Will Kilauea blow its top?

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Sounds like the chances are good - Hell, if I was there, I'd scoot on over to Kawaii or Maui for a a few days. Don't need no refrigerator-sized boulder dropping out of the sky on my ass.

PAHOA, Hawaii — The national park around Hawaii’s Kilauea was off-limits to visitors Friday for fear the volcano will blow its top in the coming days and hurl ash and boulders the size of refrigerators miles into the air.

“If it goes up, it will come down,” said Charles Mandeville, volcano hazards coordinator for the U.S. Geological Survey. “You don’t want to be underneath anything that weighs 10 tons when it’s coming out at 120 mph (193 kph).”​

Park is closed around Hawaii volcano for fear it will erupt - The Garden Island

Sounds like the chances are good - Hell, if I was there, I'd scoot on over to Kawaii or Maui for a a few days. Don't need no refrigerator-sized boulder dropping out of the sky on my ass.

PAHOA, Hawaii — The national park around Hawaii’s Kilauea was off-limits to visitors Friday for fear the volcano will blow its top in the coming days and hurl ash and boulders the size of refrigerators miles into the air.

“If it goes up, it will come down,” said Charles Mandeville, volcano hazards coordinator for the U.S. Geological Survey. “You don’t want to be underneath anything that weighs 10 tons when it’s coming out at 120 mph (193 kph).”​

Hell, if I was there, I'd scoot on over to Kawaii or Maui for a a few days. Don't need no refrigerator-sized boulder dropping out of the sky on my ass.

Oh come on, no sense of adventure? Think of it as the ultimate game of dodge ball.......... :eusa_whistle:

It is Trumps fault

He will do anything to destroy Obama’s legacy

Living in the Shadows

In 70,000 BC, a volcano blew sky-high in Indonesia and practically wiped out the human race. When things finally settled back to normal, there were only 20,000 humans left on the whole planet.

No, Kilauea is releasing pressure and does not have a solid dome. It could be that fissures on the side of the volcano open up, but "blowing it's top" is highly unlikely.

No, Kilauea is releasing pressure and does not have a solid dome. It could be that fissures on the side of the volcano open up, but "blowing it's top" is highly unlikely.

Agree - not in the sense that Mt St Helens blew her top. But a lot of seismologists are predicting a 100 year event of some sort.

0lCRJcL.gif

Living in the Shadows

In 70,000 BC, a volcano blew sky-high in Indonesia and practically wiped out the human race. When things finally settled back to normal, there were only 20,000 humans left on the whole planet.

Thought you might be pulling my leg so went to the Google. Just DAYUM .. never heard about this

How Human Beings Almost Vanished From Earth In 70,000 B.C.

Oh come on, no sense of adventure? Think of it as the ultimate game of dodge ball.......... :eusa_whistle:

Now THAT was funny - Well played Captain Jack! :D
I live in the Land of Volcanoes, the Volcano State....... Nope, it's not Hawaii.........

Ahhh - GOT IT!

TOP DEFINITION
the 505
What New Mexico is referred to because of the area code being 505.

Also, one of the awesomest places if you know where to find fun.

"I always go to the 505 to chill, man"
#505#albuquerque#nm#area code#awesomest
by Lobita June 18, 2008

Living in the Shadows

Thought you might be pulling my leg so went to the Google. Just DAYUM .. never heard about this

I had heard of this--it wiped out the Neanderthals. Only a few living on the far east coast of the Atlantic survived for a short time, dwindled and died out. Humans were scattered more widely in areas that weren't affected by the blast.

I had heard of this--it wiped out the Neanderthals. Only a few living on the far east coast of the Atlantic survived for a short time, dwindled and died out. Humans were scattered more widely in areas that weren't affected by the blast.

Pretty fascinating shit to be sure. Guess we're all lucky to be here.

LOL In case you missed this one

upload_2018-5-13_10-19-4.png

Multiple fissures emitting minor lava spatter opened Saturday on Hawaii’s Kilauea volcano, heightening fears of an impending major eruption and prompting a warning by the US Geological Survey of more disaster to come.

The eruption of a Hawaii volcano in the Pacific "Ring of Fire" also has experts warily eyeing volcanic peaks on America's West Coast that are also part of the geologically active region.

The West Coast is home to an 800-mile chain of 13 volcanoes, from

Hawaii volcano stokes fears of West Coast eruptions

Living in the Shadows

Mind Over Matter

That is the most important event in prehistory, yet scientists pass it over to find something more relevant to their agenda. Wouldn't the last evolutionary change have come with only those most adaptable to the post-volcano conditions passing on their DNA? Perhaps modern human intelligence was created then, because we have no physical capacity to overcome that nightmare without clever flexibility.

Forum List

Back