Will Obama Tax the Internet?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
President Barack Obama pulled it off - he won reelection. He did this despite the fake unemployment rate being above 8% throughout his first term. The real unemployment rate was 14.7% when people went to the polls, and it was oh so much universally worse than just that.

All of this added up to a fairly terrible economy - and somehow a squeaker election win. Can President Obama now take this terrible-ness - and make it worse? Yes, He Can.

The Tech sector is now 1/6th of the economy - and a serious victim of President Obama first term. He illegally imposed price controls on the wireless Internet. Before that, he illegally imposed Network Neutrality. The result?

Read more @ Will Obama Tax the Internet?

:mad:

President Barack Obama pulled it off - he won reelection. He did this despite the fake unemployment rate being above 8% throughout his first term. The real unemployment rate was 14.7% when people went to the polls, and it was oh so much universally worse than just that.

All of this added up to a fairly terrible economy - and somehow a squeaker election win. Can President Obama now take this terrible-ness - and make it worse? Yes, He Can.

The Tech sector is now 1/6th of the economy - and a serious victim of President Obama first term. He illegally imposed price controls on the wireless Internet. Before that, he illegally imposed Network Neutrality. The result?

Net Neutrality gives the govt too much power over the internet...but hell we gave them that power over OUR DOCTORS AND HEALTHCARE so whats a little loss of liberty on the internet as long as it is for the common good?

(Yeah there is some sarcasm up there ;))

Net Neutrality gives the govt too much power over the internet...but hell we gave them that power over OUR DOCTORS AND HEALTHCARE so whats a little loss of liberty on the internet as long as it is for the common good?

We didn't give them anything, they took it. Come hell or high water, or was it pole vaulting it over the fence?, they said they were going to shove it through and by God they did. Any success that the ACA may have the Dems can claim, and rightfully so. Likewise all the failures that the ACA will have falls solely and squarely on the Dems shoulders.

We didn't give them anything, they took it. Come hell or high water, or was it pole vaulting it over the fence?, they said they were going to shove it through and by God they did. Any success that the ACA may have the Dems can claim, and rightfully so. Likewise all the failures that the ACA will have falls solely and squarely on the Dems shoulders.

That is true they did force it through the dem controlled congress without one Rep voting and even bent rules along the way to do so.......I just was remembering how it got passed with my blue colored glasses on ;)

Purchases you make through the internet is sure to be taxed within his next 4 years.
As far as a usage tax...I don't think we have near the technology to do that yet.

Let's face it... Obama will tax everything and anything he can get his hands into!:dunno:

The tax tsunami is unavoidable.

Obama will tax anything he can think of..

I say, LET HIM...Internet, Twinkies, they should raise taxes on gas, etc etc..
man the list is ENDLESS.

remember, IT'S WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT..

When Americans reelected Obama, they gave approval for ACA. The American people approved of the ACA, like it or not.

When Americans reelected Obama, they gave approval for ACA. The American people approved of the ACA, like it or not.

Uh huh ... after they shoved it down our throats for our own good.

Spending pigs have to keep finding ways to return to the trough for more. So yes, if the internet will give the Feds one more avenue to take from us all......of course.

Of couse he is going to tax the internet.
I have never met a Dem yet who does not want to tax and spend.
Watch out when President Obama says fair and balanced it means tax,and when he says investment it means spend.

Purchases you make through the internet is sure to be taxed within his next 4 years.
As far as a usage tax...I don't think we have near the technology to do that yet.

I think what they'll do is levy the tax on the IPS' and they'll pass it on to users.
:confused:

Is this one of those keep your gubmint hands off my medicare type things?

:lol:

Is this one of those keep your gubmint hands off my medicare type things?

:lol:

Not really considering I don't think the govt should be doing medicare at all ;)

Also now that Obama got re-elected I dont think I have to worry about getting medicare or social security........do you want me to explain further?

Forum List

Back