Will Religious Extremists Destroy American Government?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Many religious radicals within the GOP are trying to do exactly that. Many of them also refuse to recognize and accept the fact that the founding fathers gave us a Godless Constitution. Here are a few links that support my concerns:

Christian Jihad? Why We Should Worry About Right-Wing Terror Attacks Like Norway's in the US

Why the Christian Right Becomes More Extreme As America Grows More Tolerant

What Norway's Terrorist Has in Common With the American Tea Party and Right Wing

Theocracy Watch: Taking Over the Republican Party

Scary stuff...

Last edited:
They are sure trying. They won't give up soon. We must be vigilant.

Many religious radicals within the GOP are trying to do exactly that. Many of them also refuse to recognize and accept the fact that the founding fathers gave us a Godless Constitution.

This dos not mean they left us with a Godless nation. Get over it.

They left us with a Godless government!!!!!

No they didn't. They left us a government protected from the interference of religion as much as they left us with religion protected from the interference of government.

Many religious radicals within the GOP are trying to do exactly that. Many of them also refuse to recognize and accept the fact that the founding fathers gave us a Godless Constitution. Here are a few links that support my concerns:

Christian Jihad? Why We Should Worry About Right-Wing Terror Attacks Like Norway's in the US

Why the Christian Right Becomes More Extreme As America Grows More Tolerant

What Norway's Terrorist Has in Common With the American Tea Party and Right Wing

Theocracy Watch: Taking Over the Republican Party

Scary stuff...

I have just witnessed what the alternate reality is. LMAO

Take away freedom, you get resistance. That hasnt a damn thing to do with religion.

But in case this falls on deaf ears. BE VERY AFRAID.

You know what the sad thing is?

The idea of a Christian Jihad is totally against what Christ taught. The idea of Capitalism is totally against what Christ taught. The idea of judgmentalism is totally against what Christ taught.

What I see from the religious right are immature Christians.... Not Immature as in "childish"... even though they certainly act that way... But immature in their faith. They think they need to legislate their religion and force the public to bow to their way of thinking. Which is also against what Christ taught.

It saddens me when I see things like this happening. Christ wouldn't have went to war with Islam... he would have been a peacemaker and tried to convert them with love.... not hate. Even if hate was shown to him. What were his last words? "Father, forgive them... for they know not what they do". Even on his deathbed.. suffering horribly... he preached forgiveness.

If we are to be Christ-like... we should be embracing that side of Christ... not condemning people to hell for every rule in the bible. There is no sin that is unforgivable. The judgmental Religious right appear to be weak in faith, weak of mind and strong of opinion.

Just a take from a different type of Christian.

The religious right is what drove Goldwater away from the Republican party.

""There is no position on which people are so immovable as their religious beliefs. There is no more powerful ally one can claim in a debate than Jesus Christ, or God, or Allah, or whatever one calls this supreme being. But like any powerful weapon, the use of God's name on one's behalf should be used sparingly. The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom. They are trying to force government leaders into following their position 100 percent. If you disagree with these religious groups on a particular moral issue, they complain, they threaten you with a loss of money or votes or both. I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in 'A,' 'B,' 'C,' and 'D.' Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me? And I am even more angry as a legislator who must endure the threats of every religious group who thinks it has some God-granted right to control my vote on every roll call in the Senate. I am warning them today: I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of 'conservatism.' "

~(1909-1998) US Senator (R-Arizona) Source: Congressional Record, September 16, 1981

They left us a government protected from the interference of religion as much as they left us with religion protected from the interference of government.

Unfortunately the religious right and social conservatives don’t agree with the former.

We have a republican presidential candidate stating the doctrine of separation of church and State is a ‘myth,’ yet another GOP candidate who says Muslims will be barred from working in his administration, and yet another who advocates that "Intelligent Design is a legitimate scientific theory that should be taught in science classes.”

If we have main-stream party presidential candidates advocating such extreme and un-Constitutional positions – and a significant number of people who support these candidates and these same extreme positions – then the argument can be well-made that there is indeed a threat from religious extremists.

No. In fact, those religious extremists will save this nation.

Something you probably wont appreciate.

The 'religious extremists' are only 'extreme' because the rest of the world has moved away from old religion. They aren't getting more extreme - they're just true to what they think is their religion.

The 'religious extremists' are only 'extreme' because the rest of the world has moved away from old religion. They aren't getting more extreme - they're just true to what they think is their religion.

There is nothing extreme about starting a religion via someone who was about to kill his son to show his love of God?

There is nothing extreme about drowning all of mankind except 8 people on boat, razing cities, and ordering the killing of suckling and infant, man and woman, ox and sheep?

No wonder Thomas Paine wrote the Age of Reason: to highlight and expose religious fanaticism and ludicrously. However, people, like yourself, think that there is nothing extreme about Abrahamic religions, people are simply moving away from it....fucking classic.

buchanan.jpg

Pat Buchanan: Norwegian Right-Wing Terrorist ‘Breivik May Be Right’

thinkprogress.

that fine upstanding WEBSITE.

A propaganda arm of the Democrat- Progressive party and they have their little army of sheep who spread it..:lol::lol:

Scary stuff...

I'm a Christian. I am also an American.
When it comes to picking a church, I want to hear what a pastor has to say about God and if he talks to me about political issues, I'm probably going somewhere else.
When it comes to picking a candidate, I want to hear what he has to say about the political issues and if he starts asking for my vote based on God, I'm probably going somewhere else.
I guess I'm a tad on the anti-authoritarian / manipulation side... :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back