Will Ron Paul destroy the Iowa Caucus?

It's funny to me to hear the talking heads on TV say something and then to come on this board and see a bunch of people repeating it. If Ron Paul had the support of the media you all would be lining up for bumper stickers.

Ron Paul is never going to have the nationwide support, period. Some libs like him for his stance on pot and the war...until they hear about how incredibly racist he is among some of his other whacked out ideas. The GOP will NEVER vote for the guy because of his stance on...well, pot and the war. Get over it.

I actually don't expect him to be elected believe it or not. I think he has too much stacked against him. It isn't the claims of racism either. It's the entire establishment. They have enormous resources and the media will keep after him until he is toast. I am more interested in him exposing the fraud being perpetrated by the establishment on the american people. Everytime he speaks someone else wakes up and they start to research on their own.

I am hoping you are wrong though and I do think that he has more supporters than most of the talking heads think he does. I think the media trying to ignore him and not let his message out is more telling than anything else. If he is unelectable then the people will not elect him. Why do we need someone to tell us who is electable? I think this entire idea of not voting for someone that is unelectable is laughable anyway. Maybe the reason he is unelectable is because people like you keep telling people not to vote for him because the media told you he is unelectable?

Huckabee won it in 2008. He had no shot of winning the Presidency. It hasnt damaged Iowa yet.

honestly, i dont think Ron Paul is going to win it. But if he did, i think it would mess with the media the most

I wouldn't worry your little head to much.

Paul has a fair chance of winning the whole thing.

Newts almost done, Romney has always been the also ran guy that no one can really really support, so all Paul has to do is keep on keeping on and just ride it to the end.

Suck it republicans, you are going to have to route for an actual conservative or live with big 0 in the big WH for another 4 years.

Ron Paul winning Iowa would be the equivlent of Pat Buchanan winning New Hampshire in 1996. It'll panick the establishment into getting behind someone- anyone- who can beat him. Even if that person is a sure-fire loser in the General.

I am really surprised the Democrats aren't getting behind Paul in Iowa and NH, since their guy is running unopposed. That would be a way of really screwing with things.
What does that tell you about the establishment? Why remain in the party if you already know they're willing to sabotage themselves to keep a more liberty minded republican from winning?

And as far as the democrats, they ARE getting behind him. He's the only republican who's getting crossovers.

It's funny to me to hear the talking heads on TV say something and then to come on this board and see a bunch of people repeating it. If Ron Paul had the support of the media you all would be lining up for bumper stickers.

Ron Paul is never going to have the nationwide support, period. Some libs like him for his stance on pot and the war...until they hear about how incredibly racist he is among some of his other whacked out ideas. The GOP will NEVER vote for the guy because of his stance on...well, pot and the war. Get over it.

I actually don't expect him to be elected believe it or not. I think he has too much stacked against him. It isn't the claims of racism either. It's the entire establishment. They have enormous resources and the media will keep after him until he is toast. I am more interested in him exposing the fraud being perpetrated by the establishment on the american people. Everytime he speaks someone else wakes up and they start to research on their own.

I am hoping you are wrong though and I do think that he has more supporters than most of the talking heads think he does. I think the media trying to ignore him and not let his message out is more telling than anything else. If he is unelectable then the people will not elect him. Why do we need someone to tell us who is electable? I think this entire idea of not voting for someone that is unelectable is laughable anyway. Maybe the reason he is unelectable is because people like you keep telling people not to vote for him because the media told you he is unelectable?

They have enormous resources and the media will keep after him until he is toast.

People are beginning to realize that the media is feeding us a load of crap. What they say means nothing.

How long have Republicans been complaining about their candidates being "Democrat Light"? Now a candidate comes along that is an actual fiscal Conservative with Libertarian leanings and what happens? The RNC wants to ignore him. That should tell you what they're really all about: Themselves.

In 2008 what were Conservatives who didn't like McCain say: "Oh we should let Obama get elected so he can fuck up things and everyone can see what loser proposition Liberalism is then we can start winning elections again".

Well, that has happened. Time to elect a Constitutional Conservative and reverse all this. Get off all these "Left/Right", "AFC/NFC", "AL/NL" stupid divisive arguments the power structure uses against us.

You guys like that fuckin' NDAA Bill that Obama signed into law? Well wake the fuck up then.

Newts almost done, Romney has always been the also ran guy that no one can really really support, so all Paul has to do is keep on keeping on and just ride it to the end.

Suck it republicans, you are going to have to route for an actual conservative or live with big 0 in the big WH for another 4 years.

You Paul supporters are a scary bunch. Everything concerning Ron Paul is taken as a personal cause.
You show just as much worship for Paul as Obamatons feel worship for their messiah.

According to what I've heard, the biggest spender in Iowa media buys has been Perry. It's "all or nothing" time, I guess.
Perry is such a retarded, teleprompter reading tool.

Now I know what Democrats saw when they looked at Bush Jr. Useless. Bought and paid for whore. But someone else (The Bankers) will get their pleasure out of him while we'll be left with the cost, the bar tab and the STD's.

Fuck!

How long have Republicans been complaining about their candidates being "Democrat Light"? Now a candidate comes along that is an actual fiscal Conservative with Libertarian leanings and what happens? The RNC wants to ignore him. That should tell you what they're really all about: Themselves.

In 2008 what were Conservatives who didn't like McCain say: "Oh we should let Obama get elected so he can fuck up things and everyone can see what loser proposition Liberalism is then we can start winning elections again".

Well, that has happened. Time to elect a Constitutional Conservative and reverse all this. Get off all these "Left/Right", "AFC/NFC", "AL/NL" stupid divisive arguments the power structure uses against us.

You guys like that fuckin' NDAA Bill that Obama signed into law? Well wake the fuck up then.

How can I care about the NDAA bill when the media says I should care about Jerry Sandusky instead?

You Paul supporters are a scary bunch. Everything concerning Ron Paul is taken as a personal cause.
You show just as much worship for Paul as Obamatons feel worship for their messiah.

Don't compare the admiration, respect, and support for a man with 30 years worth of record, personal life, opinions, accomplishments, etc, to blind support of a man voters knew almost nothing about other than catch phrases and an ability to deliver a speech better than W.

Obama was sold to us like a bag of chip. Some of us, but not enough, recognized the hype.

The bottom line is that the media will tell us who to vote for and most of us will.

Don't compare the admiration, respect, and support for a man with 30 years worth of record, personal life, opinions, accomplishments, etc, to blind support of a man voters knew almost nothing about other than catch phrases and an ability to deliver a speech better than W.
See what I mean?
Paul is a fringe candidate. He means well. What beats him is his shrill delivery at times of stress . I cite his response to Bachmann in the last debte. Paul's tone went up about 4 octaves. In my view, this is not the kind of person best suited to represent us in times of crisis. Additionally, what Paul had to say made little sense. It was pure rhetoric.
Paul has good ideas. IMO he is best suited as a presidential advisor of high rank.
He's not a good front man.

See what I mean?
Paul is a fringe candidate. He means well. What beats him is his shrill delivery at times of stress . I cite his response to Bachmann in the last debte. Paul's tone went up about 4 octaves. In my view, this is not the kind of person best suited to represent us in times of crisis. Additionally, what Paul had to say made little sense. It was pure rhetoric.
Paul has good ideas. IMO he is best suited as a presidential advisor of high rank.
He's not a good front man.

Whatever. I don't choose candidates based on how they "deliver" their words. I'm not electing a permanent dictator, the man only gets 4 years and possibly another 4. He's the only one I trust to veto bills that will damage this country, and the only one I trust to do what he can to AVOID another world war, rather than exacerbate, if not cause, one.

I guess the pundits and big government politicians only support democracy when their established candidates win, but when the people elect a candidate of sound principle and character. Democracy is no longer allowed and the victory should be ignored.

Ron Paul wins Iowa and New Hampshire, but what is important is that Mitt Romney came in second and Huntsman did better than expected.

... and you thought Ron Paul supporters were motivated before?

:::HOLD:::

Huckabee won it in 2008. He had no shot of winning the Presidency. It hasnt damaged Iowa yet.

honestly, i dont think Ron Paul is going to win it. But if he did, i think it would mess with the media the most

Huckabee would have been a stronger candidate than McCain was, IMHO. I wish he was running now.

Two groups the GOP has to get right with if they have any hope of not going the way of the Whigs- Hispanic and working folks. Huckabee had a chance of connecting with them.

Mr. "I can't have illegals here, I'm running for office for Pete's Sake" won't.

Forum List

Back