Will Republicans ever learn? Indiana governor to sign bill allowing business not to serve gays

What I'm seeing here is hate filled bigots, spewing their vitriol against people who simply wish to conduct their lives and businesses according to their closely held religious beliefs. Your are the ones trying to force your value system on others and doing it in such a hateful way, I think it's inexcusable.

Remember the same values that give you the freedom to be you, also give me the freedom to be free from you. I see this as nothing more than atheist trying to further their persecution of people of faith, just another attempt by the left to destroy the 1st Amendment. The freedom to exercise one's religious beliefs as they see fit and the right of citizens to associate with the people they chose, are bedrock principles of this country that the left has been chipping away for decades. Now that the pendulum is swinging the other way you're having fits and calling names like spoiled little children.

And if businesses in Indiana openly or underhandedly maintain a position that they will not do business with gays, other people and other businesses will choose not to do business in Indiana

So those wishing to hold a convention will choose venues in other states. Sports leagues will choose other locations for major events

It works both ways

I understand it works both ways, it's your side that thinks it doesn't and wish to force your values on others. But as more and more states adopt similar laws to protect their religious majorities from state sponsored violations of the 1st Amendment, then people who agree with them will seek to do business with them. People are getting fed up with radical liberalism and radical atheist.

Making bigotry a religion is hardly what America is about.

Being a bigot is protected by the Bill of Rights. Furthermore, not wanting to deal with gay horseshit doesn't make you a bigot. It makes you normal.
Thank goodness for you and yours.

Liberty, the conservative watchword, always seems to get applied as a liberty to deny others rights.

Weird.
There is no right to be served by a business.

Yes there is. The Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Even Jan Brewer was able to figure out it was bad for business

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer vetoed a bill Wednesday that would have allowed businesses that asserted their religious beliefs the right to deny service to gay and lesbian customers.
The controversial measure faced a surge of opposition in recent days from large corporations and athletic organizations, including Delta Air Lines, the Super Bowl host committee and Major League Baseball

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer vetoes SB 1062 controversial anti-gay bill - CNN.com

It's already starting in Indiana:

Gen Con We ll Pull 50 Million Convention Out of Indiana if Pence Signs Anti-Gay Religious Freedom Bill Gay News Towleroad

Salesforce exec criticizes religious freedom bill

There is a legal right, but there is no right in the absolute sense. The public accommodations act violates the rights of businesses. Furthermore, it only protects based on race, religion and national origin.

The Second Amendment violates the rights of communities who would rather be gun-free.

They have no such right. Only individuals have rights. There are no group rights.
*cough *cough *corporations *cough *cough

Hopefully this will become reality also

Bill Would Return Prayer to Illinois Classrooms

School prayer would come to public classrooms in Illinois if some state lawmakers get their way.

Chicago area Reps. Mary Flowers and LaShawn Ford have joined other lawmakers in Springfield to sponsor a bill that would allow public school students to voluntarily pray at any time during the schoolday.

The bill -- HB0165 -- would amend the existing Silent Reflection and Student Prayer Act and would allow religious-based meetings.

If enacted, the bill would take effect immediately.

Bill Would Return Prayer to Illinois Classrooms NBC Chicago
That's cool...I know a really really good Pagan prayer to the Sun and the Seasons they can do.

And if businesses in Indiana openly or underhandedly maintain a position that they will not do business with gays, other people and other businesses will choose not to do business in Indiana

So those wishing to hold a convention will choose venues in other states. Sports leagues will choose other locations for major events

It works both ways

I understand it works both ways, it's your side that thinks it doesn't and wish to force your values on others. But as more and more states adopt similar laws to protect their religious majorities from state sponsored violations of the 1st Amendment, then people who agree with them will seek to do business with them. People are getting fed up with radical liberalism and radical atheist.

Actually, most Americans back gay rights and gay marriage

You are in the minority

And yes, we forced our values on the south when we ended segregation

Convenient how those poll are done, how many actually ask: Do you support forcing businesses to provide services they religiously object to?

You ask that question in one of your polls and get back to me on how I'm in the minority. Polls are designed to get a predetermined result most of the time just by the way they phrase their questions.

You mean a poll that asks should we go back to the pre Civil Rights......"We don't sereve n*ggers here"?

There ya go again, trying to compare the homo's situation to the black's plight. Not even comparable

We aren't comparing blacks to gays...we're comparing bigots to bigots.

Whenever there's a measure on the ballot against gay marriage the polls always show the public is against it, and then it passes by a wide margin. People lie to pollsters about the gay issue because they don't want people to think they are bigots.

Pssst...

The last 4 times SSCM marriage measures have appeared on a General Election Ballot - the SSCM side won.

And the two privious times before that were Prop 8 (California, 2008) and Question 1 (Maine, 2009) the ban measures were approximately 52.5%-47.5% which is by no means a "wide margin" since a change in the outcome only needs a 2.5% shift in the vote.

>>>>

Not according to Wiki. I suppose you have a reference you can post?

You are in the minority

Convenient how those poll are done, how many actually ask: Do you support forcing businesses to provide services they religiously object to?

You ask that question in one of your polls and get back to me on how I'm in the minority. Polls are designed to get a predetermined result most of the time just by the way they phrase their questions.

You mean a poll that asks should we go back to the pre Civil Rights......"We don't sereve n*ggers here"?

There ya go again, trying to compare the homo's situation to the black's plight. Not even comparable

That's funny when the majority of blacks in California voted in favor of Proposition #8.

Come on Republicans

I know you love to pander to your gay hating base. But are you ever going to learn?

Indiana Governor Mike Pence is ready to sign into law a bill allowing businesses to refuse service to gays for "religious reasons" . All this ten days before the NCAA Final Four comes to Indianapolis. So what was once an opportunity to show the country what a great location his state is for major events, now becomes a poster child for "We hate gays".
See how many Final Fours come back to Indianapolis. Superbowl? Forget it Mike

But at least you got to score points with your gay hating base

Republicans just can't help themselves.
Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers - CNN.com

The religious freedom law has absolutely nothing to do with gays any more than similar laws in 30 other states do.

A law professor's take on it:

I am a supporter of gay rights, including same-sex marriage. But as an informed legal scholar, I also support the proposed Indiana Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA). How can this be?

It's because — despite all the rhetoric — the bill has little to do with same-sex marriage and everything to do with religious freedom.

The bill would establish a general legal standard, the "compelling interest" test, for evaluating laws and governmental practices that impose substantial burdens on the exercise of religion. This same test already governs federal law under the federal RFRA, which was signed into law by President Bill Clinton. And some 30 states have adopted the same standard, either under state-law RFRAs or as a matter of state constitutional law.

Applying this test, a unanimous U.S. Supreme Court recently ruled that a Muslim prisoner was free to practice his faith by wearing a half-inch beard that posed no risk to prison security. Likewise, in a 2012 decision, a court ruled that the Pennsylvania RFRA protected the outreach ministry of a group of Philadelphia churches, ruling that the city could not bar them from feeding homeless individuals in the city parks. . . .
Law professor Why Indiana needs religious freedom legislation

It's because — despite all the rhetoric — the bill has little to do with same-sex marriage and everything to do with religious freedom.
I say.....bullshit

Prior to same sex marriages, we never had a need for such legislation. Indiana, seeing same sex marriage becoming the law of the land in June is trying to pre-empt the rights of gays to marry

I suspect the law will be narrowly enforced and that fundamentalist christians nt Muslims will be the prime beneficiaries

Well I'll leave it to you and the law professor to work out where the bullshit is.

You are in the minority

That's funny when the majority of blacks in California voted in favor of Proposition #8.
You have figures to back that up?

Let me help get you going.

How many blacks in California?
How many blacks are registered to vote in California?
How many blacks registered to vote actually voted in California?
How many blacks registered to vote in California voted yes on Prop H8?
And how do you know how black people voted?

What I'm seeing here is hate filled bigots, spewing their vitriol against people who simply wish to conduct their lives and businesses according to their closely held religious beliefs. Your are the ones trying to force your value system on others and doing it in such a hateful way, I think it's inexcusable.

Remember the same values that give you the freedom to be you, also give me the freedom to be free from you. I see this as nothing more than atheist trying to further their persecution of people of faith, just another attempt by the left to destroy the 1st Amendment. The freedom to exercise one's religious beliefs as they see fit and the right of citizens to associate with the people they chose, are bedrock principles of this country that the left has been chipping away for decades. Now that the pendulum is swinging the other way you're having fits and calling names like spoiled little children.

It works both ways

Being a bigot is protected by the Bill of Rights. Furthermore, not wanting to deal with gay horseshit doesn't make you a bigot. It makes you normal.

Yes, thanks that we're normal people who find the activities of homosexuals to be nauseating.

It works both ways

Yes, thanks that we're normal people who find the activities of homosexuals to be nauseating.
"Here's your sign."

California Proposition 8 2008 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The National Election Pool poll showed that support for Proposition 8 was strong amongst African American voters, interviewed in the exit poll with 70% in favor, more than any other racial group.[182] Their support was considered crucial to the proposition's passing, since African Americans made up an unusually larger percentage of voters that year, due to the presence of Barack Obama on the ballot.[183] Polls by both the Associated Press and CNN mirrored this data, reporting support among black voters to be at 70%[184] and 75%,[185]

Liberty, the conservative watchword, always seems to get applied as a liberty to deny others rights.

Weird.
In this case conservatives are at liberty to act on their unwarranted fear and hate ...

Recognizing natural law, such as human physiology... the reason for it and the dangers intrinsic to ignoring it, equates to neither fear, nor hate. It equates to a sound sense of reality.

The National Election Pool poll showed that support for Proposition 8 was strong amongst African American voters, interviewed in the exit poll with 70% in favor, more than any other racial group.[182] Their support was considered crucial to the proposition's passing, since African Americans made up an unusually larger percentage of voters that year, due to the presence of Barack Obama on the ballot.[183] Polls by both the Associated Press and CNN mirrored this data, reporting support among black voters to be at 70%[184] and 75%,[185]
You can answer my questions at any time.

Weird.
In this case conservatives are at liberty to act on their unwarranted fear and hate ...

Recognizing natural law, such as human physiology... the reason for it and the dangers intrinsic to ignoring it, equates to neither fear, nor hate. It equates to a sound sense of reality.
So...you are against cars, planes, glasses, hearing aids, medical operations (especially transplants), and anything else that goes against "natural law".

"Will Republicans ever learn? Indiana governor to sign bill allowing business not to serve gays"

Fascinatin'... So we now have Texas, Alabama and Indiana rejecting Federal Authority which requires them to accept deviant reasoning as sound reason.

Seems that someone is failing to learn, but it's not the Republicans.

In the Jim Crow south we had a lot more states defying federal authority.....didn't make it right

Again you turn to the prejudices relevant to race (skin color) are in ANYWAY judicious reason regarding deviant reasoning and the destructive behavior it produces.

We've heard everything you've had to say on it and we're no longer interested in your point of view.

You can answer my questions at any time.

I just did, dingbat. When are you going to answer some questions?

Weird.

So...you are against cars, planes, glasses, hearing aids, medical operations (especially transplants), and anything else that goes against "natural law".
MjAxMi1hYTY0ZWNmYTg2Yzg3M2M0.png

Forum List

Back