Will Notre Dame win BCS title?

Will Notre Dame win the BCS title?

• yes

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • no

Votes: 18 90.0%

• Total voters
ND will lose to OU by at least 3 TD's.

However, if they end up with only 2 losses I could see them getting into a BCS game because they are ND

If ND losses two games this year you may see them drop playing those teams in favor of playing a couple more puff teams like FAMU or Tennessee Tech.

However, if they end up with only 2 losses I could see them getting into a BCS game because they are ND

If ND losses two games this year you may see them drop playing those teams in favor of playing a couple more puff teams like FAMU or Tennessee Tech.
Why would they drop a team they've beaten 8 out of 9 times?

ND is always an emotional favorite but often play a less demanding schedule. The more challenging schedules are today found in SEC conference play. Alabama has the next three games to prove they are title worthy, as these will be the most demanding games of the season for them. Florida got off to a slow start this year but have shown that they are no longer just a fourth quarter team. Barring Alabama, the Gators are the most likely to finish number 1 this year.

ND is always an emotional favorite but often play a less demanding schedule. The more challenging schedules are today found in SEC conference play. Alabama has the next three games to prove they are title worthy, as these will be the most demanding games of the season for them. Florida got off to a slow start this year but have shown that they are no longer just a fourth quarter team. Barring Alabama, the Gators are the most likely to finish number 1 this year.

Mississippi St is not a very demanding game in my opinion.

I have to agree, but they will be fighting hard to preserve their ranking. LSU however has the week off and a grudge to settle with Alabama. Miss St. coud set the stage for LSU. Even if Alabama survives, Texas A&M have a quaterback that promises to give them problems. If nothing else, it will make for some great football.

ND is kind of like the Harlem Globetrotters of college football. :lol:

No, MS State is not a very demanding game for most. But every team has a game that they look forward to and play their best in. Typically, MS State does that against Alabama. They have played us tough every year for a while.

But I think Bama has the pieces in place to get to, and win, the BCS Championship. We have the same traditional Alabama smash-mouth defense (#1 in the nation is most categories), a very solid running game that wears defenses out, and we don't make many mistakes or turnovers.

What is different is that this year we have a solid passing attack as well. A.J. McCarron doesn't have Geno Smith's stats (or his losses). But he has thrown for 1,500 yards and 16 touchdowns without a single interception.

To defend against the Tide's run game you have to stack the box. Do that and McCarron will score with his arm. Defend against the pass and Lacy & Yeldon will run you over.

By the 4th quarter the opposing defense will be exhausted.

As far as I know, ND NEVER plays 1-AA teams (excuse me FCS) and outside of Navy and another mid/low level FBS team usually has a decently challenging schedule and that will likely continue

As for the SEC, I think those teams schedule the cupcakes because of the brutal SEC schedule in itself. So, I understand why they would do that but in doing so, 2 SEC teams don't belong in the BCS title game unless there are no other BCS teams with the same or better record.

No, MS State is not a very demanding game for most. But every team has a game that they look forward to and play their best in. Typically, MS State does that against Alabama. They have played us tough every year for a while.

But I think Bama has the pieces in place to get to, and win, the BCS Championship. We have the same traditional Alabama smash-mouth defense (#1 in the nation is most categories), a very solid running game that wears defenses out, and we don't make many mistakes or turnovers.

What is different is that this year we have a solid passing attack as well. A.J. McCarron doesn't have Geno Smith's stats (or his losses). But he has thrown for 1,500 yards and 16 touchdowns without a single interception.

To defend against the Tide's run game you have to stack the box. Do that and McCarron will score with his arm. Defend against the pass and Lacy & Yeldon will run you over.

I'm curious to see how Montgomery and Mingo will handle Alabama's offense. Keep in mind that Minter has been off the charts in his play and that LSU will not only be rested but motivated after their 21-0 title loss to the Tide. If Alabama survives the next 3 weeks, they deserve the title. My bet however is that they will not finish the season undefeated and will not finish number 1.

I'm curious to see how Montgomery and Mingo will handle Alabama's offense. Keep in mind that Minter has been off the charts in his play and that LSU will not only be rested but motivated after their 21-0 title loss to the Tide. If Alabama survives the next 3 weeks, they deserve the title. My bet however is that they will not finish the season undefeated and will not finish number 1.

LSU's defense has looked great and iffy in places this season. I agree that they will be motivated because of the BCS Championship game. But that will only get them going at the beginning. That sort of aggression is not sustainable.

I am betting that some quick passes and our running game will change their defensive schemes. Saban & Co are not known for being unprepared.

The SEC always has challenging schedules because the conference is just loaded with corn-fed homegrowns that got nothing else to do except play football. It's a religion in that part of the world.

But you're wrong about ND's schedule being less demanding. They play Michigan and SC every year. This year, they got Stanford and the Sooners. They always play a tough schedule.

As far as I know, ND NEVER plays 1-AA teams (excuse me FCS) and outside of Navy and another mid/low level FBS team usually has a decently challenging schedule and that will likely continue

As for the SEC, I think those teams schedule the cupcakes because of the brutal SEC schedule in itself. So, I understand why they would do that but in doing so, 2 SEC teams don't belong in the BCS title game unless there are no other BCS teams with the same or better record.
What the hell are you talking about?

I'll pick two random years, to prove you wrong!

Here's their 2005 schedule...

Look at those teams, every one, is a Division 1 school.

Here's their 2002 schedule...

Look at those teams, half their schedule is against ranked teams.

Saying ND plays a light schedule, is like saying Romney doesn't lie!

Western Kentucky, Florida Atlantic and Western Carolina is a demanding schedule? Alabama should be ashamed of itself for scheduling such teams when there are some real football teams out there to play. I hold little respect for a team that schedules puff teams to pad their overall record.

What the hell are you talking about?

I'll pick two random years, to prove you wrong!

Here's their 2005 schedule...

Look at those teams, every one, is a Division 1 school.

Here's their 2002 schedule...

Look at those teams, half their schedule is against ranked teams.

Saying ND plays a light schedule, is like saying Romney doesn't lie!

Huh?

I must not have typed my post clearly enough.

I said that ND NEVER PLAY 1-AA TEAMS,

I also said that ND has a decently challenging schedule every year.

I agree with you.

Western Kentucky, Florida Atlantic and Western Carolina is a demanding schedule? Alabama should be ashamed of itself for scheduling such teams when there are some real football teams out there to play. I hold little respect for a team that schedules puff teams to pad their overall record.

When the schedule was written playing Michigan, Arkansas, LSU, TN, Missouri, Texas A&M, and Auburn was considered a very tough schedule.

When the schedule was written playing Michigan, Arkansas, LSU, TN, Missouri, Texas A&M, and Auburn was considered a very tough schedule.

Wait a minute...every team you mentioned is a member of the SEC except Michigan. If all you got is one tough non-conference team, you and flowing tide don't belong in the BCS title game when they play such a puff non-conference schedule.

Don't you get tired of watching year after year games that Alabama runs up the scores on teams like Western Kentucky, Florida Atlantic and Western Carolina just to pad their record and impress the media? Where is the challenge in those kind of games?

Because it is cheating the fans not to do so all the top team should schedule non conference games with other top teams and the powder puff games should be restricted.

Forum List

Back