Will Hispanic Voters Turn Red States Blue?

YOU STOLE CALIFORNIA THROUGH BLOODLUST AND HATE AND AN UNPROVOKED WAR. WE'LL GET ALL OF YOU. THE MUSLIMS BOMB YOU. WE BREED LIKE CRAZY IN THE WEST COAST. WE OUTBREED YOU 5 to 1 THEN WE FLOOD YOUR HEALTH CARE AND SCHOOL SYSTEMS. MEXICANS WILL OWN THIS COUNTRY.

Um, I hate to mention this (ok, not really), but Mexico only "owned" California for about 26 years before the United States took it in the Mexican Cession. Not even one generation's worth of time.

We've had it longer.....lots longer.

Why do liberals feel the need to separate everyone into racial and cultural boxes? Hispanics and Latinos are AMERICANS first. They should vote for whatever is good for the country- and that means a secure border. Personally, I don't care if Republicans lose every election - doing the right thing is not always easy.

Wake up! It was the Arizona legislator, and their moron governor, who wanted a person's accent to be grounds for incarceration, and potential deportation. Go ahead and deny the facts,

YOU STOLE CALIFORNIA THROUGH BLOODLUST AND HATE AND AN UNPROVOKED WAR. WE'LL GET ALL OF YOU. THE MUSLIMS BOMB YOU. WE BREED LIKE CRAZY IN THE WEST COAST. WE OUTBREED YOU 5 to 1 THEN WE FLOOD YOUR HEALTH CARE AND SCHOOL SYSTEMS. MEXICANS WILL OWN THIS COUNTRY.

Um, I hate to mention this (ok, not really), but Mexico only "owned" California for about 26 years before the United States took it in the Mexican Cession. Not even one generation's worth of time.

I'm not sure where you get your history, but as an archaeologist I can safely say you better check your history more carefully. Sorry about that. Ever heard of Francisco Pizzaro? Along with Drake, Cabrillo, and too many others to mention.

He claimed CA and a third of the USA for Spain in 1472, before even Columbus. For nearly 400 years the western USA was Mexico.......

Just a thought.

Robert

Why do liberals feel the need to separate everyone into racial and cultural boxes? Hispanics and Latinos are AMERICANS first. They should vote for whatever is good for the country- and that means a secure border. Personally, I don't care if Republicans lose every election - doing the right thing is not always easy.

Wake up! It was the Arizona legislator, and their moron governor, who wanted a person's accent to be grounds for incarceration, and potential deportation. Go ahead and deny the facts,

Oh I will call bullshit..

It had nothing to do with accents dummy - it had everything to do with granting a cop the authority to detain an individual if he/she felt that individual was in the US illegally..

JFYI, anyone who is driving and doesn't have a valid ID will be detained, and in some cases arrested anyways...

JFYI, if a cop believes your ID is fake they will arrest your ass..

All that law does is allow further investigation into ones identity (which cops do anyways)...

The law doesn't even really circumvent "just cause" (although cops can make up any reason for their just cause, and do that all the time with US citizens)..

It's not exactly like a cop can pull someone over for "looking illegal" - the individual would have to be breaking an "existing law" to even meet the criteria for an extensive investigation into that ones identity.. I suppose a cop could be a typical cop and claim a person he thought was an illegal was "apparently drunk" and use that as just cause just to determine if that individual is illegal or a US citizen. Of course at the same time if the guy is illegal he/she has no right to be here in the first place hence is braking the law anyways just by being here.

Last edited:

It had nothing to do with accents dummy - it had everything to do with granting a cop the authority to detain an individual if he/she felt that individual was in the US illegally..

JFYI, anyone who is driving and doesn't have a valid ID will be detained, and in some cases arrested anyways...

All that law does is allow further investigation into ones identity (which cops do anyways)...

The law doesn't even really circumvent "just cause" (although cops can make up any reason for their just cause, and do that all the time with US citizens)..

Wrong you stupid fuck, accent was in fact a rationale given in that initial legislation, as grounds for detention. Stop lying.

Wrong you stupid fuck, accent was in fact a rationale given in that initial legislation, as grounds for detention. Stop lying.

Really??

Prove it dummy...

The criteria is at the officers discretion...

I would say not having an ID and not speaking English is a good prerequisite for looking further into ones identity to determine if they are here legally or not...

If Republicans cannot bring Hispanics into the fold, they will become a former party at some point down the road. We're not there yet, but we are not far away either. If Democrats in Texas would organize the Hispanic vote, Texas would turn blue and Republicans could forget ever winning the Whitehouse again.

I read an article about Texas and the Hispanic vote a while back. The biggest problem is that very few Hispanics vote in Texas. If they were registered and the majority voted Democrat, Republicans would be the minority party in Texas.

Believe me, the Democrats have a strategy for Texas...:evil::evil:

DemoFlier.jpg

If Republicans cannot bring Hispanics into the fold, they will become a former party at some point down the road. We're not there yet, but we are not far away either. If Democrats in Texas would organize the Hispanic vote, Texas would turn blue and Republicans could forget ever winning the Whitehouse again.

I read an article about Texas and the Hispanic vote a while back. The biggest problem is that very few Hispanics vote in Texas. If they were registered and the majority voted Democrat, Republicans would be the minority party in Texas.

DemoFlier.jpg

That is fucked up but I'm not shocked....

It shows how loony leftists actually are...

They're fucking tyrants.....

Really??

Prove it dummy...

I would say not having an ID and not speaking English is a good prerequisite for looking further into ones identity to determine if they are here legally or not...

You stupid fucking lying piece of pond scum... Here you go:

Arizona's Tough New Law Against Illegal Immigrants

Heavily accented teachers removed from Arizona classrooms

Why not just be upfront and admit that you like white supremacy laws. Don't cower like a little pissant about it.

What would today's tea baggers say about Monroe's Manifest Destiny policies?

There's been a lot acknowledgment that swing voters (Independents and groups other than traditional political supporters) will determine the outcome of this (and future) presidential election(s).

To that end, it's usual for political parties to engage in outreach to swing voters by addressing issues that these groups find as a higher priority than the general electorate. After all, neither political party wants to be seen as tone deaf to a significantly large part of the electorate if that group could turn the election either for or against their candidate.

But lately, many people have noted that the GOP seems to be alienating significant segments of the electorate (women and Hispanics, for example) in its shift to the right. It's even more pronounced this year since the GOP nomination process is dragging on and the GOP hopefuls are engaged in an extended appeal to the GOP conservative base.

Well, it's one thing to bash unions when union membership numbers are down and still declining. But is it wise to alienate Hispanics which is the fastest growing segment of the population?

So, here's the question: Will traditionally conservative red states see a shift to Democrats and become either blue or purple states in national elections because Democrats are doing a much better job of outreach to Hispanics?

"A lot of it was SB 1070 [anti-illegal immigration act] and what [Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio] was doing in our communities that really triggered it," Guevara tells Raz. "Also, tuition increases and a lot of our Dream Act students basically got kicked out of school because of a proposition that increased tuition significantly."

Critics say Arizona's new immigration law encourages profiling. Republican Sheriff Arpaio's office was cited by the Justice Department for "pervasive culture of discriminatory bias against Latinos." And the Dream Act, which proposes paths to citizenship for some undocumented children of immigrants, is largely opposed by Republican lawmakers.

The issues Guevara mentions – among others — mobilized so many people in western Phoenix that it eventually inspired a recent Time Magazine cover story.

"In the end, we witnessed the greatest grassroots effort in the history of Phoenix politics," Valenzuela says.

The success prompted the Obama campaign to send an operative to Phoenix to learn more about Valenzeula's game plan and how to apply it nationwide; Valenzuela says he believes Arizona is in play this election.
"The Latino voter turnout increased by nearly 500 percent in one particular district," he says, "but over the city of Phoenix, which is the sixth-largest city in the country mind you, it actually increased by over 300 percent across the board."

Latinos like the ones who voted in Phoenix — people who had never voted before — could turn out across the country in such numbers this year that they might hold the power to swing the presidential election.
The way things are looking now, that's bad news for Republicans.
"When I hear some of the policies and the rhetoric that's coming out of the GOP debates, I hear very little other than anti-immigration reform," Valenzuela says. "And those things bother me, personally, and I know that I'm not alone."

Who Will Win Over America's Latino Voters? : NPR
Latino Voters Favor Obama Over Any Republican Candidate Six To One

A poll released this week by FOX News Latino indicates that Latino voters favor President Obama over any other Republican candidate with a six-to-one margin.

Considering the results of the Latino Decisions/ImpreMedia survey last December -- in which, 27 percent of those surveyed said that the GOP was “Being hostile” towards Hispanics, while only 8 percent said the same of Democrats -- perhaps this comes to no surprise.

Latino Voters Favor Obama Over Any Republican Candidate Six To One (POLL)

Yeah right, the majority of Hispanics are conservatives, they only vote democrat because they're told to..

Of course then you have those Hispanics who are brainwashed by the progressives who then go from God fearing conservatives to radical racist communists in a single generation.

All republicans need to do is show the Hispanic community how democrats hate Christianity and everything will be fine..

How do you think you got prop 8 in California???

That's right - Hispanics are conservative Christians...

That kind of lack of respect isn't going to win you (m)any converts.

Texas, Arizona and important swing state Florida could go blue with a heavy hispanic vote

How we ultimately resolve illegal immigration could have a big impact

Republicans need to push more English as the official language legislation

I'm not sure where you get your history, but as an archaeologist I can safely say you better check your history more carefully. Sorry about that. Ever heard of Francisco Pizzaro? Along with Drake, Cabrillo, and too many others to mention.

He claimed CA and a third of the USA for Spain in 1472, before even Columbus. For nearly 400 years the western USA was Mexico.......

Just a thought.

Robert

Um....Spain is not Mexico. Glad to have been of help there.

DemoFlier.jpg

doesnt quite beat this gem from the GOP

article-2097098-119B6F2B000005DC-409_468x286.jpg

or this one

fried-chicken-gop-ad-e1285363725532.jpeg

Really??

Prove it dummy...

Why not just be upfront and admit that you like white supremacy laws. Don't cower like a little pissant about it.

You think blabbering op-ed citations are viable when making an argument??

You may as well be the medium for regurgitating ignorance..

What I wanted you to do was go get the fucking law itself and point out your concerns - instead you got me articles of opinionated nonsense..

DemoFlier.jpg

or this one

How is any of that "racist?"

None of that bullshit is anymore racist than the misconception that white men cant dance and have little dicks...

Two ideas blacks continually assert..

Not to mention mocking an individual is not racist...

I mock my brother all the time - does that mean I hate him? does that mean I feel superior to him? hell no, hes my brother and I'm just breaking his balls.

Not to mention that Chinese ad IS THE TRUTH.... Not to mention its always the progressives who are whining about outsourcing. Also, how many Chinese residents do you believe speak perfect English with no accent?? oh yeah so I suppose that ad portrays the truth...

Fucking idiot...

You need to see past your politics "boy" (oh knows, I'm sorry "boy" is probably a racist word too)..

or this one

How is any of that "racist?"

None of that bullshit is anymore racist than the misconception that white men cant dance and have little dicks...

Two ideas blacks continually assert..

Not to mention mocking an individual is not racist...

I mock my brother all the time - does that mean I hate him? does that mean I feel superior to him? hell no, hes my brother and I'm just breaking his balls.

Not to mention that Chinese ad IS THE TRUTH.... Not to mention its always the progressives who are whining about outsourcing. Also, how many Chinese residents do you believe speak perfect English with no accent?? oh yeah so I suppose that ad portrays the truth...

Fucking idiot...

You need to see past your politics "boy" (oh knows, I'm sorry "boy" is probably a racist word too)..
mocking an individual is racist in this (and many) cases. if you mock an individual based on their ethnicity then its racist.

saying white men cant dance could be considered racist, same with penis size. it just depends on who is offended.

seeing as how the woman in the first ad (which youve probably never seen) speaks in broken english making chinese people look uneducated and gullible.
Pete Hoekstra Racist Ad During Super Bowl - YouTube
Republican candidate airs racially charged ‘Debbie Spenditnow’ ad during Super Bowl | The Raw Story

the 2nd ad was an ad in the south targeting blacks to try to get them to come to a campaign event by giving away free chicken wings. yup asserting all black people like chicken wings isnt racist either.

Really??

Prove it dummy...

You think blabbering op-ed citations are viable when making an argument??

You may as well be the medium for regurgitating ignorance..

What I wanted you to do was go get the fucking law itself and point out your concerns - instead you got me articles of opinionated nonsense..

It's way more a supported argument than you presented, douche nuggets. Admit it. You want our melting pot to meld into inbred racists, like yourself.

This puss-bag screams about the Jews taking over the world, but jizzes in his pants about the great Mexican Revolution to conquer all of the US, making the US a shithole like the rest of Latin American!

Whites are starting to reproduce son boy! I have 3 myself and 1 on the way. In the burbs of Chicago I am see invitro (which rich families use when having trouble having babies), producing a lot of twins and triples. I am seeing many more white middle class and upper middle class families with 3-4 children!

Theres a secret underground mexican army in los angeles. We're going to leave the union by 2040.

if that happens will mexicans stop waving the mexican flag in favor of the american flag finally?

we're going to outbreed you for the next 30 years and then succeed ... thats the real plan. you cant stop us because were not even citizens... you think muslims are bad. our plan is so diabolic and deep... my god.

This puss-bag screams about the Jews taking over the world, but jizzes in his pants about the great Mexican Revolution to conquer all of the US, making the US a shithole like the rest of Latin American!

Whites are starting to reproduce son boy! I have 3 myself and 1 on the way. In the burbs of Chicago I am see invitro (which rich families use when having trouble having babies), producing a lot of twins and triples. I am seeing many more white middle class and upper middle class families with 3-4 children!

Theres a secret underground mexican army in los angeles. We're going to leave the union by 2040.

if that happens will mexicans stop waving the mexican flag in favor of the american flag finally?

we're going to outbreed you for the next 30 years and then succeed ... thats the real plan. you cant stop us because were not even citizens... you think muslims are bad. our plan is so diabolic and deep... my god.

My take is this. White conservatives are just going to get even angrier. Demographics is not their friend.

Forum List

Back