Will Repub Govs Walk the Talk?

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
I like Charlie Crist and Arnie more. They are willing to forget party lines to help their constituents. Here is what Mississippi Gov said:

"There is some (stimulus money) we will not take in Mississippi. If we were to take the unemployment insurance reform package that they have, it would cause us to raise taxes on employment when the money runs out, and the money will run out in a couple of years," said Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour on CNN's "State of the Union."

"Then we'll have to raise the unemployment insurance tax, which is literally a tax on employment. I mean, we want more jobs. You don't get more jobs by putting an extra tax on creating jobs," Barbour said.

So let's let them get nothing now when the money for unemployement runs out because in two years this might happen.

I will bet none of them refuse the money. Not if they want to be re-elected.:eusa_whistle:

And let's not forget, you're a racist too if you turn down the "stimulus" money ...... :rolleyes:

I like Charlie Crist and Arnie more. They are willing to forget party lines to help their constituents. Here is what Mississippi Gov said:

"There is some (stimulus money) we will not take in Mississippi. If we were to take the unemployment insurance reform package that they have, it would cause us to raise taxes on employment when the money runs out, and the money will run out in a couple of years," said Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour on CNN's "State of the Union."

"Then we'll have to raise the unemployment insurance tax, which is literally a tax on employment. I mean, we want more jobs. You don't get more jobs by putting an extra tax on creating jobs," Barbour said.

So let's let them get nothing now when the money for unemployement runs out because in two years this might happen.

I will bet none of them refuse the money. Not if they want to be re-elected.:eusa_whistle:

I would be all for their state not taking the money... as long as the people of that state didn't have to pay the extra taxes to pay for the stimulus.... In fact I bet every state would like to be in the position... but I don't think they are going to get away with that...

It nothing but a political ploy both for Dems to suggest this, and for some Republicans to consider it. The money will be spent regardless of what some Republican Governor does. Also if the State Legistator wants to they can over rule the governor.

No it is stupid to suggest Republicans should opt out of this. Not only will they pay higher taxes down the road to pay for it, but they will also suffer along with us all from the ill effects of this spending. Not to mention that Those states all have Minorities of Democrats living in them.

Nothing but a silly political game on both sides.

Forum List

Back