Will Republicans Save Us?

Obama is continuing just about all of Bush's policies, so what are you talking about?

Such as?

- Iraq war
- Afghanistan war
- Patriot Act
- Torture
- Guantanamo Bay
- State secrets
- FISA
- Signing statements
- Bailouts/Stimulus package

That enough?

but it's different. you see, bush's policies drove us in to the ditch. obama's brought us out. muslims like us now, so gitmo's no longer an issue.

- Iraq war
- Afghanistan war
- Patriot Act
- Torture
- Guantanamo Bay
- State secrets
- FISA
- Signing statements
- Bailouts/Stimulus package

That enough?

but it's different. you see, bush's policies drove us in to the ditch. obama's brought us out. muslims like us now, so gitmo's no longer an issue.

Umm... What? That (D) really changes things, huh?

absolutely. what part of "my policies got us out of the ditch" don't you understand? the man went to harvard. he's brilliant. just read his TWO books.

Umm... What? That (D) really changes things, huh?

absolutely. what part of "my policies got us out of the ditch" don't you understand? the man went to harvard. he's brilliant. just read his TWO books.

Is this sarcasm?

All depends on how badly the Elitist Establishment RINOS sabotage the party in efforts to protect their personal power.

If man sacrifices their morality and principles to win an election, he has lost no matter the result.

You might want to tell the would-be Speaker that he (and the party) is behind Ryan's plan. Because, you know, he's not:

Representative John A. Boehner, Republican of Ohio, the minority leader, has praised Mr. Ryan but said the Roadmap would not be a part of the Republican agenda this fall.

“There are parts of it that are well done,” Mr. Boehner told reporters last month. “Other parts I have some doubts about, in terms of how good the policy is.”

Oops!

I do wish they would run on Ryan's roadmap. But the game plan thus far seems to be to run on...nothing.

Representative John A. Boehner, Republican of Ohio, the minority leader, has praised Mr. Ryan but said the Roadmap would not be a part of the Republican agenda this fall.

Exactly what I'm talking about Elitist Progressive RINOs sabotaging conservatives who will make a difference. thanks for pointing that out. Boner needs to be ousted.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Trusting the GOP is akin to trusting a fox to guard the hen house, I am for more fiscal conservatives who want lest government intervening;here and abroad; screw both Parties and that two party mindset!!

Will Republicans Save Us?

Sure, look at the detailed plan they releas--oh. Oh my.

"Rand's Plan" should be the Republican Plan, but it won't happen.

I will never, ever vote for a taxpayer bailout of a private industry. Whether it’s big banks, automakers, or any other industry — you succeed or fail on your own.

I will not vote for an unbalanced budget. I will not vote for a tax increase. Ever.

I will fight for new rules like a Balanced Budget Amendment and Term Limits.

I will not take ANYTHING off the table in the fight to balance the budget. Anyone who says something like they will “freeze non-defense discretionary spending” is blowing smoke at you and hoping you won’t notice. That would balance the budget — MAYBE — in about 80 years.

We have to keep our promises to seniors and keep our country strong, but every area has things that can be cut. Every agency has things that are duplicative or that could be done better or cheaper.

I will propose and force a vote on an Enumerated Powers Act, to force Congress to point to the part of the Constitution that justifies their bills.

I will fight for the Bill of Rights. Democrats often love the 4th amendment. Republicans the 2nd. I will fight for them all, which means fighting for your free speech, gun rights, and civil liberties. Laws that infringe on ANY of these make the federal government more powerful, and we cannot continue to allow that.

I will not allow our troops to be the world’s policeman, and I will force a vote on a Declaration of War if any President seeks to commit our military to battle.

Not your typical politician – Rand’s plan | Rand Paul 2010 | U.S. Senate

Keven, you gotta put small government/libertarian/constitutional ideas in little "sippy cups" now days, people like Ron and Rand scare the hell out of the ones who run the GOP/conservative movement.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Keven, you gotta put small government/libertarian/constitutional ideas in little "sippy cups" now days, people like Ron and Rand scare the hell out of the ones who run the GOP/conservative movement.
yes and no. It's the ghost of Lyndon LaRouche and the whacky Libertarian party that scares them. Many who want to vote for fiscal conservatism in the libertarian party get freaked by the social libertarianism that goes with it. We need Rand and Ron in the GOP as bridge builders and hopefully as an ultimate thrust to oust the country club elistist progressofascists hidden in the GOP and firmly ensconsed as 'moderate leadership'.

yes and no. It's the ghost of Lyndon LaRouche and the whacky Libertarian party that scares them. Many who want to vote for fiscal conservatism in the libertarian party get freaked by the social libertarianism that goes with it. We need Rand and Ron in the GOP as bridge builders and hopefully as an ultimate thrust to oust the country club elistist progressofascists hidden in the GOP and firmly ensconsed as 'moderate leadership'.

All most run of the mill Libertarians are, are "old right" conservatives in the same vein as Robert A. "Mr. Republican" Taft, Barry "Mr. Conservative" Goldwater and others, it's the word "conservative" whose definition has changed from Taft saying ...

"When I say liberty…I mean liberty of the individual to think his own thoughts and live his own life as he desires to think and live; the liberty of the family to decide how they wish to live, what they wanted to eat for breakfast and for dinner, and how they wish to spend their time; liberty of a man to develop his ideas and get other people to teach those ideas, if he can convince them that they have some value to the world…"

To Bush and Co. saying " We gotta abandon free markets to save free markets"

It's not our fault the definitions changed from more of a rugged individualist attitude to arguing over the amount of big government that is needed.

Political parties can't save us. Only God can.

We have to clean the the inner vessel before the outward one.

Agreed. The entire group of the elected officials AND the parties should be swept out of power and kept from doing anything more than voting for the next 25 years.

The population needs to be educated on their responsibilities as citizens to keep themselves informed.

We need better watchdogs of government, because the current media is concerned with only two things. Making money and keeping liberals in power.

Well, part of the problem is that so many people got the idea that it was the media that was supposed to be the watchdogs of the government, rather than the people themselves being the watchdogs of BOTH the government AND the media.

If a job is truly important, you're better off doing it yourself.

Democrat control of the White House, House of Representatives and the Senate has produced an unprecedented level of political brazenness and contempt for the limitations placed on the federal government by the U.S. Constitution. As such, it has raised a level of constitutional interest and anger against Washington's interference in our lives that has been dormant for far too long.

Part of this heightened interest and anger is seen in the strength of the tea party movement around the nation. Another is the angry reception that many congressmen receive when they return to their districts and at town hall meetings. According to the most recent Gallup poll, only 20 percent of Americans approve of the job Congress is doing, but that's up from a March 2010 low of 16 percent.

Will Republicans Save Us? by Walter E. Williams

I won't be holding my breath.

The guy is an idiot. There was absolutely nothing in his article about what the GOP would do. Same ol GOP gameplan... nothing!

Perhaps that's why the article was titled "Will the Republicans Save Us?" rather than "The Republicans Will Save Us!!!" And perhaps you could learn to read and figure out what the article is about before barging in here to denigrate it.

Yeah, WILLIAMS is the one who's the idiot. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back