will Irene force Obama to cut his vac. short?

With all due respect, TexArcher...WHEN you take vacation is more important than how much vacation you take. I'm a manager. If I take my vacation when everything is running smoothly I don't expect to hear any criticism about doing so. If, however, I take my vacation when things are at a crisis level and the company is in trouble then I would fully expect to get heat over doing so. Bush took a lot of vacations when our economy was doing fine. Obama takes a lot of vacations when it's doing terrible. If I were the employer of the two of them I'd be having a "come to Jesus" meeting with Barack Obama asking him if he was really committed to the position he held because you don't take off when things are bad. I think most Americans understand that concept. Barack Obama either doesn't...or he doesn't care.

Or maybe there is not much that he can do right now with congress out of session.
The timing is not an issue in this case in my eyes.
When should he vacation? When congress is debating healthcare? Stimulus?

I understand your point....but in this case, there is absolutely noithing he could be doing to better our economic situation.

Now...if Irene hit and he left for vacation the next day?

That would be a different story.

But my guess is he will returnto the White House the day after Irene devastates the east coast...just a hunch....but I would bet my house on it.

He's the President of the United States, Jar! If there are things to be done...and I think we all agree that there are...then he should have told Congress that he was staying until we had a coherent jobs strategy and he was asking that they stay as well. I'm sorry but this whole "what can I do?" line coming from Obama is getting tiresome. Either come up with solutions or admit that you don't have any and allow those that do to come forward.

I agree that he should have told congress to put off their vacations and stick around...and he should have as well.

But the halls of congress are empty.....and there is little he can do to help the economy right now....

Actually, as we have seen, there is little he has the ability to do to helo the economy regardless of WHO is around.

But that is for another thread.

Should Presidents vacation?

Not sure.

Around this time GW Bush clocked 180 days, Reagan 108, Obama 70, Clinton 24.

Should we use the "Clinton" Standard from now on?

Because you guys sure as heck didn't complain about Bush's or Reagan's vacations.

Oh..and you did complain about Clinton's.
If I was getting blown in my office, I'd never go on vacation.

With all due respect, TexArcher...WHEN you take vacation is more important than how much vacation you take. I'm a manager. If I take my vacation when everything is running smoothly I don't expect to hear any criticism about doing so. If, however, I take my vacation when things are at a crisis level and the company is in trouble then I would fully expect to get heat over doing so. Bush took a lot of vacations when our economy was doing fine. Obama takes a lot of vacations when it's doing terrible. If I were the employer of the two of them I'd be having a "come to Jesus" meeting with Barack Obama asking him if he was really committed to the position he held because you don't take off when things are bad. I think most Americans understand that concept. Barack Obama either doesn't...or he doesn't care.

Or maybe there is not much that he can do right now with congress out of session.

I understand your point....but in this case, there is absolutely noithing he could be doing to better our economic situation.

But my guess is he will returnto the White House the day after Irene devastates the east coast...just a hunch....but I would bet my house on it.

He's the President of the United States, Jar! If there are things to be done...and I think we all agree that there are...then he should have told Congress that he was staying until we had a coherent jobs strategy and he was asking that they stay as well. I'm sorry but this whole "what can I do?" line coming from Obama is getting tiresome. Either come up with solutions or admit that you don't have any and allow those that do to come forward.

Indeed... when he ran for office... he was the smartest and most qualified guy like EVA.

Now he just throws his hands up, blames his predecessor and the Tea Party and says WTF?

The days include weekends and holidays

Obama usually takes two weeks in August and a week at Christmas and the conservatives whine like hell

Wrong. The far right whines like hell...just as the far left whined like hell about anything GWB did.

Conservatives, such as myslef never criticized his vacationing. We criticized his judgement as to where he vacationed during a time where we are all to be tightening our belts.

Even Clinton chose Montana....Bush chose his ranch in Texas.

Obama choise a spot that is known to cater to the elitists of the country.

You mean elitist like a private compound in Kennebunkport?
What's elitist about staying with your parents on vacation?

Excellent strawman!

When right wingers jump on Obama for taking vacation, they're ignoring the fact that the last Republican president took a lot more vacation time than the current Democrat president. That's all.

The whole argument is silly, imo. Any president is entitled to time off like everybody else.

He should be in DC laying out his "detailed Jobs plan" so it can be subjected to scrutiny, or do we have to pass that before we can see what's in it, too?

He should be in DC laying out his "detailed Jobs plan" so it can be subjected to scrutiny, or do we have to pass that before we can see what's in it, too?

Republicans will block any job plan anyway

Good... the "plan" will likely involve printing $1,000,000,000,000 more and building windmills and electric cars and other such nonsense.

Might make him board airforce 1 and the misses and kids to fly airforce 2 to California for another week vacation and round of golf. All this guy does is go on vacation or party at the Whitehouse

Bush 1 IS an elistist. Bush 2 is one as well.

Obama ran on a platform of being different.

As for MV....here on LI, MV has a reputation as a palce where the wealthy vacation.

I have nmo issue with him vacationing there. Hell...the man can afford it...why not.

But after he sat there and asked us to give him permission to raise the debt ceiling and if we dont we may not get our SS checks...it was poor judgement in my eyes to say "off to the vinyard for sun and fun".

There are times when those in the limelight must think about the message beingt sent before making certain personal decisions...it comes with the territory of being in the limelight.

I don't recall him saying he'd take a vow of poverty. Do you?

Nope.
And he shouldnt have.
Just use better judgement seeing as he is in the limelight.

I dont recall any star athlete taking a vow of living a pure life...
Yet many get criticized when they are seen drunk....with the criticism that "children look up to them and if they epxect the advantages of being in the limelight, then they should act as role models"

As role models go, I think he's doing just fine.

Any half assed jobs plan he's likely to propose, yes. We will, however get to debate the merits of his plan compared to the House plan. we may in the end come up with something that leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth that won't be as good as the house plan or as bad as obama's.

Not unless a democratic state is involved. He has refused to help Texas with the worst drought in our history, wonder why.

Texas doesn't need the help of Big Gumint

They need to show the rest of the country what States rights are all about

I don't recall him saying he'd take a vow of poverty. Do you?

Nope.
And he shouldnt have.
Just use better judgement seeing as he is in the limelight.

I dont recall any star athlete taking a vow of living a pure life...
Yet many get criticized when they are seen drunk....with the criticism that "children look up to them and if they epxect the advantages of being in the limelight, then they should act as role models"

As role models go, I think he's doing just fine.

Wow... what standards.

:lol:

Trivia question:

Which president took more vacation days than any other?

I'll give you a hint: his dad was also a president.

Ahhhh so because BUSH was an idiot that means its ok for obama to be a putz....i get it.

How's that justifying bad behavior going so far new guy?
hahahahaha....uhhhhhhh

PP, If President bush was an idiot for taking 180 days of vacation by this point of his presidency (IF this is even TRUE?) and President Obama has taken only 70 days of vacation to the same point in the presidency, WHY would Obama be a putz, as you stated, in this situation?

Seems to me that obama taking 60% LESS VACATION DAYS than President Bush (the idiot, according to you), would make Obama some kind of praise worthy workaholic and not a putz? No???

;)

Care
180 days in 8 yrs!!is what Bush took....Obama is vacationing at twice the rate Bush was!!:eusa_whistle:

Ahhhh so because BUSH was an idiot that means its ok for obama to be a putz....i get it.

hahahahaha....uhhhhhhh

PP, If President bush was an idiot for taking 180 days of vacation by this point of his presidency (IF this is even TRUE?) and President Obama has taken only 70 days of vacation to the same point in the presidency, WHY would Obama be a putz, as you stated, in this situation?

Seems to me that obama taking 60% LESS VACATION DAYS than President Bush (the idiot, according to you), would make Obama some kind of praise worthy workaholic and not a putz? No???

;)

Care
180 days in 8 yrs!!is what Bush took....Obama is vacationing at twice the rate Bush was!!:eusa_whistle:

Nice try....but it shows you aren't reading

Bush took 180 days at this point in his presidency, not the whole 8 years

hahahahaha....uhhhhhhh

;)

Care
And his spending follows suit.

Forum List

Back