Will Obama Be Reelected?

If we look at the condition of the country at the start of the Bush and Obama admins, and the condition as they left DC, which party did a worse job overall?

I did not vote for him. If the election were tomorrow, he would win hands down.

Yeah, sure he would. Tell us again what an awful day the Republicans will have on November 2nd. Oh, wait..... :rofl:

The fact of the matter is according to recent polling if the election were held tomorrow he would be indeed be defeated by both Mitt Romney or Mike Huckabee. However, none of this matters because the election isn't tomorrow; it's two years from now. Discussions like this are really only for political posturing by people like yourself.

I'm not posturing, I'm just interested to know where people are with how Obama has done so far. If he has proved himself yet or has a long way to go.

Frankly, I hope he doesn't run for President again. He was the first Black/White President in our history and although he was wanted greatly in 2008 he is now being crucified. He made history and unless God wants him to continue as our nation's leader I hope he says GOODBYE and KMA then he and his family can live without the negativity that they are dealing with now.

At this point in time, I'd say it's fairly likely. He's got the advantage of being the incumbent (something that can be a pretty powerful, if not entirely rational, aid in an election) and while his policies are pretty divisive, he's not as horrendously unpopular as the American right makes him out to be. That said, it'll a long two years and anything can happen.

I'd give him a 65% chance or so if I were an odds-maker. I can explain why in further detail, but that's where I'm at on the chances. Intrade gives him about a 57% chance, so the betting public is slightly less bullish on his chances than I am.

Intrade also gives Romney a 23% chance of being the Republican nominee. I think it certainly higher than that.

Any person with a brain hopes he won't!

One hopes you're a troll and not so hopelessly convinced of your beliefs that you'd assert that all people who disagree with you are unintelligent.

If the election were held today, certainly not. The left is pretty fed up with his stances on "homeland security" as of late. But a lot can change in two years. A lot will depend on what crackhead the elephant pulls out of its butt

Obama is a True Believer. No way he moves to the middle. He will just use unelected agency heads to get his shit enforced.

Obama seems to be ruling by decree. There is no telling what depths he will go to, in order to stay in power and control. Redistribution of wealth is his goal and he will stop at nothing to take from the makers to give to the takers. He is unprincipled and unethical and anti-America. He sees the Constitution as a charter of negative liberties and that attitude will guide him. He has to maintain his sense of importance and doesn't care that most traditional Americans see that as..impotence.

Whether he will win in `12 depends upon the economy and how the voters view the opposing nominee.

so by "takers," you mean Corporate America?

Presidential Memorandum--Aviation Insurance Coverage | The White House

No idea. I dont even know if he is running again. Probably is running, but its still early.

I'd say the only candidate who has a decent shot is either Mitt Romney or Chris Christie. Anyone else will most likely lose

Based on 76 years of history, it is likely that Obama will win reelection, 71% likely in fact. In that time frame 14 presidents have ran for a second term, and only four (Hoover,Ford,Carter, & Bush I) lost their bids.

Couple this history with the fact that the average American is an idiot, and the POS is reelected.

He's unquestionably a better campaigner than president. It'll depend on largely on his opponent and their baggage. If it's, say, Sarah Palin, he'll win (or Newt Gingrich for that matter). If it's one of the serious, more establishment Republicans (i.e. Romney), it'll be close. If it's someone fresher, or different (ie a Patreus or a Rubio) he might get destroyed. Still a long way to go.

You know the funny thing is that Sarah Palin runs the most energetic part of the Republican party right now, but then probably more non-crazy Republicans are gonna vote than in the midterms. If she gets elected it'll basically be a magnified re-run of the Angle-Reid one. The other main 2 candidates have their problems, basically Romney is going to be incredibly easy to totally shred in the primaries if Health Care is still the primary object of contempt from Republicans. Huckabee is, well, too boring. There's also that thing about the crazy killer he pardoned who then went on to murder some all-American family, or something like that. He's ultimately probably better off at Fox anyway.

In either which case it will also ultimately just depend on the economy. If it turns around (HIGHLY unlikely) Obama will slam-dunk it. It it stays the same or worsens (most likely) then the Obama and his merry Democrats will fall into total electoral oblivion for the ensuing 4-8 years (unless its Sarah Palin or some other equally ridiculous candidate).

Now what I would find very interesting to see is if Palin gets the nomination, with the economy still in the toilet, I could see it likely for a strong third party candidate (ie basically Micheal Bloomberg) to run and then it would get interesting. Anything that shakes things up is interesting, and a 3-way race is something I haven't yet seen in my lifetime (was way too young in 92 and 96). Who knows who he'd take more votes from and it could be a close 3-way, that would be fun. Not like he's great or anything (a hawk on war and budgets but socially liberal in almost everything else), I'm just speaking objectively.

Either way, whatever, it'll be on every channel, it'll be on cable, it'll be on the internet, every small piece of minutiae for months to come. It'll be fun, if tragically so, as usual.

I voted for Obama but he was not my first choice. Kucinich was -- and still is.

Whether or not Obama is re-elected will depend on what happens during the next two years and on who his opponent is. But I have the clear impression that Obama really doesn't care if he's re-elected or not because he has reached the pinnacle of political power and now is interested in getting on with his future in the world of commerce.

I believe Obama's campaign was sponsored by the banking and finance industries and that he has no wish to offend the shadow government they represent, which is why he has retained the infrastructure of the Bush Administration and why he has protected the Bush Crime Family against any effort to investigate their activities or prosecute them. It is why Democrats who don't wish to face reality accuse Obama of being "weak" and "gutless" when in fact he is neither. He is calculating and methodical and he knows exactly what he's doing.

Briefly stated, Obama's main concern is what is best for Obama.

I wonder if a politician who actually stands up for the people could ever get elected. Russ Feingold, anyone?

If we look at the condition of the country at the start of the Bush and Obama admins, and the condition as they left DC, which party did a worse job overall?
We'll need to wait for the end of Obama's term(s) to know the answer.

What we know thus far is Bush assumed Office with a projected surplus and relative economic stability. During his terms in Office we sustained a major terrorist attack in spite of numerous and highly specific warnings, he manipulated us into invading and occupying a virtually defenseless and non-threatening nation, he committed us to a costly, long term, wholly unnecessary military engagement in Afghanistan, his incompetent management resulted in the worst natural disaster in our history, his barbaric diplomatic posture has earned us the contempt of the world and his recklessly wasteful spending transformed an economic surplus into an unprecedented deficit.

I did not vote for him. If the election were tomorrow, he would win hands down. What happens in 23 months is something else. Who knows?

Starkey, As usual you're full of malarkey.

You are an obvious Obamarrhoidal LIEberTURD idiot who has a distorted view of REALITY.

Granted the removal of the EXPOSED MONUMENTAL Stone Cold MARXIST Obamadinejad won't occur with the expected landslide. However, clearly, the POS Political Charlatan will be thrown out of the WH on his semi-black arse sure as the sun will rise tomorrow in the morn.

Who out there believes that Obama will be reelected? And if you voted for him last time will you do it again and why?

Will Obama be relected?

Depends on what happens between now and then and WHO the Republicans run against him, I expect.

Would I vote for him again?

Depends on what happens between now and then and WHO the Republicans run against him.

Forum List

Back