Will obama do the unthinkable?

Obama's most likely waiting for the polls to be published about this problem.
That he would even consider in the remotest sense, turning over American troops to foreign authorities for something as specious as burning a book, paper and ink, is outrageous. If these soldiers are turned over to Afghan authorities, it will be murder, clear and simple. I fail to see just what the charge would be under the UCMJ, or our own Constitutional law.

Obama has already ordered and carried out the murder of an American citizen without due process.

I'm glad we're out. I'm pretty sure the families of the troops serving there are glad we're out. And no doubt the troops themselves are glad to be home. What's the problem? Or are you scraping the bottom of the powder keg for any excuse to continue the meat grinder that is iraq?
We aren't really out. 15,000 personel still remain at risk.

But since Obama didn't have the stones to continue the mission what's the fucken point. Less body-bags get filled.
The mission was to TAKE OUT "The Man Who Threatened Poppy". Bad plan, or actually, NO plan for after the removal of Saddam:

Project on National Security Reform -

Just like the war of norther aggression. No plan for the people freed except to let them starve, freeze, or go back to the plantations.

Would you still support him if he did?

Spencer said that whether the soldiers end up being turned over to the Afghan government or face court-martial, either decision would set a dangerous precedent.

“It would be unconscionable either way,” he said. “If they turn them over to the Afghan government for trial then we are endorsing the applicability of Shariah law to non-Muslims in the U.S. military. If they court-martial them then they are adopting those norms as part of the UCMJ. Either way it’s frightening.”

Lopez said that while U.S. officials have made large concessions to appease Muslims, turning the soldiers over to face trial would be over the line.

“If they were to allow our soldiers to be tried under a legal system that calls for the death penalty for destroying a Quran, that would be unthinkable,” she said.

She said that the silence on the part of U.S. officials has the potential to cause real damage to the morale of troops.

Exactly where does Karzai get off demanding anything any way ? The turd exists at the leisure of the U.S. government. Even Barry O is not such a pussy that he would turn our troops over to this puppet dictator. Wont happen.

Last edited:

Spencer said that whether the soldiers end up being turned over to the Afghan government or face court-martial, either decision would set a dangerous precedent.

“It would be unconscionable either way,” he said. “If they turn them over to the Afghan government for trial then we are endorsing the applicability of Shariah law to non-Muslims in the U.S. military. If they court-martial them then they are adopting those norms as part of the UCMJ. Either way it’s frightening.”

Lopez said that while U.S. officials have made large concessions to appease Muslims, turning the soldiers over to face trial would be over the line.

“If they were to allow our soldiers to be tried under a legal system that calls for the death penalty for destroying a Quran, that would be unthinkable,” she said.

She said that the silence on the part of U.S. officials has the potential to cause real damage to the morale of troops.

Exactly where does Karzai get off demanding anything any way ? The turd exists at the pleasure of the U.S. government. Even Barry O is not such a pussy that he would turn our troops over to this puppet dictator. Wont happen.

Wanna make a bet on that?

Exactly where does Karzai get off demanding anything any way ? The turd exists at the pleasure of the U.S. government. Even Barry O is not such a pussy that he would turn our troops over to this puppet dictator. Wont happen.

If I were not the mother of a fine son, I would throw a cyber dollar in the pot that he does. But then wouldn't that be kind of like casting lots for Jesus robe? I just couldn't make that wager. It is unthinkable. Possible. But unthinkable.

If I were not the mother of a fine son, I would throw a cyber dollar in the pot that he does. But then wouldn't that be kind of like casting lots for Jesus robe? I just couldn't make that wager. It is unthinkable. Possible. But unthinkable.

I have an outstanding son-in-law in the same theatre. Every time he deploys (this is his third trip over), I live with the hope that I will not have to support my daughter, and his daughters, through the ultimate hard time.
I'm crossing my finger (and toes) for your son and mine, and all the other sons, fathers, brothers, and husbands who have put themselves at risk for each and every one of us.

What makes you think anyone is thinking about turning anyone over to the Afghan government for trial?

What makes you think anyone is thinking about turning anyone over to the Afghan government for trial?

Afghanistan made a statement that they would be TRIED. That they were promised a swift result. Except for disobeying an order or dereliction of duty there is little that the US can charge them WITH.

Afghanistan made a statement that they would be TRIED. That they were promised a swift result. Except for disobeying an order or dereliction of duty there is little that the US can charge them WITH.

Under the UCMJ there is nothing that Obama can do. They were throwing boxes into a fire, found out there were Qurans in them, and actually waded into the fire to get them out. He would have to bring command influence to bear to even get charges filed. If he was actually stupid enough, which I doubt, to hand them over to Afghanistan he could pack his bags because he would be moving out of the place he is living now.

Seems to me, that since the buck supposedly stops on HIS desk, our current C-in-C should consider turning HIMSELF over to Karzai and the rest of the Afghan barbarians for trial; after all, HE says they are as good and just as we are, right? He and his political ilk think the barbarians of fundamentalist Islam are morally equivalent to Americans, right? Then let him subject HIMSELF to their "justice"! That would solve at least two problems....

Seems to me, that since the buck supposedly stops on HIS desk, our current C-in-C should consider turning HIMSELF over to Karzai and the rest of the Afghan barbarians for trial; after all, HE says they are as good and just as we are, right? He and his political ilk think the barbarians of fundamentalist Islam are morally equivalent to Americans, right? Then let him subject HIMSELF to their "justice"! That would solve at least two problems....

I agree.

If Obama got Osama, then Obama burned the quran.

I agree.

If Obama got Osama, then Obama burned the quran.

EXACTLY! He who takes the credit for success, should also take the blame for failure. Good luck getting this weasel and his hypocritical admirers to acknowledge that, though. Speculation as to how the liberals would have reacted if both these events occurred on W.'s watch is irresistible. Ah, the smell of politics in the morning! Like rancid bacon and rotten eggs; smells like....APPEASEMENT!

Forum List

Back