Will Notre Dame win BCS title?

Will Notre Dame win the BCS title?

• yes

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • no

Votes: 18 90.0%

• Total voters
As far as I know, ND NEVER plays 1-AA teams (excuse me FCS) and outside of Navy and another mid/low level FBS team usually has a decently challenging schedule and that will likely continue

As for the SEC, I think those teams schedule the cupcakes because of the brutal SEC schedule in itself. So, I understand why they would do that but in doing so, 2 SEC teams don't belong in the BCS title game unless there are no other BCS teams with the same or better record.
What the hell are you talking about?

I'll pick two random years, to prove you wrong!

Here's their 2005 schedule...

Look at those teams, every one, is a Division 1 school.

Here's their 2002 schedule...

Look at those teams, half their schedule is against ranked teams.

Saying ND plays a light schedule, is like saying Romney doesn't lie!

You cherry picked two seasons.
Lets be honest here, in the last 12 bowl games the Irish are 2 wins and ten loses. That ain't pretty. Even Obama can't defend that piss poor performance.

Western Kentucky, Florida Atlantic and Western Carolina is a demanding schedule? Alabama should be ashamed of itself for scheduling such teams when there are some real football teams out there to play. I hold little respect for a team that schedules puff teams to pad their overall record.

When the schedule was written playing Michigan, Arkansas, LSU, TN, Missouri, Texas A&M, and Auburn was considered a very tough schedule.

Wait a minute...every team you mentioned is a member of the SEC except Michigan. If all you got is one tough non-conference team, you and flowing tide don't belong in the BCS title game when they play such a puff non-conference schedule.

Don't you get tired of watching year after year games that Alabama runs up the scores on teams like Western Kentucky, Florida Atlantic and Western Carolina just to pad their record and impress the media? Where is the challenge in those kind of games?

Because it is cheating the fans not to do so all the top team should schedule non conference games with other top teams and the powder puff games should be restricted.

Since our conference (especially the western div) has few powder puff teams, I don't have a problem playing the ones fronm out of the conference.

And those powder puffs often surprise you. Look at what Appalachian State did a few years ago or UL Monroe did this year.

As far as I know, ND NEVER plays 1-AA teams (excuse me FCS) and outside of Navy and another mid/low level FBS team usually has a decently challenging schedule and that will likely continue

As for the SEC, I think those teams schedule the cupcakes because of the brutal SEC schedule in itself. So, I understand why they would do that but in doing so, 2 SEC teams don't belong in the BCS title game unless there are no other BCS teams with the same or better record.
What the hell are you talking about?

I'll pick two random years, to prove you wrong!

Here's their 2005 schedule...

Look at those teams, every one, is a Division 1 school.

Here's their 2002 schedule...

Look at those teams, half their schedule is against ranked teams.

Saying ND plays a light schedule, is like saying Romney doesn't lie!

You think those were tough - in 1989 - ND played about 8 ranked teams - 6 in the top 10 at the time - and went 12-1. The loss was at Miami.

You cherry picked two seasons.
Lets be honest here, in the last 12 bowl games the Irish are 2 wins and ten loses. That ain't pretty. Even Obama can't defend that piss poor performance.
Those are bowl games. The issue was, "Do they play a soft schedule?", not how well they do in bowl games. The two seasons I picked, are pretty typical of their schedule.

The Fighting Irish have the best defense in college football. They've been kicking everyone's ass.

They will kick Sooner butt next weekend.

They will kick SC ass for their final regular season game.

If they go undefeated, will they play (and defeat) Alabama for the BCS title?

I believe you are wrong BYU almost beat the Irish and BYU is not even rated, OU lost to the #3 team in the nation. Sooners will stiffle Irish offense and score at least 25 points to stop the drunk Irish and the national title dreams.

I believe you are wrong BYU almost beat the Irish and BYU is not even rated, OU lost to the #3 team in the nation. Sooners will stiffle Irish offense and score at least 25 points to stop the drunk Irish and the national title dreams.
BYU was a sandwich game. ND didn't have their starting QB and they were looking ahead to the Sooner game. They let their focus down in the first have, but came back in the 2nd.

The Irish rose up against Stanford and they'll do the same against the Sooners.

Who are the Lakers?

Isn't there a Hockey team from the upper midwest named the Lakers or something?
The Lakers are the essence to life itself. They are the yin and the yang. They are the Iching. They are what God did on his 7th day of rest. Creation did not start with Adam and Eve. It started with Jerry West and Elgin Baylor.

ND will lose to OU by at least 3 TD's.

However, if they end up with only 2 losses I could see them getting into a BCS game because they are ND

Boy was I wrong, Impressive win by ND.

Looks like USC might be the only ones to stop them.

Watch out for BC, don't want a repeat of '93!
This game is like morphine to me. It helps me numb the pain of the Lakers playing 8 games and not winning any of them.

I think mid and lower level teams are getting better nowadays, look at the MAC, they are having a great season as a conference
I'm on a cloud right now with Notre Dame. I didn't expect them to be that dominating against the Sooners. SC is an entirely different story though. They're our arch-enemy. As the saying goes, "It doesn't matter if we lose every game, as long as we beat SC in the end."

Unfortunately for the Irish, Barkley is a lot better than Landry. After that, it will be whomever is the last team standing in the SEC to finish it off.

Good for the Irish ... Still unlikely they get in the bcs championship if they go undefeated

Last edited:

Forum List

Back