will Irene force Obama to cut his vac. short?

I guess the left counts Bush's trips to exotic Crawford Tx as a vacation while Cindy Sheehan's nut cases were parked in the driveway.

Of course they count. Why wouldn't they? Isn't it still a vacation day from your job if you just sit around the house?

But I do think the Obamas' vacations have been unreasonably extravagant given the current state of the economy.

Trivia question:

Which president took more vacation days than any other?

I'll give you a hint: his dad was also a president.

Ahhhh so because BUSH was an idiot that means its ok for obama to be a putz....i get it.

How's that justifying bad behavior going so far new guy?

Trivia question:

Ahhhh so because BUSH was an idiot that means its ok for obama to be a putz....i get it.

Excellent strawman!

When right wingers jump on Obama for taking vacation, they're ignoring the fact that the last Republican president took a lot more vacation time than the current Democrat president. That's all.

The whole argument is silly, imo. Any president is entitled to time off like everybody else.

You need to read up on strawman arguments...here is a wiki link that might help Straw man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My pointing out the hypocrisy of saying "since bush made bad choices then its ok that obama makes similar bad choices" is not a straw man argument. It is a statement of opinion.

You need to read up on strawman arguments...here is a wiki link that might help

My pointing out the hypocrisy of saying "since bush made bad choices then its ok that obama makes similar bad choices" is not a straw man argument. It is a statement of opinion.

I have a degree in philosophy. I'm quite familiar with what is and isn't a straw man, thanks. Your statement above in its original form was not a statement of your opinion; it was putting words in my mouth to draw a conclusion that I never drew so that you could take a swing at it, which is a straw man per your own link.

It was stating that in my opinion you are trying to justify Obama's vacations by pointing to bush's vacations as the context of our conversation clearly shows you are doing. ;)

Its interesting you keep not quoting the full context....maybe more telling than interesting.

It was stating that in my opinion you are trying to justify Obama's vacations by pointing to bush's vacations as the context of our conversation clearly shows you are doing. ;)

Its interesting you keep not quoting the full context....maybe more telling than interesting.

Well, there's no point in requoting all that stuff. Just wastes bandwidth. And for some reason I had to take out the url in the last one because I don't have enough posts yet to include a link.

Anyway, I'm not trying to justify Obama's vacations. As I said above, I think they've been too extravagent. But I wouldn't say they've been too numerous or that there's anything wrong with a president taking some time off.

All I wanted to do by bringing up Bush's vacations was point out that it's a little ironic for right wingers to bash Obama for taking time off when Bush took more time off than any president in history. That's it. No ulterior motive.

Well, there's no point in requoting all that stuff. Just wastes bandwidth. And for some reason I had to take out the url in the last one because I don't have enough posts yet to include a link.

Anyway, I'm not trying to justify Obama's vacations. As I said above, I think they've been too extravagent. But I wouldn't say they've been too numerous or that there's anything wrong with a president taking some time off.

All I wanted to do by bringing up Bush's vacations was point out that it's a little ironic for right wingers to bash Obama for taking time off when Bush took more time off than any president in history. That's it. No ulterior motive.

Other than some on the far right that will criticize anything Obama does just for the sake of criticizing him....most of us that are on the right criticized his judgement as it pertained to his decision to spend his vacation at a place that has an air of "elitism" and known to be one fo the more expensive places to vacation.

With people struggling and looking for leadership, the leader must exercise good judgement when making personal decisions. Yes, they are personal decisions, but he is in the limelight and he must realize that "appearance" is important.

Just as it is poor judgement for a hollywood star or a well known athlete to err with decisions that ruin appearance in the eyes of those that look uup to them.

Should Presidents vacation?

Not sure.

Around this time GW Bush clocked 180 days, Reagan 108, Obama 70, Clinton 24.

Should we use the "Clinton" Standard from now on?

Because you guys sure as heck didn't complain about Bush's or Reagan's vacations.

Oh..and you did complain about Clinton's.

The Presidency is a 24/7 job. You're President no matter where or what you are doing.
I really could care less. I think the extravangence of the trips the current President takes are at the very least hypocritical the way he rails on about the "rich" and their extravagant spending.

He doesn't rail about the rich. He just thinks they should kick in more to the kitty.

I happen to disagree.

The Tea Party types may be on to something. Stop government spending.

Suspend all government contracts with private firms.

Lets see how long they stay rich. :lol:

Dear Sallow "Oh..and you did complain about Clinton's. "
It wasn't the relative absence of vacation days during Mr Clinton's tenure, it was what Mr Clinton did with his spare time whether he was on or off vacation, blue dresses, the groping of Executive Office job applicants and all that.

Its common practice for a home builder to place the 'sonotubes', long cylindrical cardboard tubes that provide the forms for and the frost proof footings for the future deck anchors, in position at the time the excavator backfills the foundation. The tubes are intended to be filled with concrete at some later time.
One of the tasks the buider must do before filling the tubes with concrete is clean and remove the garbage and other assorted debris that inevitably accumulates in the bottoms of these tubes. This happens in spite of the liberal placing of garbage and refuse receptacles around the job site. The only conclsuion you can possibly draw from this is that male hominids are instinctively compelled to fill any empty hole they come across with whatever is available at the time.

You don't like heterosexual sex?

Why you begrudging the man an ocassional blowjob?

Gosh.

I hope he stays the entire vacation. He needed it, badly.

lol...you inadvertantly wished him harm. He needs to get out of there......Irene is going to devastate the area and he would be better off being elsewhere.

Trivia question:

hahahahaha....uhhhhhhh

PP, If President bush was an idiot for taking 180 days of vacation by this point of his presidency (IF this is even TRUE?) and President Obama has taken only 70 days of vacation to the same point in the presidency, WHY would Obama be a putz, as you stated, in this situation?

Seems to me that obama taking 60% LESS VACATION DAYS than President Bush (the idiot, according to you), would make Obama some kind of praise worthy workaholic and not a putz? No???

;)

Care

lol...you inadvertantly wished him harm. He needs to get out of there......Irene is going to devastate the area and he would be better off being elsewhere.

New news? I checked a couple of hours ago, and her path was uncertain.

actually, with hurricanes, the poath is pretty much uncertain by the hour.

But the cone of uncertainty has the entire eastern seaboard on alert..

I live in western Nassau County, Long Island....and according to the weather channel, Western Nassau County is expecting a direct hit by most of the computer models....and the ocean is about 2 miles from my house with a canal aboiut 100 feet away.

Not much I can do but ensure my wife and I have plenty of candles and several bottles of Merlot....

I'd mention the need for batteries as well, but you never know if kids read this sight....:eusa_angel:

Trivia question:

hahahahaha....uhhhhhhh

PP, If President bush was an idiot for taking 180 days of vacation by this point of his presidency (IF this is even TRUE?) and President Obama has taken only 70 days of vacation to the same point in the presidency, WHY would Obama be a putz, as you stated, in this situation?

Seems to me that obama taking 60% LESS VACATION DAYS than President Bush (the idiot, according to you), would make Obama some kind of praise worthy workaholic and not a putz? No???

;)

Care

Actually, whether it be 70 days in 2 years or 180 days in 2 years......how many of us get that?

I know..I know...he has a tough job.

Well...when I was younger, I was working 70 and 80 hour weeks and had the concern of dozens of employees......but back then I was lucky to get a day off a month.

Maybe Barry can get a couple more holes in while NC is in a state of emergency.

hahahahaha....uhhhhhhh

;)

Care

Actually, whether it be 70 days in 2 years or 180 days in 2 years......how many of us get that?

Well...when I was younger, I was working 70 and 80 hour weeks and had the concern of dozens of employees......but back then I was lucky to get a day off a month.

The days include weekends and holidays

Obama usually takes two weeks in August and a week at Christmas and the conservatives whine like hell

hahahahaha....uhhhhhhh

;)

Care

The days include weekends and holidays

Obama usually takes two weeks in August and a week at Christmas and the conservatives whine like hell

Wrong. The far right whines like hell...just as the far left whined like hell about anything GWB did.

Conservatives, such as myslef never criticized his vacationing. We criticized his judgement as to where he vacationed during a time where we are all to be tightening our belts.

Even Clinton chose Montana....Bush chose his ranch in Texas.

Obama choise a spot that is known to cater to the elitists of the country.

actually, with hurricanes, the poath is pretty much uncertain by the hour.

But the cone of uncertainty has the entire eastern seaboard on alert..

I live in western Nassau County, Long Island....and according to the weather channel, Western Nassau County is expecting a direct hit by most of the computer models....and the ocean is about 2 miles from my house with a canal aboiut 100 feet away.

Not much I can do but ensure my wife and I have plenty of candles and several bottles of Merlot....

I'd mention the need for batteries as well, but you never know if kids read this sight....:eusa_angel:

/chortle

You stay safe, mister.

A crisis in Libya couldn't do it, the stock market collapse couldn't do it and a earthquake couldn't do it but it seems (sniff sniff) that a hurricane might spoil Barry's vacation.

Well, had he appointed a failed horse show manager to head FEMA, he would have reason to cut his vacation short.

The Country would be better off if he played golf than if the dumb ass came back to D.C. started issuing orders.

New Topics

Forum List

Back