• No

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • divisive

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • appropriate

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He's going to make an appropriate speech intended and meant to unify the country in this extremely partisan time.

He will blame no one, nor should he, he will only talk about coming together as a country in a time of crisis for the good of ALL.

The RW will CRUCIFY him for it.

Watch.

This RW will criticize him if it is warranted. I doubt it will be.

Appropriate to the mainstream.

Nothing President Obama says will have any appeal to the right wing.

Papa Obama

"I will keep Bush tax cuts in place"

:eusa_whistle:

Because Republicans were threatening to cut unemployment for millions of Americans just before Christmas. I suspect the majority of those receiving unemployment benefits were from the Republican base. They just can't get past that "black skin". They would rather get evicted than accept help from Obama. Until they get evicted. Then they say, "Why didn't Obama do anything"? It's that "black skin". We want OUR country back. We hate a black guy in the "WHITE House".
Indeed, the Cons did threaten that. It won't be forgotten.

Papa Obama

Because Republicans were threatening to cut unemployment for millions of Americans just before Christmas. I suspect the majority of those receiving unemployment benefits were from the Republican base. They just can't get past that "black skin". They would rather get evicted than accept help from Obama. Until they get evicted. Then they say, "Why didn't Obama do anything"? It's that "black skin". We want OUR country back. We hate a black guy in the "WHITE House".
Indeed, the Cons did threaten that. It won't be forgotten.

Hilarious... since when did unemployment go for 99 weeks?

And people aren't looking for work? Gee...

We should be willing to challenge old assumptions? What does that mean.

We cannot use this as one more reason to turn on each other. Good line.

I've reached my limit.
I have to admit that at least to this point, he has been pretty darned apolitical. His strongest words seem to have been directed toward Sheriff Dipshit.

Another observation: He's much better with a written speech than reading from a teleprompter.

Appropriate to the mainstream.

Nothing President Obama says will have any appeal to the right wing.

Papa Obama

Racist!

People are dead... and some people on this board can't seem to get past their desperate need for partisan shit.

I predict he will speak eloquently and appropriately. I'm hoping to be able to congratulate him on it.

I think he did good.

I cannot seem to get any real feeling(s) of empathy from him, at all. the raised head which I am sorry but always looks haughty no matter who carries themselves that way, the applause lines pause, etc. just another speech.

I will read it tomorrow.

Well that was pretty moving, he ended it very nicely with inspiring us to live up the the expectation of a child.

I've reached my limit.
I have to admit that at least to this point, he has been pretty darned apolitical. His strongest words seem to have been directed toward Sheriff Dipshit.Another observation: He's much better with a written speech than reading from a teleprompter.

Yep. I give him kudos for that.

I cannot seem to get any real feeling(s) of empathy from him, at all. the raised head which I am sorry but always looks haughty no matter who carries themselves that way, the applause lines pause, etc. just another speech.

I will read it tomorrow.

Earlier I referenced bill clinton and the lip biting he made a trademark. I observed obama, instead of biting his lower lip, extends his unnaturally when he's trying to feign emotion.
I'm with you, Trajan. Though it was a moving speech for which his speech writers should be commended, it lacked emotion or a real connection to his words.

Forum List

Back