Will McCain Vote "No"?

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
Dick Morris thinks he should:

"Trailing six points in Rasmussen's poll, having fallen four points since he suspended his campaign last week, the question for John McCain is: Haven't you learned anything?

His failure to do much of anything in Washington, after teasing the whole country and riveting their attention on him by suspending his campaign, has let the voters down -- and they are turning away from McCain.

But there is still time for him to make his move. The House Republicans bought McCain another shot by turning down the $750 billion bailout package on Monday. With no House vote scheduled until Thursday, McCain still has time to do the right thing.

He should publicly announce his support for the House Republican alternative package of insurance, loans and tax changes to deal with the financial crisis. He should attack Barack Obama and the Democrats for supporting the use of tax money for a massive bailout when the same purpose can be accomplished by other, cheaper means. McCain should draw a line in the sand and take a firm position."

Full story here

hmmmm wouldn't that be seen as yet again changing direction? he went back to washington to help broker this deal of the 700 Billion dollar bailout (nay rescue plan as he thinks it should be presented).

He came out publically and said he was disappointed it didn't pass and that BOTH parties needed to work to get it passed.

how would he look if he suddenly changed course now and took a completely different approach? Pretty stupid IMO.

He'd look like a follower and not a leader. Hell he already followed Obama's lead on the increase in FDIC insurance amount yesterday

But in effect silence, both of them are voting with George W. Bush. Does that go against Obama claims that McCain votes 90% of the time with the worst president. If Bush had failed economic policies, will this bailout be one of them? The cronies calling for this bailout was appointed by George W. Bush. The ones getting bailout is Wall Street which is supported by 2/3 Democrats and 1/3 Republicans and the President and the Wall Street Watchdogs.

Last edited:
But in effect silence, both of them are voting with George W. Bush. Does that go against Obama claims that McCain votes 90% of the time with the worst president. If Bush had failed economic policies, will this bailout be one of them?

yes, it means both are voting with Bush. I believe in the need for the plan so I have no problem with Obama voting in favor of it.

Only time will tell if it'll be a failure. I don't condemn it outright before it has a chance to work though. I don't think we can get much worse off than we have been under Bush.

did you read the bailout proposal or even look at it? I did. There are protections in there for taxpayers and homeowners and there are restrictions on CEOs and there are multiple committees in charge of oversight.

Last edited:
But in effect silence, both of them are voting with George W. Bush. Does that go against Obama claims that McCain votes 90% of the time with the worst president. If Bush had failed economic policies, will this bailout be one of them? The cronies calling for this bailout was appointed by George W. Bush. The ones getting bailout is Wall Street which is supported by 2/3 Democrats and 1/3 Republicans and the President and the Wall Street Watchdogs.

Obama is going to toss his opposition to everything Bush does out the window ? He's been quite proud of that in the past. Runs his whole campaign on the fact that he's not like Bush in fact. What happened ?

hmmmm wouldn't that be seen as yet again changing direction? he went back to washington to help broker this deal of the 700 Billion dollar bailout (nay rescue plan as he thinks it should be presented).

He came out publically and said he was disappointed it didn't pass and that BOTH parties needed to work to get it passed.

how would he look if he suddenly changed course now and took a completely different approach? Pretty stupid IMO.

He'd look like a follower and not a leader. Hell he already followed Obama's lead on the increase in FDIC insurance amount yesterday

Perhaps the same way Obama looked when he changed directions on:

1. Debating anytime, anywhere.
2. Campaign Finance.
3. FISA.
4. Gun Control.
5. Pre conditions.
6. Taxes.
7. Off shore drilling.

The popularity of a non tax payer financed plan would out weigh the risks. I predicted McCain would do this 10 days ago. I've got my fingers crossed. If he doesn't do it I think he may still win but it will be much tougher for him if he is voting the same as Bush, Obama, Pelosi, Franks and Reid.

Forum List

Back