Will Obamas convention be put into perspective by the jobs report that comes on Fri?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Seriously, who was the dumbass that timed Obama's event to end with the jobs report? It really does sum up the decision making process of this administration.

If the numbers are bad any positive numbers from Obama's convention will immediately be summarily dismissed.

Seriously, who was the dumbass that timed Obama's event to end with the jobs report? It really does sum up the decision making process of this administration.

If the numbers are bad any positive numbers from Obama's convention will immediately be summarily dismissed.

Obama has already declared that the private sector is doing just fine.
So there is no need for them to care about the jobs report. :D

Not going to happen. Unless you see 10% unemployment, the jobs numbers just blend into the background noise of the election. The American public has moved on from worrying about 8.2, 8.3, 8.1 etc... Psychologically when barriers are crashed is when people take notice.

• Banned

Not going to happen. Unless you see 10% unemployment, the jobs numbers just blend into the background noise of the election. The American public has moved on from worrying about 8.2, 8.3, 8.1 etc... Psychologically when barriers are crashed is when people take notice.

The day after the convention the news cycle may very well be consumed by the jobs report. Going into the weekend the topic won't be Obama. The timing decision was just stupid.

Their numbers are bogus. So i'm not sure too many people care what they say anymore. And the People aren't likely to forget the pain of these record high Labor Day Gas Prices anytime soon. Especially the Independents. So i don't think his Jobs Report matters all that much anymore. His fate is already sealed.

Obama could care less, why even worry over it, lets all just focus on the election because you are not swaying people who will blindly follow the fool. You can not even get those voters to open their minds regardless of how tolerant or open minded they tell you. Know they are closed minded followers and lets put our effort into helping Romney win and ousting the president who can shoot his mouth off but not back it up.

The day after the convention the news cycle may very well be consumed by the jobs report. Going into the weekend the topic won't be Obama. The timing decision was just stupid.

How many of these reports have been out since May? What...12 or 16 or something like that. Obama is still ahead in most polls (I know you don't believe them and nationwide polls are meaningless but it's public opinion) and electorally he's a juggernaut that Romney hasn't begun to assail with about 60 days left.

The point is that until there is a barrier broken, it will just blend into the background noise of the campaign. Can you tell me who the 2nd woman to enter Congress was? What the name was of the 2nd black man to play big league baseball? Who the 8th man on the moon was? I would think you could tell me the firsts of those pretty easily. Whether it's up by a degree, down by a degree, or the same won't matter.

As for the timing; it comes out every week; right? When were they supposed to end the convention?

Obama could care less, why even worry over it, lets all just focus on the election because you are not swaying people who will blindly follow the fool. You can not even get those voters to open their minds regardless of how tolerant or open minded they tell you. Know they are closed minded followers and lets put our effort into helping Romney win and ousting the president who can shoot his mouth off but not back it up.

Not true. Although I admit it would take an extraordinary out-of-the-box thinker to get me to vote Republican. I liked Huntsman in the primaries and I'd be giving him a long look now if he were still in the race.

Romney was in favor of a woman's right to choose at one time. Now he isn't. That is a deal breaker with me. His wanting Roe overturned (look on his website--it says it) and getting rid of Title X funding (that's on his website too) are nails in the coffin. If the Governor isn't swaying people in this environment; it's his own fault.

Not true. Although I admit it would take an extraordinary out-of-the-box thinker to get me to vote Republican. I liked Huntsman in the primaries and I'd be giving him a long look now if he were still in the race.

Romney was in favor of a woman's right to choose at one time. Now he isn't. That is a deal breaker with me. His wanting Roe overturned (look on his website--it says it) and getting rid of Title X funding (that's on his website too) are nails in the coffin. If the Governor isn't swaying people in this environment; it's his own fault.

So the economy sucks because YOU don't like our candidates?

So the economy sucks because YOU don't like our candidates?

:eusa_eh:

I'm with Gramps on this. I don't buy that the public has become numb to the jobs report. Sure some have, but I think many see it as a direct reflection of the Obama Adminastration, if the numbers are very bad, it will overshadow the convention, IMO.

As a side note, I really liked John Huntsman, he was one of the few candidates that came off as genuine to me.

Doubtful, as it will likely be as inconclusive as the last two job reports were.

I bet if your one of the 8.1, 8.2, 8.3% you have not moved on from worrying.

Yeah.....uh...no

Just you kids who have never held a real job think that....

Adults know better.

Please tell me you aren't going to be a Teacher?

I don't know I'm still trying to figure out why they would schedule Bill Clinton's speech on the same night the NFL starts.

Nonsense. It's an HONOR to be unemployed under Obama.

Yeah.....uh...no

Just you kids who have never held a real job think that....

Adults know better.

Please tell me you aren't going to be a Teacher?

I've been a logistician for over 10 years for a major hospital system in the SW. I'm going for my Masters Degree.

Adults are going to re-elect Obama in November too. Please tell me you're not going to be a political scientist when you grow up.

You're right.

But as we saw with the past week; the GOP convention didn't mention Afghanistan once from the podium. We're a short-term attention span society.

I'm pretty sure that the 8.2% or thereabouts will be the new norm.

Forum List

Back