Will Iran be attacked?

With what?

"Every option is on the table." George Bush.

Obama saying "If Iran stops meddling in Iraq, and stops their nuclear program, I will give the possible promise that I won't seek regime change."

This was not supposed to be an adversarial thread. I am simply asking why MAD wouldn't work as a deterrant in relations between Iran and Israel. I was hoping you could defend or attack Podhoretz's claims that MAD wouldn't work between the two nations.

Mad doesn't work because BOTH sides have to be sane and understand the consequences. Iran is run by religious Zealots that think Allah will save them. They KNOW thet Israel is smaller then them and that they could use a few nukes to take out the entire Country. Israel would need vastly more. Iran's leaders may believe Israel does not have the nukes or the means to deliver them. Further they may believe they can strike first and prevent most of the retaliation.

The Iranian leadership is not afraid because they are religious fruit cakes.

Mad doesn't work because BOTH sides have to be sane and understand the consequences. Iran is run by religious Zealots that think Allah will save them. They KNOW thet Israel is smaller then them and that they could use a few nukes to take out the entire Country. Israel would need vastly more. Iran's leaders may believe Israel does not have the nukes or the means to deliver them. Further they may believe they can strike first and prevent most of the retaliation.

The Iranian leadership is not afraid because they are religious fruit cakes.

What are the views of the Mullahs? They are the ones who make the call, not Ahmadinijad.

So you would support the United States getting involved militarily, despite there being no evidence that Iran is developing nuclear weapons?

No evidence? They are increasing the number of devices to create tons of fuel with a goal to produce weapons grade material. They have no need for all the ability they keep increasing if all they want is fuel for reactors they do not even have or are not even under construction.

"Every option is on the table." George Bush.

Obama saying "If Iran stops meddling in Iraq, and stops their nuclear program, I will give the possible promise that I won't seek regime change."

Ok, and that has what to do with MAD, Israel? Hello???

Obama has also said he wants to focus on Afghanistan, and I assure you he is not going to pull out of Iraq completely. If he wants to do more in Afghanistan he has to give up any ambitions he may have of attacking Iran, and vice versa. We simply don't have the resources for three wars.

What Obama obviously doesn't understand is that he actually doesn't have any power to make sure Iran doesn't get a nuclear weapon, not from the Constitution at any rate. He will assume he has these powers, and nobody will challenge him, but he doesn't actually have them.

He can use the military any way he chooses for 90 days. The only thing to stop him would be for Congress to meet and create a bill that specifically forbade any money be spent in the endeavor. And it would have to have enough backers to survive a Veto.

Ok, and that has what to do with MAD, Israel? Hello???

If you look again, I was responding to your post about how many times the US has threatened Iran's existence. Does Iran now have the right to attack Washington?

Can you provide a link saying that these PARTICULAR mullahs have said, in effect, that they will wipe Israel off the map?

Don't need to they support and back the mouth pieces that say it, that insist they will bring about the end of times.

If a man keeps a vicious dog in his yard I do not need to see him training it to know it is threat or that he might release it.

If you look again, I was responding to your post about how many times the US has threatened Iran's existence. Does Iran now have the right to attack Washington?

Which was brought upon by yours. US has not threatened Iran with anything up to this point other than sanctions.

You just would like to see Israel destroyed, why not cut to the chase?

Don't need to they support and back the mouth pieces that say it, that insist they will bring about the end of times.

If a man keeps a vicious dog in his yard I do not need to see him training it to know it is threat or that he might release it.

So, if Iran continues its nuclear program, Obama invades Iran, and reinstates the draft, you would support that decision?

Last edited:
Which was brought upon by yours. US has not threatened Iran with anything up to this point other than sanctions.

You just would like to see Israel destroyed, why not cut to the chase?

No, and I don't appreciate that accusation at all. I question your reasoning, or Israel's policies, and you compare me to Adolf Hitler? You have issues.

I, for the record, support a two-state settlement for Israel-Palestine, and a nuclear weapons-free zone for the entire Middle East. I guess anything short of agreeing with all Israel's policies, no matter what they might be, makes me a Nazi.

I, for the record, support a two-state settlement for Israel-Palestine, and a nuclear weapons-free zone for the entire Middle East. I guess anything short of agreeing with all Israel's policies, no matter what they might be, makes me a Nazi.

And HOW exactly does one force the Pals to accept a 2 state solution? They could have had their 2 State solution in 2000 and every year since. Instead they attack isreal every time it comes up, or have we forgotten Yassar Arafat calling "his" people to war to prevent it?

The Pals want the total destruction of Israel and nothing less.

Ohh and tell me? How does one force Israel to willingly give up the very weapons that brought them peace with their neighbors?

So, if Iran continues its nuclear program, Obama invades Iran, and reinstates the draft, you would support that decision?

We do not need to invade Iran. We can bomb it and nuke it where required.

Some of the underground sites would require bunker buster nukes to destroy.

I personally, if President, would seek an increase of 600k in the army, 100k in the marine Corps and how every man people it takes to add 4 fighter and 6 bomber wings to the Airforce.

I would fight for a 600 ship Navy and I mean 600 combat vessels. Return to 16 Air craft carriers and in the long run would seek another million troops be added to the all volunteer force.

I would cut from the Federal Budget all entitlements that are NOT Constitutionally legal, turning them over to the States if they wanted them. This would eliminate several cabinet positions, staffs and departments as well as illegal collection of Federal Taxes and illegal spread of Federal Government power.

No, and I don't appreciate that accusation at all. I question your reasoning, or Israel's policies, and you compare me to Adolf Hitler? You have issues.

No sir, you must. If you can't see what it is you are arguing for, than there is zip. BTW Hitler didn't want to destroy Israel, at least at first he just wanted to get rid of Jews in 'Greater Germany', the stepped up actual destruction attempt began in earnest when the tide of the war changed, something to keep in mind. Winners will rarely take the road of genocide, in fact, I can't think of a case in modern times and damn few in ancient times.

Israel is how big? Population density is what? Iran is how big? Population density is what?

Israel has had nukes how long? Has used them when? Iran doesn't. Yet. Has threatened how many times to use them?

Does this not mean that should Iran ever have the audacity to use one that they were lucky enough to create, that Israel wouldn't then immediately annihilate them?

Why is everyone so scared of Iran possibly obtaining a nuke? The moment they ever used it, they'd become a desert wasteland.

The US can not afford, financially or militarily, to involve itself in yet another conflict. A conflict with Iran would certainly include, but not be limited to, Russia and China.

Does that sound like loads of fun, or what? All because some people are scared that Iran MIGHT, just MIGHT, be persuing a nuclear weapon.

Not 1,000. Not 100. Probably not even 10, considering the difficulty. But ONE FUCKING BOMB.

It's not the end of the damn world. But it COULD be, should we cause a war that includes multiple nuclear powers.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back