Will Michael Cohen's Testimony Before Congress Effect the Trump Presidency?

caddo kid

Gold Member
Aug 15, 2018
Michael Cohen is scheduled to testify before Congress next week.

Cohen attorney Lanny Davis promises Cohen will spill the beans on Trump.
“He will pull the curtain back and we will hear true stories of Trump’s complicity in crimes, and his immoral, bigoted, and morally vacant character in specific, detailed personal anecdotes,” Davis said of his client’s upcoming testimony, according to former White House counsel John Dean, who appeared on Anderson Cooper 360 on Wednesday. “I think he’s a powerful witness,” Dean said. “He’s been with the president for a long time. He knows his business practices … I think he is potentially a very dangerous witness for the president.”

Michael Cohen Will ‘Pull Back the Curtain’ on Trump During Testimony – Rolling Stone

I wonder if Cohen's testimony will adversely effect the current presidency, and if so, to what degree?

I believe Cohen's testimony could have serious implications for Trump, and for the US political landscape.

The title should have "affect" not "effect"

That said, what happens happens. I would not throw stones if I was Cohen

Trump will call him a liar and the Trumpbots will simply believe him. We have seen it all before.

None what-so-ever for us that subscribe to Tip O'Neill's belief that, "all politics are local" in that politicians must appeal to the simple, mundane and everyday concerns of those who elect them into office.

Edit: after writing the above I began to miss old Tip. Thought of this fond memory.

Last edited:

With Cohens record of lies, I'd be hard pressed to believe him if he said the sky was blue, and grass green

“He will pull the curtain back and we will hear true stories of Trump’s complicity in crimes, and his immoral, bigoted, and morally vacant character in specific, detailed personal anecdotes,” Davis said of his client’s upcoming testimony, according to former White House counsel John Dean, who appeared on Anderson Cooper 360 on Wednesday. “I think he’s a powerful witness,” Dean said. “He’s been with the president for a long time. He knows his business practices … I think he is potentially a very dangerous witness for the president.”

Michael Cohen Will ‘Pull Back the Curtain’ on Trump During Testimony – Rolling Stone

I wonder if Cohen's testimony will adversely effect the current presidency, and if so, to what degree?

I believe Cohen's testimony could have serious implications for Trump, and for the US political landscape.

Doubtful.

Hope Hicks and her testimony to the Mueller team? That may be the real bullet. She was there from the beginning and probably was granted industrial strength immunity.

Stone and Jerome Corsi also.

Cohen was on the outside looking in as far as governmental affairs went. As for other affairs? LOL.

It may tell us a lot about the state of the Mueller investigation. Cohen will not be able to talk about any investigations that are ongoing. If he refuses to answer...that part of the investigation is not complete

If there was anything at all to what Cohen has said, one of Muerller's dutiful little thralls would have leaked it to one of their media toadies already.
Lanny Davis always looks like the cat that ate the canary when he's on TV, I'm sure that Mueller has a few goodies on Trump thanks to Cohen. I was hoping that since Cohen was Trump's lawyer that atty-client privilege would keep Trump protected.
Dershowitz on Cohen: If This Were Hillary Clinton, ACLU Would Freak Out At "Overzealous" Mueller

Hell no. Trump and his supporters are shameless and they are going to vote in 2020. Are we?

Michael Cohen will accuse Trump of engaging in criminal activity in the months before the 2016 election

Trump paid off some whores.

Who cares? At least he wasn't patrolling the bath houses of Chicago with Rahmbo Emanuel getting blowjobs from old white men.

If you're looking for perfect humans to run for high political office, you're going to be very disappointed.

dimocrap scum -- All they got is hate.

Rick Scott just offered Amazon a proposal to move to Florida. After Donkey Chompers Cortex, Bezos should consider it.

Or not. We're already over-crowded down here.

I didn't think dimocrap scum could become more of a laughing stock than they already were but calling in a disgraced, dishonest liar to testify against POTUS???

dimocrap filth are gonna pay for this in 2020. I called 2016 and I'm calling this one.

Biggest election route in American History coming your way dimocrap scum. It's already decided

Count on it.

Na.

Oh yeah, Cohen was a real humdinger! How did Trump survive that one? It was like the atom bomb of testimony!

Nope.

Forum List

Back