Will Obama Super PAC Return Misogynist Bill Maher's Million-Dollar Donation?

Robodoon

Jan 18, 2012
BillMaherSept10.jpg

In response to the media firestorm surrounding Rush Limbaugh's insulting comments about Democratic activist Sandra Fluke (comments for which Limbaugh apologized), Kirsten Powers writes about the liberal men who have used misogynistic rhetoric without facing the same outrage. Powers notes that "the grand pooh-bah of media misogyny is without a doubt Bill Maher—who also happens to be a favorite of liberals—who has given $1 million to President Obama’s super PAC." She continues:

Maher has called Palin a “dumb twat” and dropped the C-word in describing the former Alaska governor. He called Palin and Congresswoman Bachmann “boobs” and “two bimbos.” He said of the former vice-presidential candidate, “She is not a mean girl. She is a crazy girl with mean ideas.” He recently made a joke about Rick Santorum’s wife using a vibrator. Imagine now the same joke during the 2008 primary with Michelle Obama’s name in it, and tell me that he would still have a job Continued

Comment: Good example of the endless PC double standard. Its ok for some to say things but not others.... its only intolerant when the PC idiots think so.

BillMaherSept10.jpg

In response to the media firestorm surrounding Rush Limbaugh's insulting comments about Democratic activist Sandra Fluke (comments for which Limbaugh apologized), Kirsten Powers writes about the liberal men who have used misogynistic rhetoric without facing the same outrage. Powers notes that "the grand pooh-bah of media misogyny is without a doubt Bill Maher—who also happens to be a favorite of liberals—who has given $1 million to President Obama’s super PAC." She continues:

Maher has called Palin a “dumb twat” and dropped the C-word in describing the former Alaska governor. He called Palin and Congresswoman Bachmann “boobs” and “two bimbos.” He said of the former vice-presidential candidate, “She is not a mean girl. She is a crazy girl with mean ideas.” He recently made a joke about Rick Santorum’s wife using a vibrator. Imagine now the same joke during the 2008 primary with Michelle Obama’s name in it, and tell me that he would still have a job Continued

Comment: Good example of the endless PC double standard. Its ok for some to say things but not others.... its only intolerant when the PC idiots think so.

Agreed.

I think it's necessary to pressure Obama's campaign to return the money.

BillMaherSept10.jpg

Oh, that's different........ :thup:

since when is maher the leader of democrats and speaks and democrat conventions.

In response to what was Bill using such terms? Was it when they were lying about something? Governor Palin and Congresswoman Bachmann say some pretty controversial things themselves against liberal democrats. Whereas Rush not only had a poor choice of words but also continutally thoughout the broadcasts demostrated a complete lack of understanding of the issue. Of course that is just his facade as I think he wanted his audience to not understand the issue. It is not about taxpayers being on the hook for these women having sex, they're not. It's about womens preventative health.

Personally I don't care who said what. It doesn't bother me a bit. I mean I expect it from the comedians and I expect it from Rush. It's the type of person he is.

Forum List

Back