Will Obama bypassing Congress hurt him in the publics eyes?

Will circumventing Congress hurt Obama?

• Yes

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
We have multiple areas that Obama is circumventing congress on. Housing, college and veterans job initiative. How will the public perceive this action?

Will they know for instance that the House already passed a bill giving tax exemptions and credits for veterans, yet it sits with many other house bills in a large stack on Harry Reids desk? Will anyone call Obama on falsely blaming republicans for that? Or will it go largely unnoticed?

"Will Obama bypassing Congress hurt him in the publics eyes?"

Well, of course not, as the biggest beef with Obama the past year with Americans is that he's been too conciliatory with Congress, and that he needs to become more of a leader and do what is right by America, not by political party, like most Republicans do these days - that is, place political party ahead of Country. Obama, by going around Congress, is placing America ahead of politics. And that is being a LEADER, not a follower. :clap2:

• Banned
Does no one else see the possibility that this hurts the gop and not the president? He is clearly painting us into a do nothing corner and if we aren't effective with public push back the do nothing label WILL stick. The RNC needs to be running national ads promoting the bills the house has passed that languish in the senate.

The president is on the field, where the hell is our team? It's time to fight back. The presidency isn't the only office at stake.

Nothing can hurt him in the eyes of his minions, but I don't think folks whose vote is up for grabs will think much of it, especially because it's more spending that won't do nothing but payback his minions.

Congress is no longer a functioning body

the American people are fed up with Congresses petty bickering and wants things done. The nation is suffering and we watch Congress engage in petty brinkmanship threatening to push us over the edge for political gain

No....I don't think the people mind bypassing Congress

• Banned

the American people are fed up with Congresses petty bickering and wants things done. The nation is suffering and we watch Congress engage in petty brinkmanship threatening to push us over the edge for political gain

Do you see that petty bickering from both sides or just the gop?

Why is Congress to blame for the Senate not even considering anything they've sent to them?

I'm tempted to think it'll hurt him, but considering how unpopular Congress is right now, it seems that he may slide by. Obama isn't just bypassing Republican obstructionism, he's bypassing Democratic incompetence.

He cannot work with anyone who does not love him, he is a sick man and a poor leader.

His Fluffers in the press and USMB will say this is a sign of strength and leadership but, of course, they are wrong.

This country has a legislative body

has an executive branch

has a judicial branch

what you suggest is totalitarian regime.. you fucking communist.

I as most of you know this isn't a do nothing congress but will the masses know if the gop doesn't start fighting back the rhetoric? The RNC needs to get busy doing their jobs. They are responsible for more than just raising money.

Why is Congress to blame for the Senate not even considering anything they've sent to them?

The House has to pass bills that have a chance of getting Senate approval. That means you need to negotiate, compromise and reach a common ground on legislation. That is the way bills have always been passed

The House passing bill after bill containing poison pills and then acting shocked when they don't pass is not proper governing

This country has a legislative body

has an executive branch

has a judicial branch

what you suggest is totalitarian regime.. you fucking communist.

Take him to court and get it overturned if you think he is exceeding his powers. That is why we have a Supreme Court

Congress should be proud to want no part of Obama's Jihad on America: record poverty, debt, deficits, unemployment and our first ever downgrade.

Congress should call on Obama to resign

The House has to pass bills that have a chance of getting Senate approval. That means you need to negotiate, compromise and reach a common ground on legislation. That is the way bills have always been passed

The House passing bill after bill containing poison pills and then acting shocked when they don't pass is not proper governing

the way it works asshole is for the house to pass a bill, send it to the senate, the senate takes it up (instead of tabling it) debates it, changes it to the senate's liking then they come back to the house and renegotiate the bill and give it an up or down vote. That Nazi Harry Reid is the person responsible for a do nothing congress. But, then, that's his plan.

No, for once I agree with his decisions to bypass congress because they are a useless political vessel in the state they are in now.

Show me a congress that is capable of being a congress and I'll show you a president that has wronged his country.

No, for once I agree with his decisions to bypass congress because they are a useless political vessel in the state they are in now.

Show me a congress that is capable of being a congress and I'll show you a president that has wronged his country.

so you vote for totalitarianism you communist.

A do nothing congress that wont do anything to bring down unemployment? Obama claims they are blocking efforts to create jobs? that's odd, isn't it Obama who is blocking the repeal of health-care? isn't health-care one of the 3 top reasons we lost jobs?

Forum List

Back