Will Republicans just STOP trying to defend "losing arguments"?

bullshit Dean......they believe Civilization is 6 thousand years old.....i took a Religion class in College that had Christians of all sects Jews and few Muslims and others.....and no one thought the Earth was that old.....but some said that there are those in their sects who believe that since Civilization is that old....so is the Earth,but its a small minority and some very close minded people.....it was also discussed that one thousand years to us equals one day in "Gods" plane of existence....
Especially when one factors in time travel across space...
Since gravity warps spacetime. So when the Bible says that the world was created in 7 days... from who's reference frame are we considering?
God's I would suppose...

I had a chaplain years back who had it all worked out where one second of our time was equal to a thousand tears of Gods time (or something like that) He showed how evolution fit perfectly into his model.............. Interesting guy.......

Since gravity warps spacetime. So when the Bible says that the world was created in 7 days... from who's reference frame are we considering?

If God is omnipotent, could he not just 'hit fast forward' and then gone forward trillions of years from OUR reference frame while he went to get a beer and go to the bathroom till it was ready (theologically speaking of course).

Theoretically, God can do whatever he/she/it feels like. That's kind of the problem with religion.

Once you leave the realm of empirical evidence, you can justify anything. It's why the Flying Spaghetti Monster was created as a parody of religion.

The only difference between God and the FSM is that the former is much more popular than the latter. They have equal amounts of empirical evidence (as in, none).

Because religion is based purely on faith, it's not a good substitute for science. So far as we've seen in evidence, we have reason to believe that the world is much older than 10,000 years.

Now, it is quite possible that God started things billions of years ago, but it's not very likely that the process started only 10,000 years ago.

Right America: Feeling Wronged - Some Voices from the Campaign Trail - YouTube
SARAH PALIN BOOK SIGNING - Interviews with Supporters - YouTube

520.gif

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

529.gif
528.gif
Wonderful illustrations of the stupidity of the Right.

The right has to dig to find some dumb woman who says, "Obama is going to pay my gas bill".

But finding these types on the right? It's like 90% of the party.

You find some people that play dumb at a book signing and think that represents the right. I don't have to dig at all, I just point out the dumb things people who are elected to represent the left say.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNZczIgVXjg]3-25-2010_Hank_Johnson_Guam_Tip_Over.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

The right has to dig to find some dumb woman who says, "Obama is going to pay my gas bill".

You find some people that play dumb at a book signing and think that represents the right. I don't have to dig at all, I just point out the dumb things people who are elected to represent the left say.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNZczIgVXjg"]3-25-2010_Hank_Johnson_Guam_Tip_Over.wmv - YouTube[/ame]
:eusa_shhh::lol:

You forgot that the earth is only 6 thousand years old and the crazy beliefs of the "dominionists".

A very small minority in both camps, but you go with that.

You're wrong. A huge minority of the right believes that. In fact, it may even be a small majority.

Here we go again. How can you say things like that when Democrats are more likely to be Christians, and believe that Jesus will return by 2050, than Republicans?

I had a chaplain years back who had it all worked out where one second of our time was equal to a thousand tears of Gods time (or something like that) He showed how evolution fit perfectly into his model.............. Interesting guy.......
And there is theory that GOD isn't quite what we think he is...WE are left to visions of what was known at the time he was speaking to men that didn't know any better...since the tech and reason we have now wasn't around then...

You're wrong. A huge minority of the right believes that. In fact, it may even be a small majority.

bullshit Dean......they believe Civilization is 6 thousand years old.....i took a Religion class in College that had Christians of all sects Jews and few Muslims and others.....and no one thought the Earth was that old.....but some said that there are those in their sects who believe that since Civilization is that old....so is the Earth,but its a small minority and some very close minded people.....it was also discussed that one thousand years to us equals one day in "Gods" plane of existence....

7cif29obvuo4qpgmj_idsq.gif

Four in 10 Americans Believe in Strict Creationism

Harry, why do you make these claims when you know I'll go and look them up? You sit in front of the Internet. You could find out yourself. You do this over and over again. If you make a claim "PROVE IT". You can't debate if you can't back up your claims. You've done this again and again. Simply because you "imagine" something to be true doesn't make it true. Have you no shame?

Most of them are Democrats.

Harry, why do you make these claims when you know I'll go and look them up? You sit in front of the Internet. You could find out yourself. You do this over and over again. If you make a claim "PROVE IT". You can't debate if you can't back up your claims. You've done this again and again. Simply because you "imagine" something to be true doesn't make it true. Have you no shame?

Most of them are Democrats.
Go figure...but thier power is of more import than thier true beliefs?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNZczIgVXjg]3-25-2010_Hank_Johnson_Guam_Tip_Over.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

I've always wondered what he was high on...........

Dean your "Poll" has to do with "God" creating Mankind not how old the Earth is.....now are we talking the Age of the Earth or Mankind?......i was talking the Planet......maybe you should go back and read what the Conversation was about....Dudly Do right said that Christians believe the EARTH is 6 thousand years old.....RGS commented a small minority do......you said he was wrong......now perhaps Dean if your going to comment.....get your story right....

Hank Johnson is so fucking stupid, that clip brought tears to my eyes!!

Forum List

Back