Will Japan reverse itself on war?

Should Japan revise its constitution to permit war?

• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge
Japan's government is agin considering revisions to their constitution to allow warfare.

Revision of Japan’s Constitution back on the agenda? | East Asia Forum

Yomiuri has released the results of its annual poll on constitution revision and has found that once again a majority — a slight one, 51.6 per cent — favours revising Japan’s constitution. This marks a nine-point increase over last year’s poll. Opposition to revision fell from 43.1 per cent to 36.5 per cent.

What do you think?

Who do they need to fight?

I don't think it's about 'need' as much as being prepared. Things have consequences. Seems to me that 'allies' of US are getting a bit nervous, for reasons.

China is sitting on a mountain of money and they are starting to assert their power after centuries of slumber and humiliation. (The worst inflicted by Japan.) They are not a democracy and believe themselves to be the center of all human civilization.

This makes Japan nervous, as well as India. Both of course, democracies.

China has fought wars with almost all of her neighbors since the Communist revolution, this too makes her neighbours nervous.

The US does not have the economic power long term to contain China anymore alone, and so Asia is waking up to a “possible” threat.

It is always best to deal in good faith from a position of strength.

Last edited:
Japan should stay as is.

Uncle Sugar (I like that) is not going to have the economic power to compete militarily with China on it's own late in this century, the US does have to set up an Asian containment alliance with Japan, and more importantly India (an democratic alliance that will be critical to fight Islamo Fascism as well) to balance China's growing power.

There is one constant in Chinese history, in particular in the last century, she negotiates as a ruse or not at all when she is dealing with perceived weakness, she negotiates sincerely when she is faced with equal or superior power.

Forum List

Back