Will it take an act of God for Romney to win?

Will it take an act of God for Romney to win

• Yes, there is no way he can win otherwise

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • No.

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
You are a class A dummy.

You gonna be here on November 7th? I am taking the day off to recover from the election night party and bask in the glow of victory. Can I count on you being here to make my day even more special?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/6039034-post1.html

Yeah, one last time for all the retards out there... "anyone but Obama" is not gonna cut it. The title alone is an insualt to Mitt and the Republican party as a whole, yet you guys keep pushing it. Just think for a moment if that's possible for you to do and try really hard to understand what it sounds like when you and others say "anyone but Obama" to a person's face... You literally are admitting "I have nothing."

Mitt's list of accomplishments is no better than Obama's. Mitt is possibly one of the most progressive republicans to ever hold office in US history, and that's your fucking guy, "Mr. Anyone but Obama.." Sad times for Republicans.

You know Bush really fucked Republicans over, made the party hated the world over. McCain made the US wonder if the Republican party was falling apart and now with Mitt the country is asking if Republicans even take this shit seriously anymore.

"Anyone but Obama.." Lolz, holy shit, that's all you guys got?

Hell I'd take carter before I would vote for the failure known as obama

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/250755-carter-obama-comparison.html

There is no god.

So is it your argument that not even an act of God could help Romney win?

No. It is my argument that there is no such thing as an act of god. I will further argue that I believe there is no act of Mitt that can gain him the votes needed to overcome his weak message and repugnant personality.

"You didn't make these cookies, did you?"

cookies?

and if there isnt any such thing as an act of God, then not even one could help him win.

Repugnant personality? Since when is someone who gives voluntarily of his time and money above and beyond what most people do and has lived a life dedicated to helping others become repugnant?

I guess it might be if you were a pretty pathetic excuse for a human being. But why would anyone want to be one of those?

I, for one, would be rather 'put out' with God if there were to be intervention in this case and none in others of much greater magnitude (WWI, the Black Plague....).

God would be well advised to steer very clear of all this bovine fertilizer.

And that's your mistake. You seek to advise God instead of get advice from Him.

Oh and He has His hands throughout all human history.

Whose God are you talking about? The Christian God or the one that came here to the US?

They are both one and the same. But that doesnt really answer the question now does it?

Silly. Simply that single FACT that the Christian God doesn't have a physical body PROVES they are NOT the same God. Duh!

You really need to read the Bible sometime. The New Testament, for example, is based solely on the witness of the Apostles that God was made Flesh and atoned for the sins of the World.

Some of you seem to think there is no way for Romney to win. So does that mean you think the only way he could win is with an act of God?

Discuss:)

if people open their eyes obama is doomed

Obama is winning for the same reason Bush won in 2004 and Clinton in 1996, namely the opposition party is running a fairly terrible and incoherent campaign after underestimating an incumbent President that should have been easy to pick off.

At this point Romney will lose not because Obama deserves to win or even that Obama is so far ahead things are inevitable, but because there's no indication Romney even realizes he is losing and even less indication he will do what he would have to do to win.

Exactly.

If God decides he wants Romney to be president Obama's done.

God's time will be pretty much taken up in deciding SEC and Texas football games.

God took the time to inspire the Founders and move His hand in establishing our Republic. And I dont think He is done with it yet. So yeah, He is going to have His hand in this.

I, for one, would be rather 'put out' with God if there were to be intervention in this case and none in others of much greater magnitude (WWI, the Black Plague....).

God would be well advised to steer very clear of all this bovine fertilizer.

And that's your mistake. You seek to advise God instead of get advice from Him.

Oh and He has His hands throughout all human history.

We have very different concepts of the term 'God', so don't bother yourself with my 'errors'; they are between me and Deity.

Some of you seem to think there is no way for Romney to win. So does that mean you think the only way he could win is with an act of God?

Well, there is no God, so, no, I don't think that will help.

All that said, Romney's campaign was pretty much over when the 47% tape came out.

He was done. That day.

You know, I've seen a lot of "God doesn't exist" posts, and that just seems kinda childish. Act of God is such a well known term it is defined, in the dictionary as:

Act of God: a natural and unavoidable catastrophe that interrupts the expected course of events.

No mention of God in there.

Buit to speak to JoeB's point: The 47% comment was the tipping point for sure. Going back to my Math class analogy: You can do badly on the first test, the first few homeworks, etc, and still get an "A" in most college courses. But there does come a point where the mistakes build up and mathematically, an "A" slips out of reach. If the errors keep piling up, next comes that lost homework that pushes you out of the range of a "B". And then there's the test that means you can't get a "C" anymore.

The test isn't the real reason you failed though. You fail because you dug yourself a hole that now is just too deep to dig out of.

That's how I see Romney's campaign right now. He was blessed with enough resources to easily win, an incumbent President that frankly doesn't deserve re-election, a primary field filled with light weights, and a potential running mate list that could have brought in crucial swing states.

Instead, he's blown his resources to the point that Obama is currently out raising him month to month. He let Obama define him to the point that he's currently less popular than the President and barely more popular than Congress. He let his idiot primary opponents beat him up and drain him of funds. He picked a running mate that is going to cost him Florida and won't even bring in his home state of Wisconsin.

At that point, the hole is so deep it wouldn't take much at all to just go over the edge and lock yourself out of a possible victory. He could have survived the 47% comment, as lord knows Clinton, Bush, and Obama have said so much worse and bounced back. But he's already in so deep that the 47% comment just finishes it.

That's why I say at this point, Romney doesn't just need an Act of God to win, he actively needs a complete strategy overhaul before he could even take advantage of an Act of God.

They are both one and the same. But that doesnt really answer the question now does it?

Silly. Simply that single FACT that the Christian God doesn't have a physical body PROVES they are NOT the same God. Duh!

You really need to read the Bible sometime. The New Testament, for example, is based solely on the witness of the Apostles that God was made Flesh and atoned for the sins of the World.

What does the Book of Mormon say?

I agree with your impressions and would like to add that it will take everything Romney has, to "convince" the undecideds, that it is he, and new forthcoming policies ( on his website ) that will stop the borrowing and spending, and create new jobs so that people can afford food and gas and shelter, without having to depend upon the poor existing taxpayers, to provide for them, thereby restoring their dignity and independence.

Precisely! It is neither those on the left or the right that hold this election. Rather, it is those in the middle who have not yet decided which direction is better for them.

MHO is that there aren't enough undecideds left in the battleground states to swing this election. I believe that we've reached the phase where it's all about turnout. For that reason, I think Romney needs to direct his attention to energizing the base, working them into a frenzy, and get them to the point where they want to camp out at the polling place to be the first to cast their Romney vote.

As to the original post: I don't think God cares about social or political institutions. "Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's" He advised that slaves should obey their masters (not that we should fight a war to abolish slavery). God wants his laws written in our hearts - not in our statutes. His concern is with your heart and your soul - not your political systems.

Anyone who tries to tell you different is just trying to use God to suit their own purposes instead of allowing God to use them for His purposes. The radical muslims do not have a monopoly on THAT.

Last edited:
I agree with your impressions and would like to add that it will take everything Romney has, to "convince" the undecideds, that it is he, and new forthcoming policies ( on his website ) that will stop the borrowing and spending, and create new jobs so that people can afford food and gas and shelter, without having to depend upon the poor existing taxpayers, to provide for them, thereby restoring their dignity and independence.

Precisely! It is neither those on the left or the right that hold this election. Rather, it is those in the middle who have not yet decided which direction is better for them.

Dude I really hate to bust your chops, but if the middle hasn't decided by now with the shitty economy they never will.

Dude I really hate to bust your chops, but if the middle hasn't decided by now with the shitty economy they never will.

Which is another reason I'm comfortable calling it at this point. Obama is up in Florida, Ohio, and Virginia according to Rasmussen, which enough to win with. None of the three are at the magical 50% point yet, but at this point if you're undecided, you're probably not voting.

Given the debate structure, I don't see anything happening at the debate to change the minds of someone that has already decided either.

You know, I've seen a lot of "God doesn't exist" posts, and that just seems kinda childish. Act of God is such a well known term it is defined, in the dictionary as:

Whatever, guy. I want the word "God" expunged from the dictionary or regulated to similar words like "Pixie" and "fairy"... which is all he really is....

No Pixie is going to save Romney from the fact he's an evil douchebag and everyone can see that now.

It's only because the Obama haters are such racists that he is not going to be embarrassed by Goldwater level proportions, which is a pity, becase maybe that will be a wake up call to the GOP.

Romney can win despite the gods. Any assertion he needs god to win is lunacy. God, if there is one, should be concerned with matters far more pressing than who our next fuck up n chief is

It depends on how many dead people vote.... Tell no one how you are voting, they are trying to decide how many of the dead will walk the earth on election day.

It depends on how many dead people vote.... Tell no one how you are voting, they are trying to decide how many of the dead will walk the earth on election day.

*walking dead viewer*

Forum List

Back