Will Republicans ever learn? Indiana governor to sign bill allowing business not to serve gays

So a Communist, who holds the same economics views as you, is "my boy?"

:rofl:

You're dumb as a dog turd, Tyrant.

^ Uncensored now feels a little bit smarter.

Everyone who has an exchange with you feels a little bit dumber afterwards. They also feel like they need to take a bath.

stop projecting, wackadoodle.

I feel sad for anyone who enjoys interacting with the mentally disturbed.

Now...that's an interesting concept. You feeling sorry for everyone who enjoys interacting with you.

ROFL!

Do you ever post any actual logic or facts to a thread, or are personal attacks all you can manage?

Yes.

Clinton shouldn't have signed it -- but even if he hadn't, it would have passed.

They had a veto-proof majority.
So? Clinton was against same sex marriage... he said so many times.

It was a different country 20 years ago

Very few, outside the gay community supported gay marriage

Ask Clinton what he thinks today? Ask Dick Cheney

I guess then I was among the very few.

I have never believed that gays should be denied the same rights as the rest of the population and have always supported gays right to be legally married.

I don't know anyone personally who doesn't share my belief. The only place I've ever encountered such bigotry is on line.

Do you actually think people who have a different opinion are going to tell you so you can harass them and tell everyone you know to ostracise them?

Just consider the hail of abuse I've been subjected to in this thread.

Libturds are a special kind of stupid.

You poor poor thing.

Listen to the homosexual who is constantly whining about how she's so mistreated because someone won't sell her a cake.

1082040758.jpeg

Only in what I'll call 'the mind' of a Conservative does eroding right amount to protecting rights. Only in that Conservative 'mind' does crushing civil liberties amount to expanding them.

How does discrimination equal a civil liberty?

The racists in the Jim Crow south made the exact same arguments. You're in company with your Conservative predecessors.

You have no right to be served by any business. No one does. The business owner has the right to associate with whomever he wishes, or to not associate with whomever he wishes. That's called "freedom of association." Somehow you feel that compelling him to associate with people he has no desire to associate with increases rights. It takes a special kind of stupid to swallow that idea.
So...why be a coward about putting a "I don't serve.........." in a prominent place at your business entrance?

You know why, you stupid slut. That's like putting a target on your business so sleazy operators like you can attack it.

In other words, you want them to be able to keep their dirty little secrets and humiliate unknowing patrons publically. Sweet.

Where do you get the idea that you're entitled to know everything you want to know about a business? Should we put everyone on a polygraph and force them to testify about their sexual orientation?

You homosexual lovers act exactly like goose stepping Nazis.

Sounds like a strawman you're building.

If a restaurant doesn't allow small children say - they post a sign. If they insist patrons must wear a shirt and shoes - they post a sign. If a place does not allow dogs - they post a sign.

But if they don't serve gays - they don't post a sign.

Go figure :dunno:

Wonderful. The no Jews or Christians gas station is in business. Have fun kiddos.

BTW, if you don't serve faggots and others, expect to have your business tagged, because it soon will be.

Indiana General Assembly 2015 Session

Religion is protected. So are women, and races......but not gays.......yet.

Here's the issue I have:

I see how gay people want more than just the right to marry, some of them insist on having more rights than everyone else. I support treating them equally, not preferentially.

If I was gay I would want to know where I am not wanted.Only a fool would run their business that way but world is full of dumbasses. We are in a shooting war where folks are chopping heads for sport because their book tells them to and clowns over here want to treat gay folks as scum and 2nd class citizens because their book tells them to.

You have no right to be served by any business. No one does. The business owner has the right to associate with whomever he wishes, or to not associate with whomever he wishes. That's called "freedom of association." Somehow you feel that compelling him to associate with people he has no desire to associate with increases rights. It takes a special kind of stupid to swallow that idea.
So...why be a coward about putting a "I don't serve.........." in a prominent place at your business entrance?

You know why, you stupid slut. That's like putting a target on your business so sleazy operators like you can attack it.

In other words, you want them to be able to keep their dirty little secrets and humiliate unknowing patrons publically. Sweet.

Where do you get the idea that you're entitled to know everything you want to know about a business? Should we put everyone on a polygraph and force them to testify about their sexual orientation?

If a restaurant doesn't allow small children say - they post a sign. If they insist patrons must wear a shirt and shoes - they post a sign. If a place does not allow dogs - they post a sign.

If they don't allow small children, they aren't going to be assaulted and picketed by swarms of angry homosexuals. Most people are civil, but not homosexuals. We have firmly established that fact in this very thread.

I just ran across this: thought I'd share. sometimes I wonder.....:badgrin:
they overreact to the littlest things in life

Really a stupid sign, no wonder Stephanie feels it's worth posting. First of all, if we do not encourage 'fixing' are pets, more pets will be euthanized and without liberals Stepanie wouldn't have the vote (that would be a good thing, but only for her, simply because she votes by rote).

Sort of like when a Troll uses the word Troll as a pejorative LOL

Son, you are the troll. I mean seriously. Have you ever once even tried to honestly answer a question someone has asked you in a thread?
No, I'm not "the troll." Yes, I honestly answer questions all the time. Not every time, but most of the time.

No you don't , I've never seen you respond to a factual point that counters your opinion. Other than to dismiss it.

Which is a shame, because I think you're a smart guy, bu that type of "debating" is pathetic and dishonest.
Then you have a "selective memory." For example, I have clearly stated, numerous times, that my view on this very topic has shifted from being dead set against laws that defend gay marriage as a right and defend the right to restrict public access based on race and sexual orientation, to being dead set against laws that protect the right to prohibit gay marriage and also dead set against the right to restrict civil rights of the public to access public facilities and public markets.

You're just pissed that I don't agree with you on three main topics regarding liberty. I'm a proponent of liberty, as you are, but you are authoritarian, where I'm libertarian. So when the issue of liberty is one in which you agree... all is good, but if it's a liberty that you disagree with then I'm trolling you. While I understand why you disagree... I'm telling you, I'm being perfectly consistent wrt. my views on liberty. It's not a troll, it's my perspective.

No, actually Mike I don't pick my "friends" based on whether I agree with them or not. Nor am I pissed at you. You convinced e you are nothing but a troll in the Mike Brown threads.

Oh and I'm the authoritarian? I'm the "libertarian" here, I believe gays should be allowed to marry and businesses should be allowed to discriminate. It is YOU who wants the government to tell people they have to be nice to people they don't like.
I don't think I've started a Mike Brown thread yet. Well other than the hello thread you are encouraged to start when you join.

I'm not saying I've never trolled someone. I think everyone does it a bit from time to time. Maybe that's a projection...

Ok. On the issue of business discrimination. Let's be clear we are only talking about "public" sales to the "public" correct? If there is no agreement on the scope of the conversation then we have a terminology problem. Like it or not the federal government has distinguished between public market and private market. Yes?

So thus I assume you are saying "businesses" should be able to sell to the "public" in the public market place, while still discriminating. Yes?

Are you including businesses that are owned privately and publicly traded companies? It may or may not matter to you.

I put it to you that if the businesses can discriminate who they sell to, then in fact certain population groups can be legally harmed. For example, if a large percentage of the population decide they don't like at least one of jew, gays, blacks, iranians, islamics, christians, democrats, ex MPs, etc.... then the population who own monopolies on production and supply can quickly eliminate that group's access to work, goods, and services that are necessary to live in a modern country.

Who is being "harmed" the most, is my measure when it comes to issues where someone's liberty is being picked over someone else's liberty. For example, in this case you are arguing the liberty to harm others by discriminating against them is more important to protect than the liberty to purchase for public sale products by people of any sexual orientation.

How about just a sign that says, no signs please. If you're gay, straight, black, white, religious, Atheist, white supremacist, opera singer, anti-defamation league, accordian player, etc., leave your sign at home please and come in and have lunch.

So a member of the KKK can come in and have lunch. But if he wants me to cater the KKK convention next month, no. I'm not going to do it and I don't want my government forcing me to do so. I won't interfere in any way with his right to have his convention. And he won't interfere in any way with my right not to participate in it.

If they don't allow small children, they aren't going to be assaulted and picketed by swarms of angry homosexuals. Most people are civil, but not homosexuals. We have firmly established that fact in this very thread.

You've never seen angry mobs of mothers who feel their little darlings belong everywhere.

Everyone - let's get back on topic please.

When have the homosexuals posted anything other than personal attacks?

I don't know the sexual preference of anyone posting on this thread, why do you think you do?

In my opinion, those who are the most homophobic engaged in homosexual activity at least once in their life, and enjoyed it; but because they have been convinced such behaviors are wrong, they are in a state of having inconsistent thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes. They feel the need to express their anger or disgust of such behaviors to protect themselves from past behavioral decisions; thus their ego attempts to mediate between the Id and Reality.

Be honest bripat, tell your therapist about your life experiences, the truth will set you free.

Some Conservatives sure do not understand what Liberty means!

Hold it.

Not even you know what "true liberty means." Why else are we having this discussion?
I know what Liberty does not mean. Had you not cleverly edited my post, you too would agree that there is no place in a free society for the concept of branding what some, not all, people view as undesirables

Clinton was an idiot

At the time, nobody envisioned that gay marriage would be actively pursued. But Republicans were afraid of it

Bad legislation any way you look at it
Yes.

Clinton shouldn't have signed it -- but even if he hadn't, it would have passed.

They had a veto-proof majority.

I have never believed that gays should be denied the same rights as the rest of the population and have always supported gays right to be legally married.

I don't know anyone personally who doesn't share my belief. The only place I've ever encountered such bigotry is on line.
You must be pretty young.

No I'm not young anymore. I was at one time.

Eisenhower was president when I was born.

I happen to live in a state that has a large majority of liberal and moderate people.

I personally don't come across many conservatives here. There just aren't many of them.

The east side of the state used to be very conservative but even that's changing.

My state is one of the Blue Wall states. We haven't had a gop governor in over 30 years. All major public offices here are held by democrats and most mayors are democrats. Our state's electoral votes haven't gone to a republican in over 30 years.

Everyone who represents me on both state and federal level are democrats/liberals.

Do you actually think people who have a different opinion are going to tell you so you can harass them and tell everyone you know to ostracise them?

Just consider the hail of abuse I've been subjected to in this thread.

Libturds are a special kind of stupid.

You poor poor thing.

Listen to the homosexual who is constantly whining about how she's so mistreated because someone won't sell her a cake.

1082040758.jpeg
Odd...I've never had someone not sell me a cake. However, you sure cry about how we are so mean to you.

Forum List

Back