Will Obama ever be a stand-up man and take responsibility?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
As a huge football fan, I like to read books that coaches write, especially ones dealing with character, integrity, leadership, organization, etc, because I find that a lot of what they say and do in football correlates to life in general.

So, just read Bobby Bowden's book, and it was excellent. One part he talks about his how the person in charge of a team, business, government, or any group, is THE MAN IN CHARGE. That anything and everything that happens, fair or not, happens on HIS WATCH, and is thus his job and responsibility. He talked about a scandal at his school and said how, even though he didn't know about it, he was blamed, and when he said he didn't know about it, they wanted to know "Why didn't you know about it", because as he said, YOU ARE IN CHARGE AND IT'S ON YOU.

When will OUR PRESIDENT, who is the man in charge, numero uno, head honcho, ever take that stand and say it's ALL under his watch. The 4 wars. The economy. The border. Taxes. Spending. Unemployment. Anything and everything that happens is happening under his watch. Like a coach, he can't blame his assitants. Or his players. Or the school. It's HIS WATCH.

One day, for better or worse, I'd like to see this man take the type of stance that mere football coaches live by: It's your watch. Be a man, lead, and take responsiblity.

As a huge football fan, I like to read books that coaches write, especially ones dealing with character, integrity, leadership, organization, etc, because I find that a lot of what they say and do in football correlates to life in general.

So, just read Bobby Bowden's book, and it was excellent. One part he talks about his how the person in charge of a team, business, government, or any group, is THE MAN IN CHARGE. That anything and everything that happens, fair or not, happens on HIS WATCH, and is thus his job and responsibility. He talked about a scandal at his school and said how, even though he didn't know about it, he was blamed, and when he said he didn't know about it, they wanted to know "Why didn't you know about it", because as he said, YOU ARE IN CHARGE AND IT'S ON YOU.

When will OUR PRESIDENT, who is the man in charge, numero uno, head honcho, ever take that stand and say it's ALL under his watch. The 4 wars. The economy. The border. Taxes. Spending. Unemployment. Anything and everything that happens is happening under his watch. Like a coach, he can't blame his assitants. Or his players. Or the school. It's HIS WATCH.

One day, for better or worse, I'd like to see this man take the type of stance that mere football coaches live by: It's your watch. Be a man, lead, and take responsiblity.

In answer to your question? No

$Hope-and-Nope.jpg

It's down to "hope and Nope" now--:lol:

Sorry- still Pub default position- when the Pubs allow a recovery and health reform is implemented- then we'll all (86% anyway) let him take responsibility...gd Pub mess till then, with Dem benefits, ya know, INTELLIGENCE doing what it CAN....

as a huge football fan, i like to read books that coaches write, especially ones dealing with character, integrity, leadership, organization, etc, because i find that a lot of what they say and do in football correlates to life in general.

So, just read bobby bowden's book, and it was excellent. One part he talks about his how the person in charge of a team, business, government, or any group, is the man in charge. That anything and everything that happens, fair or not, happens on his watch, and is thus his job and responsibility. He talked about a scandal at his school and said how, even though he didn't know about it, he was blamed, and when he said he didn't know about it, they wanted to know "why didn't you know about it", because as he said, you are in charge and it's on you.

When will our president, who is the man in charge, numero uno, head honcho, ever take that stand and say it's all under his watch. The 4 wars. The economy. The border. Taxes. Spending. Unemployment. Anything and everything that happens is happening under his watch. Like a coach, he can't blame his assitants. Or his players. Or the school. It's his watch.

One day, for better or worse, i'd like to see this man take the type of stance that mere football coaches live by: It's your watch. Be a man, lead, and take responsiblity.

no

$promised-jobs.jpg

Wrong answer. BUSH? Remember whose watch this all started? Obama did not create the mess. It was handed to him and he is doing the best he can do with what he has. Radical right wing congress. He is not coaching, he is trying to fix a broken economy created by Bush. Stop blaming Bush? :confused:
But a ineffective coach can have an effective team and the next coach has been handed an ineffective team and he has to fix what the prior coach failed to do.:eusa_hand:

Your radical right wing rhetoric is just that. Not a word of truth in any thing you accuse obama of not doing. Obama has accomplished more in the first year than any other president in recent history. As usually, blame the black man.

Things Obama has done…

Once again, this is a lot to accomplish in such a short amount of time. He was elected President, he wasn’t elected Jesus.
Things Obama has done… | The Best Article Every day

The 244 ACCOMPLISHMENTS of PRESIDENT OBAMA
http://www.jackandjillpolitics.com/2010/10/president-obamas-244-accomplishments-part-4/

Last edited:
LilOlLady, you said I "blame the black man"??????

I'm insulting his white half. That disturbs you doesn't it? That you worship him mostly for being what you consider "black". But he's only half black. In fact, the only "black" thing about him is his black father abandoned his white mom. He was raised white, educated white, colleged it up at a white school. NOTHING about his upbringing was "black".

And Old Lady.........No, an ineffective coach cannot have an effective team. Never in sports history has that happened.

I think that you need better reading material to quote.

Forum List

Back