Will Lynch Snub The White House Again?

Now the NFL has threatened to penalize the Seahawks 15 yards if Lynch puts his hand on his crotch area when crossing the goal line.

Marshawn Lynch has made possibly two of the most spectacular runs in an NFL football game both accented by Marshawn putting his hand on his private parts when entering the end zone accompanied by a back flip of sorts.

The NFL has shown the runs for their own purposes and included the goal line celebration.

My problem with the effort to penalize Lynch for his choice of celebration is that professional baseball players grab their privates frequently when standing at or near the batter's box. The public has seen this behavior many thousands of times watching baseball.

The NFL is picking on Lynch unfairly for his grab thing.

^^^^
Sounds like Huggy wants Lynch to grab his crotch......(didn't know you were going to the game, Huggy .....:lol:).

I'm not.

Don't even go to Seahawks home games anymore. Too loud..they took away the smoking area.

TV coverage has gotten so good that there is no reason to go. As long as we don't get blacked out I see no real reason to go.

I heard the Seahawks have a restraining order against you since they found you in the shower with Lynch. That's why you don't go to Seahawk games.

WOW! Thanks for sharing. I hadn't really put much thought into what you think about but that was helpful.

It's nice to "flesh out" the anonymous users here at USMB. It gives us a better idea to whom we are communicating.

Marshawn Lynch is getting pretty nuts over media interviews and the color of his game shoes and that crotch grabbing thing.

It was all funny and shit last season but now the fines are mounting up near a million bucks.

Thats a butt load of money he could have spent on the kids of his old hood.

If the Hawks win next Sunday will Marshawn snub the president AGAIN?

Word Beastmode! Grow the fuck up!
The man is simply deathly afraid of speaking in public, that's all

He must also be deathly deathly afraid of misplacing his package, too.
Marshawn Lynch is, quite simply, a JACKASS. A good, tough football player, but still a king size JACKASS.
I believe the majority I played with for several years acted the same....way....except for the 5-10 year old little leagues...

Now the NFL has threatened to penalize the Seahawks 15 yards if Lynch puts his hand on his crotch area when crossing the goal line.

Marshawn Lynch has made possibly two of the most spectacular runs in an NFL football game both accented by Marshawn putting his hand on his private parts when entering the end zone accompanied by a back flip of sorts.

The NFL has shown the runs for their own purposes and included the goal line celebration.

My problem with the effort to penalize Lynch for his choice of celebration is that professional baseball players grab their privates frequently when standing at or near the batter's box. The public has seen this behavior many thousands of times watching baseball.

^^^^
Sounds like Huggy wants Lynch to grab his crotch......(didn't know you were going to the game, Huggy .....:lol:).

I'm not.

Don't even go to Seahawks home games anymore. Too loud..they took away the smoking area.

TV coverage has gotten so good that there is no reason to go. As long as we don't get blacked out I see no real reason to go.

I heard the Seahawks have a restraining order against you since they found you in the shower with Lynch. That's why you don't go to Seahawk games.

WOW! Thanks for sharing. I hadn't really put much thought into what you think about but that was helpful.

It's nice to "flesh out" the anonymous users here at USMB. It gives us a better idea to whom we are communicating.

Hey I thought I should alert the board on what a nut case you are for the Seahawk players.

^^^^

I'm not.

Hey I thought I should alert the board on what a nut case you are for the Seahawk players.

Thanks!

You think I'm Coo Coo For Co Co Puffs now just wait till my Hawks win on Sunday.

THEN we will have something! A chance at setting some NFL HISTORY with a THREE PEAT!!

If the Seahawks get past Brady and Belichick ....NEXT season I will certainly be a babbling puddle of mush!

I feel pretty calm about this Super Bowl. Pretty confident. I really like how we match up against Brady and his weapons.

I can sense from the players on both sides how they feel about it. The Patriots look nervous. They look like a team that has got caught and deserves a whoopin! The Seahawks are loose and relaxed...but not too relaxed. Gronkowski especially looks worried. So does Brady. The Patriot Defense speaks fearfully of Lynch and Wilson. The Hawks look like they belong on this stage again. It is a reward to them for discovering whatever it was 7-9 games ago and manning up as a team and making it right.

If I had an extra thou I would put it on the Seahawks in a heartbeat. In fact NOW would be a good time to bet on a three peat.

I'm still concerned about Lynch not wanting to meet Obama. I think that is foolish. Down the line he will become more mature and regret he missed this opportunity.

^^^^

I'm not.

Thanks!

You think I'm Coo Coo For Co Co Puffs now just wait till my Hawks win on Sunday.

THEN we will have something! A chance at setting some NFL HISTORY with a THREE PEAT!!

If the Seahawks get past Brady and Belichick ....NEXT season I will certainly be a babbling puddle of mush!

I feel pretty calm about this Super Bowl. Pretty confident. I really like how we match up against Brady and his weapons.

I can sense from the players on both sides how they feel about it. The Patriots look nervous. They look like a team that has got caught and deserves a whoopin! The Seahawks are loose and relaxed...but not too relaxed. Gronkowski especially looks worried. So does Brady. The Patriot Defense speaks fearfully of Lynch and Wilson. The Hawks look like they belong on this stage again. It is a reward to them for discovering whatever it was 7-9 games ago and manning up as a team and making it right.

If I had an extra thou I would put it on the Seahawks in a heartbeat. In fact NOW would be a good time to bet on a three peat.

I'm still concerned about Lynch not wanting to meet Obama. I think that is foolish. Down the line he will become more mature and regret he missed this opportunity.

Whether a person chooses to meet a President or not is not a big deal to me. It would be nice, and I met the first President Bush, but We didn't talk over world policy, just hi, nice to meet you sort of thing, no big deal. The trip to Washington DC and being in the White House would mean more to me.

As far being a "babbling puddle of mush" you are already there. ;)

Lynch exposed how simple minded Seattle is on media day. They don't have a chance with attitude like that.

Lynch will be out of Seattle after this season, is skill set is diminishing, cap room is tightening.

Lynch is just a prima donna athlete, the league is filled with these idiots.

I was disappointed when Seattle signed the jerk, jerk then, jerk now, nothing has changed.

Lynch's skill set is diminishing? He is running for 4.7 ypc this year second only to his 5.0 ypc in 2012. He has had the fewest carries this year than in any season in the past four years but has more yards and TDs than in any of those previous four seasons. He had career highs this year in receptions, receiving yards and scored just as many receiving TDs this year than the previous three years combined and put up career high stats this year for yards per reception.

Now his cap hit explodes to over $8 million next year so he might become a casualty of the cap, but it has nothing to do with a "diminishing skill set"

Marshawn Lynch Stats - Seattle Seahawks - ESPN

Lynch will be out of Seattle after this season, is skill set is diminishing, cap room is tightening.

I was disappointed when Seattle signed the jerk, jerk then, jerk now, nothing has changed.

Lynch's skill set is diminishing? He is running for 4.7 ypc this year second only to his 5.0 ypc in 2012. He has had the fewest carries this year than in any season in the past four years but has more yards and TDs than in any of those previous four seasons. He had career highs this year in receptions, receiving yards and scored just as many receiving TDs this year than the previous three years combined and put up career high stats this year for yards per reception.

Now his cap hit explodes to over $8 million next year so he might become a casualty of the cap, but it has nothing to do with a "diminishing skill set"

This is his last good season, he is already beyond the life span of a good running back.

He is done, RBs skill sets decline rapidly, it is very physical. He will go to another team and that will be that, he will never achieve what he has achieved this year or last.

This is his last good season, he is already beyond the life span of a good running back.

He is done, RBs skill sets decline rapidly, it is very physical. He will go to another team and that will be that, he will never achieve what he has achieved this year or last.

He is in his 8th season. He is 28. He has more games behind him than ahead of him for sure. Depends on what happens. Seattle is very creative with their cap. They have the cap space to give extensions to Wilson, Wagner, Maxwell, and Lynch BUT it would require a longer commitment to Lynch than the Seahawks probably want to make. If they sign all four of those guys to five year extensions that are backloaded (as they always are) they can probably squeak them all in but now you are talking about Lynch playing past the age of 30 and usually when a player hits 30 Carroll gets rid of them.

If something like that happened I think Lynch could be productive for two more seasons in Seattle's system. In another system, I would probably agree with you that he will not put up similar numbers.

Lynch exposed how simple minded Seattle is on media day. They don't have a chance with attitude like that.

You sure offer a lame viewpoint. Lynch isn't like any other player on our team or any other for that matter. But when he gets the ball he is the most dangerous RB in the NFL. I don't care a whip what Lynch does to screw around with the media and neither does Carroll. Any team would love to have a guy that runs that hard on their team. We are lucky he plays for us. He used to be a trouble maker when he played for the Bills but for some reason he has calmed down and just clowns around with the reporters and the NFL management. Not a bad trade for what he does on the field. I will gladly have him play another year and finish his contract as a Seahawk.

Lynch leads the NFL in TDs for the time he has been a Seahawk by a HUGE margin and he had NO drop off this season. That criticism is ridiculous.

Actually Seattle's attitude is one of the main reasons why they are defending champions and why they are in the Super Bowl defending that title. On media day I noticed how often Seattle players said how important it was to play for their team mates. Seattle plays in such a way that they don't have a sense of personal entitlement...they owe it to the rest of the team to play their best and their hardest.

What you never see on the Seahawks sideline is finger-pointing and blaming. Against Green Bay you never saw the defense getting pissed off because they had to bail out the offense yet again. On a lot of teams you will see that; players on one side of the ball getting on players on the other side. You never saw the Seahawks defense saying "damn it Wilson how many times do we have to bail you out?" It was "ok we're up and we know what we have to do. Let's go do it".

When New England beat St. Louis for their first title I remember the Rams players being introduced one by one and then when the Patriots were introduced the announcer said "Ladies and gentlemen, the Patriots have elected to be introduced as a team...presenting the AFC Champion New England Patriots" and right there I turned to my wife and said "St. Louis is fucked."

Seattle has the precise attitude to win a championship...that's why they are the defending champions and that's why they are still playing football where 30 other teams aren't.

Marshawn Lynch is getting pretty nuts over media interviews and the color of his game shoes and that crotch grabbing thing.

It was all funny and shit last season but now the fines are mounting up near a million bucks.

Thats a butt load of money he could have spent on the kids of his old hood.

If the Hawks win next Sunday will Marshawn snub the president AGAIN?

Word Beastmode! Grow the fuck up!

Yep, Marshawn Lynch is spending a butt load money on fines but he makes a butt load of money.

Lynch might be dumb as a fox. The biggest stories in Phoenix this week are deflategate and Lynch's fines. Lynch's Q Score has shot thru the roof and his Q Score will most likely follow him for years & years after he retires -- as the stick it to the man, non-conformist, us against the world ad-man for... fill in the blank .

Speaking of Q Score, Lynch's jersey is moving up the popularity chart and is now the 15th most popular jersey in NFL jersey sales.

15. Marshawn Lynch
thumb.aspx

Lynch is a charitable person and probably doesn't give a rip about being fined since the NFL gives the money they fine coaches and players to charity. Lynch sponsors the 'Fam 1st Family Foundation', a charitable foundation to build self-esteem and academic learning skills in underprivileged youth.

Marshawn Lynch is the smartest active NFL player that starts on either offense...

Marshawn Lynch is the smartest active NFL player that starts on either offense or defense. Not only that, but Marshawn Lynch is more intelligent than both Barack Obama and Thomas Edison. Do you think I'm joking? I'm not.

Lynch scored a 42/50 on the Wonderlic intelligence test. A score of 20 is consistent with average intelligence. To convert a Woderlic score to IQ, double the value and add 60. This means Lynch has an IQ of 144.

<snip>

Here are the Wonderlic scores for other relevant NFL stars:
Aaron Rodgers - 35
Tom Brady - 33
Drew Brees - 28
Peyton Manning - 28
Frank Gore - 6

Marshawn Lynch is literally classified as a genius. His recent activities during the Super Bowl media week confirm this. He is managing to simultaneously gain attention (good for endorsements) without providing the media anything to take out of context.

I don't know if I can believe Lynch is as smart as this article says he is but he's certainly got an interesting strategy for getting endorsements and-----and it seems to be working!

Marshawn finally opens up...

Marshawn Lynch: 'What are y'all here for?

By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The NFL Editor

<snip>

In a fascinating five-minute sitdown that included one soliloquy, minutes of awkward silence, and lots of shout outs, Lynch spoke honestly of his difficulty dealing with all the attention this week.

I mean all week, I done told y'all what's up. And for some reason y'all continue to come back and do the same thing," Lynch said. "I don't know what story y'all trying to get out of me. I don't know what image y'all trying to portray of me, but it don't matter what y'all think, what y'all say about me because when I go home at night, the same people that I look in the face -- my family, that I love -- that's all that really matters to me.

"So y'all could go and make up whatever you want to make up because I don't say enough for y'all to go and put anything out on me. I'll come to y'all event. Y'all shove cameras and microphones down my throat. ... But y'all mad at me. And if y'all ain't mad at me, then what y'all here for?"

We've found Lynch's media sessions alternately hilarious and pointless.

<snip>

...so there ya have it, Marshawn's Super Bowl "soliloquy"

Great, the idiot can speak, and he says nothing. He is a good athlete, that's it.
He isn't an idiot and a fantastic athlete, good doesn't quite cover it.

I don't usually listen to interviews of athletes, or actors for that matter. Their lives are their business. What really pisses the media off is that Lynch won't let them climb up his ass and sniff around. That's where they live so he's insulting their reason for being.

Great, the idiot can speak, and he says nothing. He is a good athlete, that's it.

LOL - if I were rooting for a debate team in the Super Bowl, I'd want someone like Lyndon Johnson on my team but-----but since we're talkin' football, I prefer Marshawn Lynch and-----and regardless of what you think of Marshawn, Marshawn's an idiot like a fox - the more he pokes 'the man' in the eye the higher his Q Score goes. The higher his Q Score goes the more money he makes for himself and his foundation to help underprivileged kids get the learning skills they need to become the debaters you to prefer.

LOL - if I were rooting for a debate team in the Super Bowl, I'd want someone like Lyndon Johnson on my team but-----but since we're talkin' football, I prefer Marshawn Lynch and-----and regardless of what you think of Marshawn, Marshawn's an idiot like a fox - the more he pokes 'the man' in the eye the higher his Q Score goes. The higher his Q Score goes the more money he makes for himself and his foundation to help underprivileged kids get the learning skills they need to become the debaters you to prefer.

Who was the last big running back for the Hawks, you know the guy who was on the cover of the Madden game.

Lynch will be forgotten after the Hawks let him go after the Super Bowl.

Who was the last big running back for the Hawks, you know the guy who was on the cover of the Madden game.

You are referring to Alexander, but it's a bit different. Alexander was a lot older when he came into the league and didn't do anything for other teams because he broke his last year with the Seahawks. There is a finite number of hits an NFL running back can take in their careers. Alexander reached his...Marshawn has some left.

You are referring to Alexander, but it's a bit different. Alexander was a lot older when he came into the league and didn't do anything for other teams because he broke his last year with the Seahawks. There is a finite number of hits an NFL running back can take in their careers. Alexander reached his...Marshawn has some left.

We are talking Q rating, the inference is Lynch will maintain a high Q rating. Once an athlete retires their Q rating will diminish significantly. Very few maintain a high Q rating once they leave sports, Lynch will lose his after he retires, with the exception of his home city.

Forum List

Back