Will Republicans Work to Lower Unemployment?

With just over two years till the presidential elections, economic expansion and a strong job market is critical to Obama and the Democrats. Republicans are promising they will work for economic improvement if elected in the midterm. But is there any real incentive for them to do so? It would seem that they have reason to do the opposite. It is Obama, not congress that will be held responsible if in 2 years we have high unemployment.

Republicans know two things. "Deregulate" and "Cut taxes for the rich". That's it. That's all they know. You want to know what their policies are?

1. Deregulate clean air.

2. Deregulate clean water.

3. Deregulate Wall Street.

4. Cut taxes for everyone making over $250,000 a year.

5. End taxes for everyone making over 5 million a year.

6. End taxes for corporations.

There you go. The Republican plan. I knew it even before they said it.

You forgot that they want to increase taxes on the poor

Until consumer demand comes back, what are they supposed to do; spend mo money we don't have?
Ah, yes.....the Catch-22 that Lil' Dumbya NEVER CONSIDERED!!!

"And you can see right there how simply the words of President George W. Bush started slamming the breaks of the economy.

This, of course, all snowballed."

You always bring up that dumbass Bush when quoting me and I always respond by telling you that I no more cared for that idiot as I do for Obama, when is it going to sink in that my lips don't slurp on either "R" or "D" cock?:eusa_eh:

Its much easier to ignore Shaman than to question what motivates the moron.

With just over two years till the presidential elections, economic expansion and a strong job market is critical to Obama and the Democrats. Republicans are promising they will work for economic improvement if elected in the midterm. But is there any real incentive for them to do so? It would seem that they have reason to do the opposite. It is Obama, not congress that will be held responsible if in 2 years we have high unemployment.

Republicans know two things. "Deregulate" and "Cut taxes for the rich". That's it. That's all they know. You want to know what their policies are?

1. Deregulate clean air.

Yes, and they also live under bridges and eat children.

:lol:

From 1993 to 2001, there were tens of millions of jobs added in this nation. Good paying jobs. From 2001 to 2009, the jobs added did not even keep up with those graduating from high school and college.

Yet the dingbat Conservatives believe that this is a record to run on!

PLEASE don't Neg me, again, asshat,

but could you post some links to your statements?

Why fy, I only neg rep you when you make totally false statements without any kind of backup, or a backup that is egregiously wrong.

So here are some links for you;

http://budget.house.gov/doc-library/fy2009/7.31.08_Bush economic_ and fiscal_ record.pdf

We saw jobs created, 22 million in the Clinton years," said Brown, a Democrat who’s not up for reelection until 2012. "Because they were responsible about cutting taxes selectively and increasing taxes selectively and they were responsible about what government programs they formed and they dismantled. Twenty-two million jobs created and incomes went up in those eight years for the average American. And in the next eight years, the eight Bush years, only 3 million jobs created and that wasn`t even enough to keep up with population growth."

The quantitative claims seemed worth checking out, and in doing so we found a surprise: Brown is wrong – but not in a way he’ll likely mind. No fan of President George W. Bush, Brown grossly understated the poor job growth that occurred on Bush’s watch.

The comparison should have been this: Job growth through Clinton two terms was 22.7 million. Through Bush’s two terms, it was 1.1 million.

PolitiFact Ohio | Sherrod Brown touts job growth during Clinton presidency vs. Bush?s jobs record

1. Deregulate clean air.

Since the bastards are totally against medical care for children whose parents have no insurance, in a sense, you are correct.

Even if they do work at improving the economy, they still can't really have much effect without a veto-proof majority, and Obama is unlikely to work with them.
That being said, we have several factors working against us with improving the economy: increasing government regulation and control in private business, the health care legislation with increased burdens placed on employers, and the fact that we have stopped producing, moved many businesses to China, and have become largely a service provider nation. No matter who is in the WH or Congress in '10 and '12, we will still be facing the realities that our governmental system is no longer conducive to economic growth in the private sector, which is really the only growth that we need.

Since the bastards are totally against medical care for children whose parents have no insurance, in a sense, you are correct.

lol what ever. Most parents who have no insurance qualify for Medicare you boob. So their Kids already have coverage. There is also another program can't remember the name.

Claiming there are a bunch of kids who need insurance and Republicans are denying them that is a bold faced lie.

1. Deregulate clean air.

No, actually on the fair side, a flat tax across the board.

The Republicans have a can't miss plan to lower unemployment

Trickle Down

:disbelief:

Forum List

Back