Will Obama's 1st act shut down 1/3 of hospitals?

From the OP:

Now, tell me again: Is the thread title somehow not what the thread is really about?

No. All you just proved was that all you read was the title and then jumped in the middle and spread a little noise. My first sentence stated that outcome was not likely. (see i read the article, formed an opinion, talked about it with people here, learned some things about Catholics I did not know, had the thread title challenged and proved inaccurate, fixed it and talked some more) You just flew in and pinched out a turd we all got past long before.

The thread appears to be about Obama signing into law an act that would force the Catholic hospitals to close their doors, not accept public funding, or perform abortions. The OP appears to be about the same thing. I've said that such a thing will never happen.

Now, just what is this thread about, again?:confused:

We had all already been there done that. It's a freaking grabby title (that Ravi proved over-reached). Just a snazzy title. Jeeze. It's hard to get attention around here with clever stuff like "Proof of God, Conservative badly hurt" kinda stuff flying around. :lol:

Tristan, are you by chance the person that wrote the article linked to in the OP:eusa_whistle:

Heh. I'd like to think I would not have misquoted myself for your amusement.

I already linked to her and her bio at Huffington Post in this thread dude.

Heh. I'd like to think I would not have misquoted myself for your amusement.

I already linked to her and her bio at Huffington Post in this thread dude.
So? That's not an answer.

How do you change the thread title, I can never figure that out.

So? That's not an answer.

How do you change the thread title, I can never figure that out.

Dunno, but I already put a correction in the OP after you found a better source. (or at least a sourse I could read correctly)

Aha. So, people who "want to think" will believe that Barack Obama is going to shut down 1/3 of the nation's hospitals.

I think, and I don't think so.

If you want to make a bet, then mark your calendar for one year from now.

If the Catholic hospitals are closed, then I'll send you an abject "You were right" apology for all to see.

If they aren't, then you get an "I told you so" in bright red letters.

Do we have a bet?

Oh, yes, I almost forgot:

"Hey, you monsters, get out of this closet! A little child has to sleep in this room, and is afraid of monsters! Shoo, I say, shoo, get out!"

You just aren't real bright, are you? One would figure you would have gotten a clue with that first spanking.

I never said this issue would go anywhere. In fact, I said it would not. Feel free to go back and read the posts. You know ... the ones that were made before you just trolled your little ass in without reading shit and starting spewing partisan crap out of your suck?

If you don't want to discuss the issue, don't. But please don't try some weakass bullshit driveby without a clue on me. You just got handed your ass again, and it'll happen every time you open that gaping maw you call a mouth around me. I notoriously don't have time nor patience for partisan hack sheeple; especially, mannerless louts like you who can't even bother to know WTF they're talking about before they start foaming at the mouth.

It's good to see the Republican base is going to cling to it's bread and butter issues, rather than become a Party for the 21st century.

Abortion, creation science, guns, and bibles.

Yeah we should just forget about killing babies...it's really not that important of an issue.

Yep, so much more fun to do it when they are a bit older and call it Shock and Awe. All I see here is yapping about anything possible to create a partisan atmosphere.

I can't see your concern, really. If you don't care about killing babies here, why should it matter to you anywhere else?

Oh, and wasn't the first name for Shock and Awe Operation Rolling Thunder? That was under WHICH President? Refresh my memory please .....

I can't see your concern, really. If you don't care about killing babies here, why should it matter to you anywhere else?

Oh, and wasn't the first name for Shock and Awe Operation Rolling Thunder? That was under WHICH President? Refresh my memory please .....

Neither of us needs our memory refreshed on unneccessary wars stupidly fought. From Eisenhower to Nixon, and all the Presidents in between, we made poor decisions. I really did not expect to see the incompetance at high levels in 'Nam bested in my lifetime, but 'W' managed to surprise me.

You just aren't real bright, are you? One would figure you would have gotten a clue with that first spanking.

I never said this issue would go anywhere. In fact, I said it would not. Feel free to go back and read the posts. You know ... the ones that were made before you just trolled your little ass in without reading shit and starting spewing partisan crap out of your suck?

If you don't want to discuss the issue, don't. But please don't try some weakass bullshit driveby without a clue on me. You just got handed your ass again, and it'll happen every time you open that gaping maw you call a mouth around me. I notoriously don't have time nor patience for partisan hack sheeple; especially, mannerless louts like you who can't even bother to know WTF they're talking about before they start foaming at the mouth.

I see. You understood from the beginning that the "Obama will shut down hospitals" nonsense was really just nonsense, so, when I jumped in and said it would not happen anyway, that meant I didn't understand your point about it being nonsense.

Why did you post this idiocy in the first place if you didn't believe it yourself?

And this kind of personal attack

I notoriously don't have time nor patience for partisan hack sheeple; especially, mannerless louts like you who can't even bother to know WTF they're talking about before they start foaming at the mouth.

proves you have no valid point anyway.

Now, it seems we both agree that the Catholic hospitals are in no danger from Obama, so why even discuss it? I'm outta here.

Next time you make a post, I'll be sure to ascertain whether you believe in your own idiocy before stepping in to debunk it.:rolleyes:

I see. You understood from the beginning that the "Obama will shut down hospitals" nonsense was really just nonsense, so, when I jumped in and said it would not happen anyway, that meant I didn't understand your point about it being nonsense.

Why did you post this idiocy in the first place if you didn't believe it yourself?

Now, it seems we both agree that the Catholic hospitals are in no danger from Obama, so why even discuss it? I'm outta here.

Next time you make a post, I'll be sure to ascertain whether you believe in your own idiocy before stepping in to debunk it.:rolleyes:

I posted the OP and said from the start that this dire outcome is unlikely. I don't have to believe everything in an article to find it thought provoking and worthy of talking about.

Here is what bothers Catholic Bishops about FOCA.
Also disposed of will be the "conscience rights" in many states. They include, Mr. Johnson reminds us, "all laws allowing doctors, nurses or other state-licensed professionals, and hospitals or other health care providers, to decline to provide or pay for abortions."

That, in case you don't understand it, is the State forcing doctors to provide abortions. (or not be doctors anymore) I do believe FOCA is bad law, and the above is only part of many reasons I belive that to be so. The reason I don't think it will be as dire as the liberal author of the piece does, is that I don't believe Obama will sign FOCA into law in it's curent form. In other words, Obama is a liar. And in this case, that's a good thing.

Forum List

Back