Will Project GunRunner End Obama?

who cares? more political hackery from the right...

reality check for the rightwingnut loons:

stuff like this is only meaningful to people who wouldn't have voted for the president, anyway. in order to win in 2012, the president has to not only be doing poorly, but the repubs have to offer a viable alternative. and it doesn't look like the tea loons plan on letting that happen.

what matters is what always matters... how is YOUR family doing? and can the proposed alternative make it better?

Under Bush I was doing well but under this regime you have to be kidding me?

Let's hope so. But I strongly doubt it. If anyone takes the heat, it will be Holder -- that's what he's there for after all :). I do think Sen. Grassly and Congressman Issa are saving some of the juicier details about this conspiracy for closer to election time.

The ideal scenario would be their staffers pulling more witnesses and taking depositions behind the scenes to possibly obtain a special prosecution. Do you think this warrants that much? Or am I going too far?

Mark Hemingway of The Weekly Standard reported on Wednesday afternoon that he had attempted to interview CBS News correspondent Sharyl Attkisson about her dogged coverage of the ongoing "Fast and Furious" controversy, but was told that she was "unavailable." Attkisson has been the sole journalist on the Big Three networks regularly covering the story, particular during the past several weeks.

Hemingway described in his blog entry that he called CBS News to interview the correspondent, but was "told by CBS News senior vice president of communications Sonya McNair that Attkisson would be unavailable for interviews all week. When I asked why Attkisson would be unavailable, McNair would not say." On Tuesday, the reporter revealed on Laura Ingraham's radio show that Obama administration officials had "screamed and cussed" at her over her coverage of the story.

The conservative writer further noted that he had "heard from a producer at another media outlet that has previously booked Attkisson that they tried to book her since she made news with the Laura Ingraham interview yesterday. They were also told that she would be unavailable." Hemingway later called back McNair at CBS and left a message to ask "whether Attkisson's unavailability has anything to do with reporting that the White House and Justice Department were angry at her," but as of mid-afternoon on Wednesday, hadn't heard back from the network executive.

Read more: CBS: Attkisson 'Unavailable' For Further Interviews on 'Fast & Furious' | NewsBusters.org

Eric Holder is a wooden indian, a useless bump on an equally useless log and Obama is responsible for appointing him. Any right-thinking Attorney General would have made it his/her first order of business to investigate the many crimes of the Bush Administration but Holder went right to sleep on Day One and he's been asleep ever since. And that is one big reason why I'm hoping Ralph Nader runs in 2012 -- because I am not voting for Obama again.

Informant: ATF "gun walking" went on for years - CBS News

(CBS News) The ATF, the agency that's supposed to stop gun smuggling, turned a blind eye for years, as hundreds of guns "walked" across the Mexican border, CBS News has learned.
In a report on "The Early Show," CBS News investigative correspondent Sharyl Attkisson said a confidential informant has come forward "with a fascinating story of how U.S. agents began letting guns 'walk' across the Mexican border - more than four years ago."

Okay. So. This is Obama's millstone - how, again?

Informant: ATF "gun walking" went on for years - CBS News

(CBS News) The ATF, the agency that's supposed to stop gun smuggling, turned a blind eye for years, as hundreds of guns "walked" across the Mexican border, CBS News has learned.
In a report on "The Early Show," CBS News investigative correspondent Sharyl Attkisson said a confidential informant has come forward "with a fascinating story of how U.S. agents began letting guns 'walk' across the Mexican border - more than four years ago."

Okay. So. This is Obama's millstone - how, again?

Earlier in the day, at the top of the 8 am Eastern hour of The Early Show, the CBS reporter filed her latest report on the cross-border gun-walking issue, which featured an extensive interview of a gun dealer who had been asked to be a "confidential informant" by the ATF, but ended up assisting in smuggling around 450 guns to Mexican criminals.

ATTKISSON: Gun enthusiast and licensed dealer Mike Detty was working a Tucson, Arizona gun show in early 2006, when a young Hispanic man bought a half dozen semi-automatic rifles. He paid $1,600 cash.

MIKE DETTY, GUN DEALER, TUCSON, AZ: But then he asked if I had more. And I told him that later in the month, I would have another 20 from my supplier. And he said, I'll take them all.

ATTKISSON: Detty suspected the buyer was trafficking for a drug cartel. Tucson is just an hour from the Mexican border, and a popular shopping center for smugglers. Detty notified ATF, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. To his surprised, ATF told him to go ahead with the big sale, and sent an undercover agent to watch. Then, a local ATF manager made an unusual and dangerous proposition. He asked Detty to be a confidential informant.

DETTY: He said, Mike, I think we've got a real chance at taking out a powerful cartel. Can you help us? I made that commitment, and I really thought I was doing something good.

ATTKISSON: Detty even signed this informant contract. As he understood it, he'd sell to suspected traffickers. Agents would track the weapons, expose the cartel's inner workings, then interdict the guns before they could ever get loose on the street- or so Detty thought....

DETTY (on-camera): They would have a small video recording- audio recording device, and sometimes, it was hidden in a box of Kleenex.

ATTKISSON (voice-over): One of the biggest cases was code-named 'Operation Wide Receiver.'

ATTKISSON (on-camera): Do you know about how many about many guns we're talking about?

DETTY: It's right around 450.

ATTKISSON (voice-over): Things didn't work out like Detty thought. Detty says he realized ATF was letting guns walk. He hadn't help take down any cartels. He had helped ATF arm them.

ATTKISSON (on-camera): When you look back and think, in hindsight, knowing what we know now, that all of those guns were going on the street, what do you think about?

DETTY: It really makes me sick.

ATTKISSON: What's important to know is when all of this happened. It was under the Bush administration, three years before the better-known operation under the Obama administration, 'Fast and Furious.' That case allegedly let thousands of weapons fall into the hands of Mexican drug cartels. It's now the subject of two investigations.

Read more: CBS: Attkisson 'Unavailable' For Further Interviews on 'Fast & Furious' | NewsBusters.org

Thats why this is Obama's fault!!

who cares? more political hackery from the right...

reality check for the rightwingnut loons:

stuff like this is only meaningful to people who wouldn't have voted for the president, anyway. in order to win in 2012, the president has to not only be doing poorly, but the repubs have to offer a viable alternative. and it doesn't look like the tea loons plan on letting that happen.

what matters is what always matters... how is YOUR family doing? and can the proposed alternative make it better?

Holder Grilled Over Fast and Furious by Senate Republicans, Democrats Change Topic - HUMAN EVENTS

Democrats change topic, whats new about that?Nothing!

Forum List

Back