===will obama be the 1st living person to be on a u.s stamp?===

BREDNAMERICA

Aug 29, 2011
APACHE JUNCTION, ARIZONA
And should he be? He has made history in more ways then 1.--- just think, you could lick him, stick him, and send him the hell off somewhere, just for the price of a stamp. Or you could collect him and enjoy him with others. If not him, who would you want to have the honor to be the frist? I'm rooting for clint eastwood

I'm very okay with it, because somewhere, some way, a black child will realize that in spite of everything the country has experienced in the past, he is at last equal and can expect equal treatment without reservations in the world.

I believe in silver linings on clouds. For me, that's a good one.

He would be perfect. Think about it.....

The Post office is bankrupt - Obama is morally bankrupt
The Post office is corrupt - Obama is the king of Crony Capitalism and Union Corruption.
The Post office employs Lazy people - Obama is so lazy he refuses to memorize a 30 second speech and uses a teleprompter.
The Post office is run by incompetent people - Obama is incompetent.

Oh hell yeah!! Put Obama on a stamp!! Just make sure it's a $0.01 cent stamp.....a penny costs more to make than it is worth - quite fitting IMHO.

Such a stamp would certainly have newmansmatic value.

obama.jpg

Obama should be the first living american with his face plastered on rolls of toilet paper.

I'm mean, he's shit this great country down the friggin' toilet, so, it would be highly symbolic for him to wipe the ass of every american he's screwed over these last 2 3/4 years.

Why??
Is there talk of putting Obama's picture on a stamp already??
That is something that doesn't usually happen till the person has died. Why are they, or would they be, considering putting him on a stamp??
And if it's a thought about putting a living person on a stamp, I think I can think of a few others who I would like to see on a stamp more than Obama.
But no.....in all seriousness, I don't think he belongs on a stamp. I wouldn't buy them, I always buy the pretty books of stamps anyway......when I go into the post office I ask "Whatcha got in pretty ones today??" ~LoL~
And Obama isn't pretty!

He would be perfect. Think about it.....

The Post office is bankrupt - Obama is morally bankrupt
The Post office is corrupt - Obama is the king of Crony Capitalism and Union Corruption.
The Post office employs Lazy people - Obama is so lazy he refuses to memorize a 30 second speech and uses a teleprompter.
The Post office is run by incompetent people - Obama is incompetent.

Oh hell yeah!! Put Obama on a stamp!! Just make sure it's a $0.01 cent stamp.....a penny costs more to make than it is worth - quite fitting IMHO.

Not exactly..

This is one topic that many people have different ideas and thoughts about depending on who you talk too. A lot believe that it is just a made up story created through Congress. In 2006, the Postal Service first started being an institution that was required to pre fund for those future retiree health care costs. This is the only institution that has to pay those costs to this day. They now are spending around 4 to 5 billion dollars to cover those expenses. Since these costs have to be paid for, and they are a government based institution, they have to cut back on the services that they are able to provide.
US Postal Service Could Go Bankrupt This Winter | Law Offices of Lady Justice

1) Hamstringing its finances: "The postal service faces unusual limits on its ability to manage costs, such as an obligation imposed by a 2006 law to 'prefund' a large portion of its retiree healthcare plan, instead of a more typical pay-as-you-go arrangement." Newman doesn't mention that the prefunding is an accounting trick used to understate the size of the federal budget deficit.

2) Making it obsolete: "Congress has ... micromanaged the postal service through a strict set of rules governing what it can and can't do while fulfilling its mandate of universal mail service."

3) Waiting until disaster is near: "The USPS has been seeking sounder finances and greater independence for several years, yet Congress has sat on its hands to the point that default seems likely and insolvency is even possible."
Dead Tree Edition: How Congress Bankrupted the Postal Service in 3 Easy Steps

Forum List

Back