Will Rand Paul's Isis Policy Help Him Beat Hillary In 2016?

Will Rand Paul's ISIS Policy Help Him Beat Hillary in 2016? Who would you vote for in 2016?

• Senator Rand Paul (R)

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Former Sec. State Hillary Clinton (D)

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Both are equally awful. Third party or not voting.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MisterBeale

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2012
I never create threads, but I thought I might, because I was curious about the opinion of many dyed in the wool Republicans. They are obviously war hawks and interventionists, and I was wondering if they would vote for Hillary, if the alternative meant withdrawing from the middle east.

I don't have a TV and I'm not much into listening and reading MSM. So, I don't really know if this particular Senator is getting any air play. I can't imagine the media elites would let his common sense approach be heard much. Not only that, I don't particularly trust him either. He says one thing, but like Obama, who knows if he has any integrity. Just because his father proved to have a little bit of integrity, doesn't mean that he will do what he says he is going to do.

I dislike the journalist I snagged this from, but he raises an interesting hypothetical question.

If the Democrats put up a War candidate, which they surely will, might not the Republicans put up an anti-war candidate to win the election? We all know the nation's budget and population can not handle a drawn out war. Will the Republicans be the only sensible party in 2016?

Republican Senator Rand Paul a “Voice of Reason” on ISIS in Comparison to Hillary Clinton
Republican Senator Rand Paul a 8220 Voice of Reason 8221 on ISIS in Comparison to Hillary Clinton Global Research
Former MSNBC host Uygur, who left the network after being told he was too combative towards “those in power,” is host of the Young Turks, a liberal-leaning YouTube channel that has received over 2 billion views.

Noting that Paul was a “voice of reason” on the issue of ISIS, Uygur said that the Kentucky Senator’s opposition to bombing Syria, arming so-called moderate rebels and intervening in the region stood in stark contrast to Hillary Clinton “beating the war drums” in line with establishment Republicans.

During an appearance on CBS’ This Morningyesterday, Paul noted that the rebels Obama plans to arm just signed a non-aggression pact with ISIS. As we documented, FSA militants have also defected to, fought alongside and handed weapons to ISIS in numerous different instances.

Underscoring that the bombing of Iraq and subsequent interventions in the middle east led to the rise of ISIS, Uygur slammed Clinton’s foreign policy as, “let’s keep doing the same stupid shit that we were doing before that you hated before campaign,” while predicting that Paul would beat Clinton in a presidential run off.

Since Rand Paul's ISIS policy is to vote for Obama's plan, what exactly is the difference?

wqv5sy.jpg

Since Rand Paul's ISIS policy is to vote for Obama's plan, what exactly is the difference?

Ah, I found the source of the misunderstanding. His position either seems to have evolved, or he is speaking to different interest groups saying different things. Like I said before, I'm not really sure I entirely trust him. In fact, I don't. :doubt:

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) has emerged as a leading potential 2016 presidential candidate after years building a brand as a conservative with a libertarian bent who often breaks from his fellow Republicans to criticize foreign military action. However, the rise of the jihadist group Islamic State (also known as ISIS or ISIL) has left Paul scrambling to simultaneously express support for military action against the group while also trying to maintain his libertarian credentials and criticize President Barack Obama, who has launched strikes on ISIS.

Juggling these three messages has led to Paul making a series of seemingly contradictory statements have drawn attacks from his critics on both sides of the aisle.

ISIS Has Put Rand Paul In A Very Difficult Position - Business Insider

So once again, it looks like a choice between two evils.

Ah, I found the source of the misunderstanding. His position either seems to have evolved, or he is speaking to different interest groups saying different things. Like I said before, I'm not really sure I entirely trust him. In fact, I don't. :doubt:

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) has emerged as a leading potential 2016 presidential candidate after years building a brand as a conservative with a libertarian bent who often breaks from his fellow Republicans to criticize foreign military action. However, the rise of the jihadist group Islamic State (also known as ISIS or ISIL) has left Paul scrambling to simultaneously express support for military action against the group while also trying to maintain his libertarian credentials and criticize President Barack Obama, who has launched strikes on ISIS.

Juggling these three messages has led to Paul making a series of seemingly contradictory statements have drawn attacks from his critics on both sides of the aisle.

The problem with Rand is that when he addresses Hillary he does so from a more non-interventionist position, but then he turns around and votes like a hawk to appease the neoconservative elements in the Republican Party.

This is an interesting parallel.
EconomicPolicyJournal.com Ron Paul on Rand Paul s ISIS Views

The problem with Rand is that when he addresses Hillary he does so from a more non-interventionist position, but then he turns around and votes like a hawk to appease the neoconservative elements in the Republican Party.

So, we will be stuck in a quagmire. The nation will be engaged. Not only in nation building, but in restructuring the entire middle east. Hillary, of course, will be a proponent of this. Working towards deposing Assad, and creating The New Middle East Project.
brzezinski The New Middle East Project

The%20Project%20for%20the%20New%20Middle%20East.jpg

The question remains, what about Rand. Is he the same sort of Globalist? Is he on board with not just nation building, but reshaping the entire middle east? Needless to say, that will take a lot more blood and treasure than just rooting out a few thugs.

Rand will pander to his base to win the nomination, but I would still vote for him over Clinton.

One of many of Paul's problems is he promotes free market which any intelligent person knows doesn't exist.

So, we will be stuck in a quagmire. The nation will be engaged. Not only in nation building, but in restructuring the entire middle east. Hillary, of course, will be a proponent of this. Working towards deposing Assad, and creating The New Middle East Project.
brzezinski The New Middle East Project

The%20Project%20for%20the%20New%20Middle%20East.jpg

The question remains, what about Rand. Is he the same sort of Globalist? Is he on board with not just nation building, but reshaping the entire middle east? Needless to say, that will take a lot more blood and treasure than just rooting out a few thugs.
It's hard to know what Rand would actually do, since he's seemingly willing to say or vote for anything in his quest for the Presidency.

One of many of Paul's problems is he promotes free market which any intelligent person knows doesn't exist.
Well, I guess intelligent people should probably do something about that, shouldn't we?

I guess the corrupt, greedy, and misguided have too much control, don't they?

"Even those of us who have been reluctant to become involved in the wars of the Middle East feel that American vital interests are at stake."
Senator Rand Paul on Twitter Even those of us who have been reluctant to become involved in the wars of the Middle East feel that American vital interests are at stake.

"We must now defend ourselves from these barbarous jihadists, but let's not compound the problem by arming feckless rebels in Syria."
Senator Rand Paul on Twitter We must now defend ourselves from these barbarous jihadists but let s not compound the problem by arming feckless rebels in Syria.

Rand never bothers to explain what those "American vital interests" are, or why "we" have to "defend ourselves" from a group that poses no danger to the United States.

first things first ... win the GOP nomination.

Beat Hillary?

yeah right. LMAO

Forum List

Back