Will Obama be the Comeback Kid on Wednesday?

It seems that unless Obama totally tanks again in the next debate, MSM will invariably declare him the Comeback Kid. He only needs to do a bit better than his first debate and he will inevitably be heralded as the victor by a desperate and slavishly devoted media.

Mark my words on this.

He doesn't need to "come back", he's never been behind. He does need to neutralize Romney. That won't be hard if Romney tries to land some whoppers like he did last time.

Are we still touting the "Romney won because he lied a lot" line of bullcrap? It isn't true. Not even the press is pushing it anymore.
Every poll virtually shows Romney gaining on or surpassing Obama. Obama's campaign is in serious trouble and him getting in a snide comment or two about Romney won't change 4 years of gross incompetence and mismanagement.

It seems that unless Obama totally tanks again in the next debate, MSM will invariably declare him the Comeback Kid. He only needs to do a bit better than his first debate and he will inevitably be heralded as the victor by a desperate and slavishly devoted media.

Mark my words on this.

He doesn't need to "come back", he's never been behind. He does need to neutralize Romney. That won't be hard if Romney tries to land some whoppers like he did last time.
I don,t think romney take too many risks as he ahead nationally. Obama must be ready for romney one liners. He used it all the time on newt and rick in primarys.

I hope your right and romney can help obama out.

Mark my words on this.

Are we still touting the "Romney won because he lied a lot" line of bullcrap? It isn't true. Not even the press is pushing it anymore.
Every poll virtually shows Romney gaining on or surpassing Obama. Obama's campaign is in serious trouble and him getting in a snide comment or two about Romney won't change 4 years of gross incompetence and mismanagement.
well all i know is obama need to turn up on tuesday. if he loses another debate i am worried big time that be that.

Yes, I think Obama will try to be more aggressive in the next debate.

However, if Gov Romney remains cool and calm and answers with reasonable facts and statements, Obama will become rattled. He has never had anybody truly confront him in the three plus years since his matriculation. He'll do his little nose-up-in-the-air bit that makes him look like an angry little child who's above it all.

And, as he seem not to know how many states there area, or the size of the National Debt, or what actually went on in Libya, or any one of a thousand other things a chief executive should know, he'll get mad and show it. He'll pout and roll out the old Democrat playbook to blame everybody else but himself.

I don't think the governor has to do anything different than last time. We all know Obama will try to throw the 47% at him over and over so all he has to do is provide a factual and calm rebuttal.

:eusa_whistle:
i think obama need focus on people asking him questions and not romney. he also need to have vision for next four years and be postive but passionate as well about it

no point attacking romney too much. Rick perry tried it in cnn debate in primarys and it did not help him at all. Romney although disagree with him politically is one of best counter puncher debaters i have ever seen.

Exactly. Some one said recently that the momentum hasn't shifted to Romney because Obama had a bad ninety minutes in the first debate but because Obama has had a bad four years. The Obama campaign understood this a long time ago, that if they tried to run on Obama's record they would have a very hard time winning, so nearly their entire campaign effort was based on trying to make the election a referendum on Romney and to that end they tried to portray him as a right wing extremist, a front man for a right wing conspiracy that was out to take away Medicare, SS, etc. from the middle class for the benefit of the wealthy.

Obama tried to follow through with this tactic during the first debate, but voters believed the Mitt Romney they saw and heard was the real Mitt Romney and didn't believe the lies Obama was telling about him. If Obama tries to get tough or come out swinging, meaning to continue the failed strategy of trying to portray Romney as some one he is not, in the second debate, again, voters will believe the man they see and hear is the real Mitt Romney and again reject Obama's lies about him.

As you say, for Obama to win the debate he will have to do what he has been afraid of doing up until now, project a positive vision for the next four years that will explain how he intends to lower unemployment, grow the economy and reduce the deficits and explain why he didn't do these things until now in a believable way. This is a great deal to accomplish in 90 minutes, especially since as much as half the time may be given to foreign policy, however, if Obama has such a vision for the next four years and can explain how he intends to reach these goals in a believable way, it may not be impossible, but this would require Obama to hold himself accountable to voters, and so far he has been either unwilling or unable to do this.
He has to do thing you said president. it will not be easy. The 2008 obama primary debate peformer need to come out but with some restaint too.

The promblem deep down is he is facing one of best debaters in mitt romney i have ever seen in presidential election. He seem to hit way his opponent with sharp one liners. He did it to newt in flordia debate. To rick in the arizone debate and to rick perry back in 2011 when they went back to forth over immaigration.

Only one i can see is better then him is bill clinton who was master of the format.

So lot of pressure on the president to deliver .i worry he won,t be able to do it.

He received as the civilized nations' rebuke to George W. Bush and his nation's international policies.
doubt that be headline. Romney got less pressure then obama and is a very good debater.

Obama received one Nobel Prize based on an expectation he never fulfilled...why not another?
that is true but it came too early. nobel peace prize went to european union this week which was odd i thought

in the end deep down romney is better debater then the president and i fear that will show up again on tuesday night.

Obama - The Comeback Kid.

What A Guy.

I though the 2nd debate was on Tuesday.
well i don,t think that be headline at end of the debate. more like i fear is romney pulls further clear in election. i hope i am wrong but many liberals do fear the worst tonight.

decker, stop the concern troll nonsense. We have enough of that with NeoTroll.

This is now Romney's race to lose.

decker, stop the concern troll nonsense. We have enough of that with NeoTroll.

This is now Romney's race to lose.
i am not trolling anything. i never trolled in my life and never would. I am just being honest about where election is. I hope from liberal side things change.

They may if Obama has a super night, but I think the American voter now believes that Mitt can lead and that Mitt will subdue the portion of the GOP they blame for the Great Recession.

They may if Obama has a super night, but I think the American voter now believes that Mitt can lead and that Mitt will subdue the portion of the GOP they blame for the Great Recession.
you make a very good point. obama might have a suprt night. But in reality like bbc mark mardell said in romney in a very good position. Romney is far from loved by the gop but they dislike obama so much they vote for any conservative really.

also i doubt americans love romney that much but they feel let down by obama a lot and that might play major factor in the end result

Perhaps the greatest mistake democrats make is in imagining that someone under consideration for leadership has to be loved. Where did this come from? Are democrats really looking for a prom date no matter how big a doofus the date turns out to be?

Perhaps the greatest mistake democrats make is in imagining that someone under consideration for leadership has to be loved. Where did this come from? Are democrats really looking for a prom date no matter how big a doofus the date turns out to be?
no you are right. you do not have to love the guy to vote for him. it about voting for the best guy not who is the most likeable.

Forum List

Back