Will Paul voters fall in line?

Empty scare tactics. What are you imagining would be different if McCain had won? Nothing that matters.

1. McCain would not have allowed Obamacare, and the Dems probably wouldn't have even tried it.
2. McCain would have pushed for drilling in Anwar and allowed the Keystone Pipeline to be built.

Unfortunately, I can't think of any more, but the first one is reason enough.
It's also highly suspect. As many have pointed out, PPACA was Republican inspired. I seriously doubt things would have played out differently with McCain at the helm. Except the roles would have been reversed, with the dems opposing.

You have proven that you will say anything, no matter how silly, just to avoid admitting you are wrong. I don't know why I bother replying except that someone else might read this.

For reasons of simple partisan politics, the GOP and McCain would never have allowed the Democrats to come up with a bill for healthcare, and then have a GOP POTUS sign it into law. At the worst, they would have come up with their own opposing plan, which the Democrats would have just as strenuously opposed, and we'd be gridlocked without any kind of healthcare plan at all. There are other possible scenarios, no plausable one leading to a bi-partisan healthcare bill during a McCain administration.

Then you're simply misunderstanding what's going on. It isn't about Paul. It's not a cult of personality. And the last thing we're doing is "refusing to participate".

How do you possibly expect to enact change when you're voice isn't represented because you consistently vote for candidates who hold no power?
That's the only way change will happen. By making it clear they won't get our votes with the same old bullshit. As long you continue voting for the status quo, that's all you're going to get.

Wrong. Hasn't ever worked, won't ever. The GOP doesn't hear you. They are after the moderate vote. Only when the LP makes more and more gains will they start to pay attention. From the bottom up, like Grampa said. In the meantime, we try to stop the Democrats in every way possible.

How do you possibly expect to enact change when you're voice isn't represented because you consistently vote for candidates who hold no power?
That's the only way change will happen. By making it clear they won't get our votes with the same old bullshit. As long you continue voting for the status quo, that's all you're going to get.

Wrong. Hasn't ever worked, won't ever. The GOP doesn't hear you. They are after the moderate vote. Only when the LP makes more and more gains will they start to pay attention. From the bottom up, like Grampa said. In the meantime, we try to stop the Democrats in every way possible.

Yeah... we must continue to support the party that ignores us to fight the "boogieman".

You really don't smell the bullshit on that?

Yeah... we must continue to support the party that ignores us to fight the "boogieman".

You really don't smell the bullshit on that?

The Democrat Party and Barack Obama are not the boogyman, they are real.

I'm not about to claim that Mitt Romney is the ideal candidate, I won't even go as far as saying he's a good candidate. I only state that he's a better choice than obama.

both are the same on civil liberties, foreign policy, and letting wall street run congress. the only thing they differ on is the amount and types of handouts that leaches should be able to steal from tax paying citizens.

You keep stating the similarities, whch I don't argue with, but you keep ignoring the differences, pretending they don't exist.

what are they different on? If you posted somewhere else please just point me to that reply. Thanks.

Instead of all this pouting because we didn't get Ron Paul, try this:

Vote Libertarian in all of the primaries. Then vote for the most conservative candidate in the general election. In the meantime, sing the praises of the LP platform and it's candidates. This kind of approach can work and has been working. We can help keep the liberals and their destructive policies at bay while promoting the LP platform and it's candidates. Who do you think we have a better chance of changing? The GOP or the Democrats? Ron Paul obviously thinks its the GOP.

What good is it for us to be promoting LP candidates in 2014 if Obama and the Democrats have put us in a place that not even a LP President could get us out of?

there will be no conservative in either of the main parties for the general election

One is certainly more conservative than the other.

not really. from a small government perspective, both will raise military spenidng, raise entitlment spending, continue the police state, etc

Yeah, we get that same old pap every time the GOP runs one of its squishy dochebag statist losers...Lotta good Chimpola and Hastert did us.

My point is that the stupidity of the people that refuse to participate because their man isn't viable. They focus on the wrong individual. Change starts at the local level through congress. Sittin at home on election night bragging about standing firm on your principles changes nothing nor does it accomplish anything.

Then you're simply misunderstanding what's going on. It isn't about Paul. It's not a cult of personality. And the last thing we're doing is "refusing to participate".

How can you expect change to happen when what you're screaming for is more of the same?

I don't vote based off of who polls better. I vote based off of who I want in the White House. If it's a choice between morals and values, or stopping democrats, I'l pick my morals and values every time.

He is not a mirror image of Obama.

The differences are insignificant and not worth sacrificing an opportunity to support real change.

Garbage. You think a SCOTUS appointment is insignificant? You think lowering taxes on job producers is insignificant? Don't be ridiculous.

Even Obama extended the Bush tax cuts.

Tax cuts are EASY to do politically. But who's going to cut spending?

By falling in line, the Libertarians undo all the work they did trying to explain how they are NOT the GOP. Yes they are. Ron Paul should run 3rd party ticket if Libertarians are not just another spin on Republicans. Talking shit about things they have no plan of changing but sound good to stupid voters. Take on the Federal Reserve, sure. The GOP are all about that. Legalize Pot? War in Iran?

Fall in line fakers.

Here's one Paul supporter that certainly won't be voting for Romney.

Unregulated Free Trade has destroyed the American middle class. Ron Paul is Mr. Free Trade.

Do you wash down all that DNC jizz you swallow with evian, or do you prefer perrier?

Ahh still do not see the truth of the situation?
that was the main reason but it is not as simple as that.
We became a debtor and consumer spending driven economy nation at pretty much the same time.

Forum List

Back