Will Impeachment cost Democrats the House?

All current predictions have Democrats retaining the House.

Current. Let us see what happens if they go through with impeachment.

Not going to change anything.

So you have ESP? Awesome.

Sure, go with that. The Democrats will retain the House and the Republicans will narrowly retain the Senate...and none of it will have anything to do with impeachment.
You're allowed your opinion but from the people who I have spoken with, several "never Trumpers" have stated they will vote for Trump because of what the Democrats have done here and these are people who I never thought would do so. If they are a sample of what others nationwide are thinking, then I believe you may be in for a shock as you were in November 2016.
Oh well, that clinches it. You talked to a couple people. That's way better than relying on those silly polls. :rolleyes:

Do Americans Support Impeaching Trump?

Sure, go with that. The Democrats will retain the House and the Republicans will narrowly retain the Senate...and none of it will have anything to do with impeachment.
You're allowed your opinion but from the people who I have spoken with, several "never Trumpers" have stated they will vote for Trump because of what the Democrats have done here and these are people who I never thought would do so. If they are a sample of what others nationwide are thinking, then I believe you may be in for a shock as you were in November 2016.
That very same sentiment has been spoken by many random people interviewed on the street. People that either voted dem or didn't vote at all last time are going to vote for Trump this time, because of one reason, they're sick and tired of the dem unhinged, bull shit HATE and impeachment SHAM while getting NOTHING else done.

Oh well, that clinches it. You talked to a couple people. That's way better than relying on those silly polls. :rolleyes:

Yeah.... aaaahh... what did the POLLS say about Hitlery WINNING IN A LANDSLIDE again?

And you're buying these POLLS lock, stock 'n barrel again?

You have to be one incredibly gullible bubble head.

That very same sentiment has been spoken by many random people interviewed on the street. People that either voted dem or didn't vote at all last time are going to vote for Trump this time, because of one reason, they're sick and tired of the dem unhinged, bull shit HATE and impeachment SHAM while getting NOTHING else done.

Okay. If that's how you help yourself sleep at night. Dems aren't losing the House but neither will they gain the Senate...this time around.

Yeah.... aaaahh... what did the POLLS say about Hitlery WINNING IN A LANDSLIDE again?

Still hanging your hat on that? You do realize that the polls were accurate, right? She actually won the popular vote by the predicted amount.

Still hanging your hat on that? You do realize that the polls were accurate, right? She actually won the popular vote by the predicted amount.

Bullshit. They predicted some Blue Wall...what happened to that wall?

A couple is two. I have spoken to over 200 as I travel for work and see many people in many areas of the country and because I am on the road, posting here passes the time.

Pelosi does not have every dem on board...some are asking if they can vote no....and she has zero republicans on her side....
yes this will cost the dems the house...so Trump will have both the house and the senate in Republican control for his 2nd term...what a mess she has made of this....

Opinion | The Incredible Shrinking Impeachment

Americans will decide in 11 months whether Trump deserves to remain in office. But they should also keep the impeachment vote very much in mind when they decide whether Democrats deserve to keep the House.

Whatever happened to bribery and extortion? Democrats spent weeks talking them up as the crimes of Trump’s Ukraine interventions.

Democrats changed their narrative to “abuse of power,” a phrase general enough for anything Congress wants to stuff into it. They don’t even pretend any more to prove a quid pro quo. Instead they assert that Trump, in his phone call with Ukraine’s president, “solicited the interference of a foreign government” in the 2020 election “in pursuit of personal political benefit.” They also assert that this “compromised the national security of the United States and undermined the integrity of the United States democratic process.”

Their problem is that Mr. Trump didn’t withhold military aid to Ukraine, and even if he had he would have merely been returning to Barack Obama’s policy of denying lethal aid. How would that have jeopardized national security? Every President also solicits actions from foreign leaders that he hopes will help him politically at home.

As for corrupting the 2020 election, even if Ukraine had announced an investigation into Joe and Hunter Biden, Trump couldn’t know how effective it would be, how long it would take, or whether it might even exonerate them. The election is still a year away. If the mere announcement of a foreign government’s investigation into corruption can poison a U.S. election, then American democracy must be weaker than even its enemies think.

And Hillary winning the White House.

It was a wave and it hit in 2018. The polls were not wrong in 2016.

It Wasn't the Polls That Missed, It Was the Pundits | RealClearPolitics

It was a wave and it hit in 2018. The polls were not wrong in 2016.

It Wasn't the Polls That Missed, It Was the Pundits | RealClearPolitics
So her blue wall was just fake news?

Americans will decide in 11 months whether Trump deserves to remain in office. But they should also keep the impeachment vote very much in mind when they decide whether Democrats deserve to keep the House.

Whatever happened to bribery and extortion? Democrats spent weeks talking them up as the crimes of Trump’s Ukraine interventions.

Democrats changed their narrative to “abuse of power,” a phrase general enough for anything Congress wants to stuff into it. They don’t even pretend any more to prove a quid pro quo. Instead they assert that Trump, in his phone call with Ukraine’s president, “solicited the interference of a foreign government” in the 2020 election “in pursuit of personal political benefit.” They also assert that this “compromised the national security of the United States and undermined the integrity of the United States democratic process.”

Their problem is that Mr. Trump didn’t withhold military aid to Ukraine, and even if he had he would have merely been returning to Barack Obama’s policy of denying lethal aid. How would that have jeopardized national security? Every President also solicits actions from foreign leaders that he hopes will help him politically at home.

As for corrupting the 2020 election, even if Ukraine had announced an investigation into Joe and Hunter Biden, Trump couldn’t know how effective it would be, how long it would take, or whether it might even exonerate them. The election is still a year away. If the mere announcement of a foreign government’s investigation into corruption can poison a U.S. election, then American democracy must be weaker than even its enemies think.

It is not going to work. Voters agree with Democrats on most issues. Democrats won 2 out of 3 Governor's races in red states. They won by talking about healthcare and education. Nationally Democrats have a wealth of issues to run on. In addition to these issues, Democrats have the environment, immigration and abortion to run against Republicans on.

Abuse of power is appropriate in this case. Trump attempted to use taxpayer dollars to force Ukraine to open a investigation into a political rival. That is not a legitimate use of Presidential power. It was more than just a phone call. It was a campaign executed by Giuliani to pressure Ukraine into opening a phony investigation. All Trump wanted was a investigation. Trump clearly knows that Biden is his biggest problem as he runs best against Trump.

It is not going to work. Voters agree with Democrats on most issues. Democrats won 2 out of 3 Governor's races in red states. They won by talking about healthcare and education. Nationally Democrats have a wealth of issues to run on. In addition to these issues, Democrats have the environment, immigration and abortion to run against Republicans on.

Abuse of power is appropriate in this case. Trump attempted to use taxpayer dollars to force Ukraine to open a investigation into a political rival. That is not a legitimate use of Presidential power. It was more than just a phone call. It was a campaign executed by Giuliani to pressure Ukraine into opening a phony investigation. All Trump wanted was a investigation. Trump clearly knows that Biden is his biggest problem as he runs best against Trump.
The WSJ article states otherwise. Phony investigation? So you believe the Burisma data is false? Your bias is odd.

31 democrats won in 2018 in districts that Trump won by 10+ points in 2016.
So all Trump needs to do is win back 20 or more of those seats and the House swings back to the GOP.
In 2020 the Never-Trumpers, at least those with brains, will be back on the right side.
After Durham exposes the largest scandal in US history, the Obama admin spying on the Trump campaign, Trump will win an even larger Electoral Landslide.

These House seats are largely suburban seats. They are not going to be supporting Trump in 2020. Democrats made major inroads in suburban areas in Louisiana, Mississippi and Kentucky a month ago. Suburban voters have even less reason to support Trump than they did in 2016 or Republicans in 2018. Democrats hold the edge in healthcare, education, immigration and border issues, the environment, abortion, guns and global warming to name a few.

"Will Impeachment cost Democrats the House?"

No. House Repubs are retiring because they expect to be in the Minority in 2021-2022.
So what? The number of republicans retiring isn't unusual, and they're in firm republican districts so another republican will be elected anyway, so your inference is moronic.

The democrats are getting their ASSES HANDED TO THEM in this FARCICAL SHAM of an impeachment. They WILL lose the house, and there WILL be PAY BACK. What we are seeing is the LAST DYING GASPS by the congressional party in power right before they LOSE their power.

These Republicans are retiring because they see no road to a majority and usually retirements are not so one sided. The Republicans are the ones who are losing and you are too stupid to see it.

The WSJ article states otherwise. Phony investigation? So you believe the Burisma data is false? Your bias is odd.

The WSJ is a Trump supporter especially since it is a opinion piece. The impeachment case is clear and not weak as they assert. A majority of people agree Trump was wrong.

The WSJ is a Trump supporter especially since it is a opinion piece. The impeachment case is clear and not weak as they assert. A majority of people agree Trump was wrong.

A majority of people agree Trump was wrong

And you have proof of this?

Even if Ukraine had announced an investigation into Joe and Hunter Biden, Trump couldn’t know how effective it would be, how long it would take, or whether it might even exonerate them. The election is still a year away. If the mere announcement of a foreign government’s investigation into corruption can poison a U.S. election, then American democracy must be pretty weak.

Democrats won in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin in 2020. Republicans had to pull every dirty trick in the book to hold on to Georgia. The only real disappointment was in Florida.

A majority of people agree Trump was wrong

And you have proof of this?

Even if Ukraine had announced an investigation into Joe and Hunter Biden, Trump couldn’t know how effective it would be, how long it would take, or whether it might even exonerate them. The election is still a year away. If the mere announcement of a foreign government’s investigation into corruption can poison a U.S. election, then American democracy must be pretty weak.

An overwhelming 70% of Americans think President Donald Trump’s request to a foreign leader to investigate his political rival, which sits at the heart of the House of Representatives' impeachment inquiry, was wrong, a new ABC News/Ipsos poll finds.

70% of Americans say Trump’s actions tied to Ukraine were wrong: POLL

Trump clearly did not care. All he wanted was the investigation. Trump is not a deep thinker.

Forum List

Back