Will Repub party survive immigration reform?

the last straw dor non-setabl conservatives?

• of course they'll go along like they always have :)

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • if amnesty is involved? get outta here :rolleyes:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (explain) :eusa_whistle:

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
The Repub party is already divided from the factions, like libertarians and extreme Righties, who are rightly upset about how the Repub Establishment strong armed them :talktothehand: during the last presidential convention.

Immigration Reform Plan Splits GOP Down National-Local Line
"Republicans need to solve this issue, politically, if they wish to win national elections, and they know it," said Texas-based GOP consultant Matt Mackowiak.
A) Will the Repubs working together on immigration reform force anti-establishment conservatives to abandon the Republican party/brand?

2) If they do, will the Repubs then become a permanent minority party?

iii) Will the people who jump ship, outnumber the Establishment Repubs and the Establishment Repubs will then have to come to them, hat in hand, asking to become members of their new party?

discuss...

Last edited:
Will the democrats?

Or will the immigrants find that their own people will be better for them than the stupid Americans?

This is the CDZ Katz. Bring links to back-up your statements and speak English. I can't decipher what you wrote up there. :eusa_eh:

A) Will the Repubs working together on immigration reform force anti-establishment conservatives to abandon the Republican party/brand?
The "anti-establishment conservatives" already control the local and state party apparatus in many states and I do not think they will be pushed around on any issue by the Congressional Republican leadership. If anybody jumps ship, my money is on the pragmatists.

2) If they do, will the Repubs then become a permanent minority party?
The Republican Party is headed toward permanent minority status on a broad range of issues. As long as Republicans can be primaried on any one of a half-dozen issues (abortion, military spending, foreign policy, judicial appointments, gun control, immigration, etc) I don't see it having the capacity to win national elections.

iii) Will the people who jump ship, outnumber the Establishment Repubs and the Establishment Repubs will then have to come to them, hat in hand, asking to become members of their new party?
If the Republican Party fragments, it will be on issue lines. One group will have the money and be pro-very big business. Another will have the grass roots apparatus and be able to deliver the political ground game, and will have a strong position on social issues. Libertarians form a third group. The question is can they negotiate a platform that all of them will support. I think probably not.

I believe this new breed of republicans should immigrate out of the country to Iraq,Afghanistan and border town Mexico.

the Primary is locked-up for incumbents in @ 75% of congressional races so that prolly isn't very important at the moment. The more extreme a repub legislator is, the less chance he'll have a primary challenge. Look at the Repub in Arizona who got primaried-out in 2010. That seat was safe and the more extreme guy who beat him lost to a Democrat in the General.

Last edited:
I believe this new breed of republicans should immigrate out of the country to Iraq,Afghanistan and border town Mexico.

"new breed of republican"? Who is that?

Rt Wing Libertarian Neocon Fundamentalist Tea Party for Economic Terrorism posing as republicans who by covert measures took over the party yet retained the name.

In reality the GOP is dead.

"new breed of republican"? Who is that?

Rt Wing Libertarian Neocon Fundamentalist Tea Party for Economic Terrorism posing as republicans who by covert measures took over the party yet retained the name.

In reality the GOP is dead.

oh :p THOSE Republicans. I think many were sincere in the beginning until Washington repub lobbyists volunteered to do their accounting for them. Then they just became tools for the Establishment as long as they remained aligned w/ astroturf groups.

New Topics

Forum List

Back