Will it take an act of God for Romney to win?

Will it take an act of God for Romney to win

• Yes, there is no way he can win otherwise

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • No.

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
Seriously, he should be 10 points ahead of Obama at this point with an 8% unemployment rate.

This. Romney should be sailing towards an easy victory at this point, and instead you've got his campaign putting out memos prior to the debate, his last chance for a real bounce. You've got him out fundraising instead of campaigning a month out in the hopes more negative ads can win this for him. You've got Obama pulling away in several important swing states. You've got his running mate on the side of a milk carton (Seriously, where the heck is Ryan these days?).

This is about the point where you can start to tell who's going to lose. The Partisans start talking the language of "All he has to do to win...." and "The only poll that matters...." Kerry was here at the start of October, as was McCain, Dole, and George HW Bush. Now it's Romney.

If God decides he wants Romney to be president Obama's done.

You're exactly right.

God can make anything happen...and there's always a reason.

If Obama wins, God is telling us to DUCK and COVER....it's gonna be a rough ride!!!
Sometimes He does things or lets things happen just to get our attention and learn from it. Not enough people i guess have learned from the mistake in 2008 :(

Romney can win despite the gods. Any assertion he needs god to win is lunacy. God, if there is one, should be concerned with matters far more pressing than who our next fuck up n chief is

No...actually He is very concerned about this.

He tells us to put "Honorable" people in place as our leaders. We are to pray for our leaders.
We haven't done such a good job of that lately......

I think it is blasphemous to state God supports your cause, party, or candidate; especially if you've actually read the New Testament. Though,If one is so insistent, they would have to admit God supported Obama once and Clinton twice.

This race is going to be close. Neither side should be over confident. The only poll that matters is on election day.

Whatever, guy. I want the word "God" expunged from the dictionary or regulated to similar words like "Pixie" and "fairy"... which is all he really is....

No Pixie is going to save Romney from the fact he's an evil douchebag and everyone can see that now.

It's only because the Obama haters are such racists that he is not going to be embarrassed by Goldwater level proportions, which is a pity, becase maybe that will be a wake up call to the GOP.

And if Romney does win?

Then it just proves that we are a country of stupid, racist assholes whose opinions can be manipulated by rich people to vote against our own economic interests.

So does this mean you'll be moving away soon??

Heard a religious guy on the radio this morning talking about how "God's finger" was gonna intercede in the election.

Sounded to me like a veiled threat to inspire some wacko with HIS finger on a trigger.

Couldn't find a video clip of it. Couldn't remember the "Reverend's" name either.

I think it is blasphemous to state God supports your cause, party, or candidate; especially if you've actually read the New Testament. Though,If one is so insistent, they would have to admit God supported Obama once and Clinton twice.

This race is going to be close. Neither side should be over confident. The only poll that matters is on election day.

Wrong.

If He supported MY cause because i'm a Christian, then Obama would have never been president. Because Obama did become president, that doesn't mean that God supported him. God let's happen or makes things happen sometimes to get our attention. It doesn't mean it's always a good thing....
It's time for people to wake up and see what God is letting happen to our country.

Wrong.

If He supported MY cause because i'm a Christian, then Obama would have never been president. Because Obama did become president, that doesn't mean that God supported him. God let's happen or makes things happen sometimes to get our attention. It doesn't mean it's always a good thing....
It's time for people to wake up and see what God is letting happen to our country.

So when it goes your way, it's because God choose to intervene. When it doesn't, it's because he choose not too?

That's convenient.

Have you actually read the bible? "My kingdom is not of this one, but the next.". "Render unto Ceaser what is Ceaser's and unto God what is God's"....

Reconcile Christ's own words with your insistence that God is a Romney voter.

Paul makes it pretty clear that Earthly authority is given by God, and that as such we Christians should treat those authorities with the proper amount of respect. That means that God will work through the winner in November according to his plan.

I do agree that the claim that one party or another should have a monopoly on Christian voters is pretty blasphemous. Both the GOP and the DNC have stances that are pretty offensive and intolerable to a devout Christian like myself. I as always, pray for wisdom and vote for whomever I think is best qualified for the job.

Wrong.

So when it goes your way, it's because God choose to intervene. When it doesn't, it's because he choose not too?

That's convenient.

Have you actually read the bible? "My kingdom is not of this one, but the next.". "Render unto Ceaser what is Ceaser's and unto God what is God's"....

Think what you want...but God does intervene, if it's not going as he planned. What's so "convenient" about what i said? God does what HE thinks is best for us, not always what we want! I never said He was a Romney voter....I said He does what is best for us, and it isn't always what WE think we want, but it's always what we need. We need a wake up call right now and not enough people are listening!

Yes i have read the Bible, a few times. Yes his Kingdom isn't of this world, but he's still very active in it.

Render unto Ceaser means we're to obey the laws, and pay to the gov't what we owe them. But ONLY what is owed them. It doesn't mean the government should take whatever they want of ours and use it for THEIR own good. And we're to give God what is HIS...which means tithing to our Church's to keep God's word active and out there for people to hear.

Wrong.

That's convenient.

Think what you want...but God does intervene, if it's not going as he planned. What's so "convenient" about what i said? God does what HE thinks is best for us, not always what we want! I never said He was a Romney voter....I said He does what is best for us, and it isn't always what WE think we want, but it's always what we need. We need a wake up call right now and not enough people are listening!

Yes i have read the Bible, a few times. Yes his Kingdom isn't of this world, but he's still very active in it.

Render unto Ceaser means we're to obey the laws, and pay to the gov't what we owe them. But ONLY what is owed them. It doesn't mean the government should take whatever they want of ours and use it for THEIR own good. And we're to give God what is HIS...which means tithing to our Church's to keep God's word active and out there for people to hear.

"Give up everything you have and follow me.". "No man can serve two masters."

I don't think God cares about your tax burden.

That's convenient.

I think he does care about it.
He cares if the government tends to charge us more in taxes than what we should have to pay then squandering it....he cares about stealing from one person to give to another. What did he think of the Pharisees....the money changers in His temple? He drove them OUT.

Most true Christians would give up everything if God asked. He provides for everything we need.

"No man can serve 2 masters" only means you can NOT follow God and also be in love with your money (Greed). God never said it was wrong to be rich...it's what you do with it and how you help others with it.

If God decides he wants Romney to be president Obama's done.

You're exactly right.

God can make anything happen...and there's always a reason.

If Obama wins, God is telling us to DUCK and COVER....it's gonna be a rough ride!!!
Sometimes He does things or lets things happen just to get our attention and learn from it. Not enough people i guess have learned from the mistake in 2008 :(

You really think and eternal, immortal, omnipotent, omniscient being really gives a flip about who wins an election?

I think he does care about it.
He cares if the government tends to charge us more in taxes than what we should have to pay then squandering it....he cares about stealing from one person to give to another. What did he think of the Pharisees....the money changers in His temple? He drove them OUT.

Most true Christians would give up everything if God asked. He provides for everything we need.

"No man can serve 2 masters" only means you can NOT follow God and also be in love with your money (Greed). God never said it was wrong to be rich...it's what you do with it and how you help others with it.

Did God deliver the Book of Mormon to Joseph Smith?

Joebigot is an idiot but if Romney wins it's because he was a better candidate than Obama. It's really that simple. Unless your judgement is clouded

He's not even really a "better candidate" than the rest of the Clown Car.

Think back to the daily disasters from that bunch of fools.

Can any of you really say that MitWit was the "better candidate" of THAT bunch?

LOL

No .... The only reason he's the candidate is that the R and the rw voter has really REALLY REEEELLY low expectations.

let me repeat it again for the mentally ill. IF he wins it's because he was the better candidate

Wrong. If he wins it shows that those who voted for him don't have two brain cells to rub together.

Forum List

Back