

The Republican leadership knows that keeping Guantanamo open puts our troops in danger and makes their jobs more difficult. So what did they do? They spent millions on a campaign of lies terrorizing Americans. Remember, "Obama wants to release terrorists onto American streets" and "Obama will let terrorists live in your neighborhood"?

Please explain ho keeping Guantanamo open makes it harder for Congress to do its job? Give examples, if you have any.

As for putting our troops in danger, the simple solution to that is to bring them home, something Obama promised to do by the end of his first year in office. What happened to that one? Did the Republicans spend more money to keep them in Iraq and put more of them into Afghanistan? Was it their idea to attack Libya?

Republicans turned Guantanamo into a "win-win". If Obama closed it, he would be going against the public opinion that Republicans manipulated. And the Leadership can say Obama "broke his promise". The only losers are our American soldiers. But hey, if the Republican leadership can throw the elderly under the bus, what's a few soldiers? It's not like they come from "rich families". Besides, as Republicans point out, "They volunteered".

Damn, those Republicans are smart.

Knowing that Obama intended to try KSM in New York and close Guantanamo they secretly built a time machine and went back to get themselves elected as Democrats years ago in order to block him from doing it.

Congress, which was overwhelmingly Democrat, pulled Obama up short in both of those, and he fired back with both barrels. You, instead of pointing out how he tried to stick to his principles, are now trying to argue that he is so weak and ineffectual that he allowed a bunch of 905 rich, white, racist, cowards to stop him from doing the right thing.

Are the rumors true? Are you really a Republican scientist that is trying to make Democrats look bad?

Last edited:
He's getting heckled by his own constituents about his budget deal. He really isnt interested in humans...the poor ones that is.

The health issue is not that hard. I was diagnosed as a stage 3 grade 4 Hepatitis-c patent in 2005. The meds I needed cost $1,475 a month and I made $8.25 an hour and had no insurance. Know how I got them ? I asked Rouch for them and they gave them to me for free. This is common among drug companys. I got to go to work. Have a good day all.

Not so fast.....did you have any type of insurance at all? What were the precise forms/agreements/requirments that you had to meet to get your free medication? And for how long are they going to provide this freebie?

I had to have a Dr. prescribe the med's and an address to ship them to. I received a 48 week supply. No insurance at the time, I got lucky to have the Dr. I had. And the prior years tax papers. The thing is, if you need it, you can get medical attention with out the government getting involved.

So without insurance, you got a doctor to write a script.....at no charge? And then you had to submit tax papers...to what, declare poverty line status?

Bottom line: you're a very special situation that CANNOT be applied to the vast majority for EVERY medication needed.

Not so fast.....did you have any type of insurance at all? What were the precise forms/agreements/requirments that you had to meet to get your free medication? And for how long are they going to provide this freebie?

I had to have a Dr. prescribe the med's and an address to ship them to. I received a 48 week supply. No insurance at the time, I got lucky to have the Dr. I had. And the prior years tax papers. The thing is, if you need it, you can get medical attention with out the government getting involved.

So without insurance, you got a doctor to write a script.....at no charge? And then you had to submit tax papers...to what, declare poverty line status?

Bottom line: you're a very special situation that CANNOT be applied to the vast majority for EVERY medication needed.

No, that was a liar.

The "partisan nonsense" is not the Democrats fault. At least they try to help the middle class.

If it is not the Democrat's, or the Republican's, fault, who is to blame? Obama? Is that why he turned a policy speech about the deficit into a campaign speech that proved he is completely qualified to run for the office of President of the United States?

I also appreciate all the effort Democrats put into keeping the middle class by spending millions of dollars on liberal billionaires who drill for oil in Brazil and sell it to us.

Guantanamo is a "perfect" example. Remember when the generals were saying that Guantanamo was a "recruiting tool" for al Qaeda. They were saying we need to shut it down because we lost the moral high ground against al Qaeda.

Do you have any idea how many Democrats voted to ban civilian trials? To keep Guantanamo open? By the way, if the Republicans did spend millions to keep Guantanamo open at least they used their own money. How much money has Obama spent flying around the country to talk abot closing it?

As for keeping the moral high ground against Al Qeada, they fly planes into buildings. Even the Democrats have no trouble topping that.

The Republican leadership knows that keeping Guantanamo open puts our troops in danger and makes their jobs more difficult. So what did they do? They spent millions on a campaign of lies terrorizing Americans. Remember, "Obama wants to release terrorists onto American streets" and "Obama will let terrorists live in your neighborhood"?

Please explain ho keeping Guantanamo open makes it harder for Congress to do its job? Give examples, if you have any.

As for putting our troops in danger, the simple solution to that is to bring them home, something Obama promised to do by the end of his first year in office. What happened to that one? Did the Republicans spend more money to keep them in Iraq and put more of them into Afghanistan? Was it their idea to attack Libya?

Republicans turned Guantanamo into a "win-win". If Obama closed it, he would be going against the public opinion that Republicans manipulated. And the Leadership can say Obama "broke his promise". The only losers are our American soldiers. But hey, if the Republican leadership can throw the elderly under the bus, what's a few soldiers? It's not like they come from "rich families". Besides, as Republicans point out, "They volunteered".

Knowing that Obama intended to try KSM in New York and close Guantanamo they secretly built a time machine and went back to get themselves elected as Democrats years ago in order to block him from doing it.

Congress, which was overwhelmingly Democrat, pulled Obama up short in both of those, and he fired back with both barrels. You, instead of pointing out how he tried to stick to his principles, are now trying to argue that he is so weak and ineffectual that he allowed a bunch of 905 rich, white, racist, cowards to stop him from doing the right thing.

Are the rumors true? Are you really a Republican scientist that is trying to make Democrats look bad?

Gen. Petraeus joined FOX News and Martha MacCallum today and gave a blockbuster interview, but probably not the one Fox expected. Once again, he called for the responsible closure of the military prison at Guantanamo Bay. He also said that mistakes were made after 9/11 and that the Army Field Manual is all that we need to use to interrogate prisoners. In addition, he said that we have to have faith in our judicial system and we should try the Khalid Sheikh Muhammads in a court of law.

Gen. Petraeus: US violated Geneva Convention, the court of law could try terrorists: we made mistakes after 9/11: Close Gitmo | Crooks and Liars

A group of retired generals say that former Vice President Dick Cheney and his "acolytes," including daughter Liz Cheney (left), are trying to scare Americans over the prospect of closing the Guantanamo Bay prison facility through "nonsense" arguments

Cheneys Offering "Nonsense" On Gitmo, Generals Say - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

--------------------------------------------------------

The reason you can't win an argument is because the only person you "quote" is me. And even then, most of your "answers" seem as if they are answering "different" questions.

Take this for instance, "Please explain ho keeping Guantanamo open makes it harder for Congress to do its job? Give examples, if you have any."

Clearly, I was referring to the troops. Even the generals say keeping that place opens makes it harder for the "troops".

Go back to your delusions. At least when you are in that deluded state of mind, you win every argument and you know what you are talking about. In the "real" world, not so much.

Gen. Petraeus joined FOX News and Martha MacCallum today and gave a blockbuster interview, but probably not the one Fox expected. Once again, he called for the responsible closure of the military prison at Guantanamo Bay. He also said that mistakes were made after 9/11 and that the Army Field Manual is all that we need to use to interrogate prisoners. In addition, he said that we have to have faith in our judicial system and we should try the Khalid Sheikh Muhammads in a court of law.

Gen. Petraeus: US violated Geneva Convention, the court of law could try terrorists: we made mistakes after 9/11: Close Gitmo | Crooks and Liars

A group of retired generals say that former Vice President Dick Cheney and his "acolytes," including daughter Liz Cheney (left), are trying to scare Americans over the prospect of closing the Guantanamo Bay prison facility through "nonsense" arguments

Cheneys Offering "Nonsense" On Gitmo, Generals Say - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

--------------------------------------------------------

The reason you can't win an argument is because the only person you "quote" is me. And even then, most of your "answers" seem as if they are answering "different" questions.

Take this for instance, "Please explain ho keeping Guantanamo open makes it harder for Congress to do its job? Give examples, if you have any."

Clearly, I was referring to the troops. Even the generals say keeping that place opens makes it harder for the "troops".

Go back to your delusions. At least when you are in that deluded state of mind, you win every argument and you know what you are talking about. In the "real" world, not so much.

Yeah. Please note that I never said Gitmo should not be closed, I am just mocking your assertion that the Republicans are responsible for blocking it. The vote to provide funds for closing Gitmo lost by a margin of 90 to 6 on May 29, 2009. At that point in time there were 60 solid Democratic votes in the Senate, yet no more than 6 of them voted for it. I am not the one that is living with delusions.

Thats about right. If you had to, you can go to one of those clinics that do a sliding scale, then utilize what ever means to get the meds. The clinic will usually know about thees programs. And yes, I think there is a financial criteria that has to be met. If the vast majority looks they will find it.

No, that was a liar.

Ok.

It's just a matter of time until middle American wakes up. Republicans should be concerned, because there is going to be a massive backlash against them and conservatism in general.

Middle America has awakened, thus the election results of 2010. Much of middle America has realized that the wealthy aren't responsible for supporting the entire nation, and that the longer this psychological state persists, the lower and lower the monetary standard for the "wealthy" will become. The middle class now identifies with the wealthy, because our own income is increasingly being siphoned to pay for social programs that we can't afford and which are getting out of control. It is not my moral obligation to pay for the existence of anyone else if I wasn't directly responsible for their birth. There is no right to a comfortable life just by birthright. For references, see the laws of nature.

Very good post too.

This country is on a downward spiral and seniors will be the first to be hurt. Has been going down since the mid 80's.

No, that was a liar.

Yeah, I suspect he is....because the more he tries to shore up his claim, the more fantastic it becomes...and thus more unlikely not to bear under close examination.

No, that was a liar.

Yeah, I suspect he is....because the more he tries to shore up his claim, the more fantastic it becomes...and thus more unlikely not to bear under close examination.

Then examine it or hush.

On Meet the Press, David Brooks said that the average senior citizen has put $150,000 into Medicare and has pulled out $450,000. I have no idea if it is true or not but if it is it is untenable.

Thats about right. If you had to, you can go to one of those clinics that do a sliding scale, then utilize what ever means to get the meds. The clinic will usually know about thees programs. And yes, I think there is a financial criteria that has to be met. If the vast majority looks they will find it.

Sorry bunky, but your story is just that...a story. Suddenly YOU don't know for sure if you had to file tax papers to declare bankruptcy. A doctor writes you script without charging you or registering you as his patient...you had no insurance and indicate that you weren't exactly flush with cash at the time....and then you give some generalized supposition and conjecture about clinics. Bottom line: you've gleamed off a few commercials regarding financial help offered to seniors who can't afford their meds (some private, some gov't sponsored)....the commercials are not very specific on their details, and neither are you.

In any event, your "option" is no way in hell a viable substitute for the medicare program for the overwhelming majority of seniors in America.

On Meet the Press, David Brooks said that the average senior citizen has put $150,000 into Medicare and has pulled out $450,000. I have no idea if it is true or not but if it is it is untenable.

david brooks is either stupid or a bad liar or both. Just do a fact check on his claims.

No, that was a liar.

Then examine it or hush.

Not so fast, bunky....YOU made all these claims, so the burden of proof is on YOU. If you can't provide proof beyond some generalized and slightly vague stories, then you're just blowing smoke.

Sorry bunky, but your story is just that...a story. Suddenly YOU don't know for sure if you had to file tax papers to declare bankruptcy. A doctor writes you script without charging you or registering you as his patient...you had no insurance and indicate that you weren't exactly flush with cash at the time....and then you give some generalized supposition and conjecture about clinics. Bottom line: you've gleamed off a few commercials regarding financial help offered to seniors who can't afford their meds (some private, some gov't sponsored)....the commercials are not very specific on their details, and neither are you.

In any event, your "option" is no way in hell a viable substitute for the medicare program for the overwhelming majority of seniors in America.

What ? I never said I was not registered as a patent. And I do believe I said that the tax papers were most likely used to see if I met a certain criteria. I wont post websites because I dont want to get banned again, but any moron (even a stupid swamp donkey like you) can do a five second google search and find out how I did it.

Well some time has passed and I figure I will help you out. here you go bunky-

Name of Program Pegassist Patient Assistance Program
Affiliated Company
Address of Program
Address 2 Centerville
Address 3
Phone (Voice)
Fax
How to get application Contact program
General guidelines/directives for applicants Must not have insurance coverage for this medication and meet program financial guidelines.
Beginning course of action to obtain drugs Doctor or patient may call to start pre-screening. Assuming patient passes pre-screening, the program sends a patient specific application to doctor's office for completion. Completed application may be faxed back to program.
Doctor/provider's Completes section of the application and attaches prescription.
Responsibilities of Patient Completes section and attaches proof of income.
Distribution manner Medication is sent to the doctor's office.
Amount distributed one month supply
Refill process Doctor completes refill request form to returned to program for processing. New application required after a year.
Program limitations Indefinite

And you get the whole ball rolling right here, http://www.galvestonchap.org/Pathway/NonEmergency.asp everything from HIV and cancer to tooth aches. in one motion, you can get medical attention, and the meds.

Last edited:

Then examine it or hush.

Not so fast, bunky....YOU made all these claims, so the burden of proof is on YOU. If you can't provide proof beyond some generalized and slightly vague stories, then you're just blowing smoke.

is that too generalized and slightly vague ? facts usually are a bit rough for you libtards.

Forum List

Back