Will religious "restoration" laws have some ugly unintended consequences?

Obviously you lefties forgot...this was signed into law by Bill ( the serial sexual predator) back in the 90s and passed unanimously in the senate in legislation created by Orrin Hatch and ted ( remember Mary Joe) Kennedy...in reaction to a Native American who lost his job because he used peyote in a religious ceremony....

You're an idiot. I'm not a leftist, I'm a conservative, moron. I don't care who passed what bill, it doesn't change the fact that the government has no place weighing and measuring people's religious beliefs. Statist asshats like you are ruining this country.
Pity we're all not pragmatists, and pursue facts rather than subjective political dogma.

And it is a fact that 'religious restoration' laws are unnecessary and inane, that courts will indeed be compelled to decide what is a 'real' religion and what is not, and what is 'real' religious doctrine and what is not. People can claim all manner of 'religious exemptions' to avoid complying with just, necessary, and proper laws.

It is not the role of the courts to decide what is a 'true religion.'
But it is the court's role to decide what true marriage is. And a bunch of other things liberal weenies have rushed to have adjudicated in courts rather than by vote.
We don't have mob rule here. The rights of others aren't up for a vote, and never should have been.

Obviously you lefties forgot...this was signed into law by Bill ( the serial sexual predator) back in the 90s and passed unanimously in the senate in legislation created by Orrin Hatch and ted ( remember Mary Joe) Kennedy...in reaction to a Native American who lost his job because he used peyote in a religious ceremony....

You're an idiot. I'm not a leftist, I'm a conservative, moron. I don't care who passed what bill, it doesn't change the fact that the government has no place weighing and measuring people's religious beliefs. Statist asshats like you are ruining this country.
Pity we're all not pragmatists, and pursue facts rather than subjective political dogma.

And it is a fact that 'religious restoration' laws are unnecessary and inane, that courts will indeed be compelled to decide what is a 'real' religion and what is not, and what is 'real' religious doctrine and what is not. People can claim all manner of 'religious exemptions' to avoid complying with just, necessary, and proper laws.

But it is the court's role to decide what true marriage is. And a bunch of other things liberal weenies have rushed to have adjudicated in courts rather than by vote.
We don't have mob rule here. The rights of others aren't up for a vote, and never should have been.

Then how are they decided? As the founders said they are inherent and given by God?

You think homosexual marriage is a right, I don't, who decides?

Yes....and neither are the religious freedoms of people...yet you guys just walk right past that when it comes to the gay fascists destroying religious people they disagree with.....

Bullshit.
Rights of gun owners are obviously up for a vote.

Then how are they decided? As the founders said they are inherent and given by God?

You think homosexual marriage is a right, I don't, who decides?
The Founders didn't say that in the Constitution, and the "All men are created equal" part wasn't exactly true then now was it? As for who decides, the courts, obviously, who eventually see the obvious, equality before the law is a good thing. Since the case at hand is about a contract for two adults, it is now being recognized as a contract for any two adults, as it should be.

Bullshit.
Not By The People, and all rights have limitations. If the government, that gave you the right in the first place, restricts it, you'll just have to deal with that.

The no Jews or Christians gas station is open for business. Enjoy.

Oh, and very soon everyone will know who you do and do not service. Be careful what you wish for because buying from bigots is not good business these days.

So you don't trust free people to do the right thing

But when people join government and they make decisions over other people's lives to be enforced with guns, then you do trust them to do that right

:wtf:

Didn't think that one through, did you, Skippy?

Yes....and neither are the religious freedoms of people...yet you guys just walk right past that when it comes to the gay fascists destroying religious people they disagree with.....
The times change, the requirements for businesses change. The guy who didn't want ******* at his hotel, eventually sold it after they were allowed in. That's the way the wedding cake crumbles: http://www.atlantatimemachine.com/downtown/heartofatl.htm

The times change, the requirements for businesses change. The guy who didn't want ******* at his hotel, eventually sold it after they were allowed in. That's the way the wedding cake crumbles: http://www.atlantatimemachine.com/downtown/heartofatl.htm

We were formed as a liberal nation, take your authoritarian leftist anti-liberty ideas to China or North Korea, they still see it your way

Nope. Humans are disease. Case in point: Tragedy of the commons - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

That's why you're an authoritarian leftist and I'm a liberal, I do trust free people.

Also, you cut the key part. Here it is again.

kaz said:
But when people join government and they make decisions over other people's lives to be enforced with guns, then you do trust them to do that right

We were formed as a liberal nation, take your authoritarian leftist anti-liberty ideas to China or North Korea, they still see it your way
PA laws allow everyone to gas up the car and get on with their day, without having to worry about if the gas station takes their kind. In a world of our complexity that is a perfectly reasonable accommodation, which is why you don't understand it, it's reasonable while you are not.

Nope. Humans are disease. Case in point: Tragedy of the commons - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

That's why you're an authoritarian leftist and I'm a liberal, I do trust free people.

kaz said:

I am a realist and a liberal. Don't trust humans to do the right things, they won't. Hence, we pass laws to fix what they won't do on their own.
james_madison_if_men_were_angels_no_govt_would_be_postcard-rdda46fb1d9f2465ba957994478ebe3b6_vgbaq_8byvr_512.jpg

Last edited:
Will it? Nah. What could possibly go wrong? Religion's great. Nothing better for children than being close with their priests...:) Not like anyone'd think of using a religious freedom law to enable their cult to do things.

PA laws allow everyone to gas up the car and get on with their day, without having to worry about if the gas station takes their kind. In a world of our complexity that is a perfectly reasonable accommodation, which is why you don't understand it, it's reasonable while you are not.

The greatest discriminator is government. Even in the deep south in the 50s, government had to act because people didn't want to discriminate against paying customers.

That's why finding one baker who didn't want to bake a cake for gays was so hard to find for the left.

You can trust people making their own choices, you can't trust people making choices for others. You would know that if you were a liberal like me

I am a realist and a liberal. Don't trust humans to do the right things, they won't. Hence, we pass laws to fix what they won't do on their own.

LOL, you follow your statement you are a liberal with proof that you are not

Bullshit.
Not By The People, and all rights have limitations. If the government, that gave you the right in the first place, restricts it, you'll just have to deal with that.
Of course by the people. So fi rights have limitations then marriage has limitations too, right? And we can limit it to men and women.
Government never gave me a right. It only protects what I have.
You're not real bright, eh?

kaz said:

Bullshit.
Of course by the people. So fi rights have limitations then marriage has limitations too, right? And we can limit it to men and women.
Government never gave me a right. It only protects what I have.
You're not real bright, eh?
And just where do you think your rights came from, God?

As for the limitations on rights, if a good argument can be made for the limitation then they can be limited. If one cannot, then they aren't or the limitation falls away, as in the case of gay marriage where no compelling state interest can be found to limit it to just one man and one woman.

And just where do you think your rights came from, God?

Exactly. Government is a vehicle implemented by man to protect them. Rights do not come from government. The police do not give you rights, they protect them. If you use a gun to defend your home, the gun did not give you the right to protect your home, it was a vehicle to accomplish the task. The military the same. The idea that rights come from government is frankly sick. And again, proof you are no liberal, I am. Sorry Charlie, but only good tasting tuna get to be Starkist.

As for the limitations on rights, if a good argument can be made for the limitation then they can be limited. If one cannot, then they aren't or the limitation falls away, as in the case of gay marriage where no compelling state interest can be found to limit it to just one man and one woman.

Yes, it is all about what is in the interest of the State to you, isn't it? I don't give a shit what is interest of the State, I give a shit about what is in the interest of the people. But then I am a liberal and you are an authoritarian leftists, so that is to be expected

Forum List

Back