Will Obama seal a Romney presidency if the empty chair shows up Tuesday?

I believe so. Obama can ill afford another shit performance.

Sure as hell can't. I have no doubt he'll be more aggressive than the first debate, but he'll be running the risk of overdoing it. It doesn't seem to be in his nature to be aggressive, and that increases the possibility that he'll misfire.

Especially after Biden's "performance", I'm sure Obama and his strategists are paying as much attention to his demeanor as his content.

If Obama performs as badly as the last time I think it will be difficult for him to recover from that, but I don't think that is going to happen this time. His campaign will definitely make sure he is better prepared and ready to fire off all the DNC talking points (Bain Capital, 47%, etc.)

• Banned
If Obama performs as badly as the last time I think it will be difficult for him to recover from that, but I don't think that is going to happen this time. His campaign will definitely make sure he is better prepared and ready to fire off all the DNC talking points (Bain Capital, 47%, etc.)

Do you think those points will sway the undecided voters?

The empty chair will be there, it will just be louder, more arrogant and just as ignorant. One of the few things Maobama has going for him now is likability, if he gets stupid, that can go away and you can que the fat lady. Personally I don't think he can think on his feet well enough to pull off that balancing act, he'll make an ass of himself, kind of like slow Joe did.

No idea, but my cousin in New Jersey told me the other day that she has been undecided in this election. She hasn't voted for a Republican president since Reagan and she did vote for Obama in 2008, but after his and Biden's debate performances she is now leaning towards Romney.

• Banned

No idea, but my cousin in New Jersey told me the other day that she has been undecided in this election. She hasn't voted for a Republican president since Reagan and she did vote for Obama in 2008, but after his and Biden's debate performances she is now leaning towards Romney.

Interesting. I've heard a few stories like that as well but its gonna take more than a few.

I believe so. Obama can ill afford another shit performance.

i think what we're likely to see is a reprise of joe biden's obnoxious buffoon act. obama is utterly tone-deaf about what people want and what they think, largely because he's outraged by the very idea that he should have to care. so all he knows at this point is what he's been told - that people found him boring and lackluster, and that they were impressed by biden's rude oafishness.

what he doesn't get is that there's a difference between saying, 'i think biden dominated the debate with his behavior' and 'that behavior convinced me i want biden as vice president'. my four-year-old grandson can dominate the living room - and possibly the whole house, if he's in good enough voice - by throwing a tantrum, but that doesn't make tantrums desirable behavior. i think that people understand that our nation is in desperate straits right now, both foreign and domestic, and more than ever, what they want is to see calm, mature, informed adults in charge. for all its bombast and fireworks, biden's debate behavior made him look like an arrogant juvenile, and a similar performance from obama is likely to make a lot of middle-roaders very uneasy about their ability to lead in crisis.

The empty chair will be there, it will just be louder, more arrogant and just as ignorant. One of the few things Maobama has going for him now is likability, if he gets stupid, that can go away and you can que the fat lady. Personally I don't think he can think on his feet well enough to pull off that balancing act, he'll make an ass of himself, kind of like slow Joe did.

thing is, it's one story for biden to try that crap on with paul ryan. ryan's a nice guy, scary-smart and well-informed, but without a huge amount of debate experience and almost too earnest. trying it with mitt romney is a whole 'nother kettle of fish. romney's an expert debater, damn near unflappable and experienced at taking control without being abrasive. plus, after biden's clown show, he'll be prepared for a repeat from obama, and he'll mince him up fine and spread him on his toast.

Interesting. I've heard a few stories like that as well but its gonna take more than a few.

my sister is the token liberal in my family - mom admitted once that she fell off the bed and hit her head as a baby - and she wants badly to like obama/biden and hate romney/ryan, but she found biden's performance repellent.

Obama at this point is doomed. He isn't able to contain his hubris or hide his disdain of the American people from them any more; he isn't CAPABLE of hiding who he is, and now they're onto him, he's through.

I mean, his campaign has released a campaign ad that says he's faced more difficulties than most other presidents.

What a fucking idiot.

I mean, his campaign has released a campaign ad that says he's faced more difficulties than most other presidents.

What a fucking idiot.

what the hell is he looking for, sympathy? everyone else knew it was the hardest job in the world, and i for one am not impressed to find out that he didn't know that before applying.

Forum List

Back