Will Hispanic Voters Turn Red States Blue?

Yeah. The GOP is missing out on a gigantic opportunity. Hispanics are working their asses off, and they are extremely family oriented. And they are deeply religious.

In other words, Hispanics are everything the GOP is all about. Work ethic, mom, America, family, and faith.

So okay, maybe they like their cinnamon on churros instead of apple pie, but COME ON! These people are almost perfect!

But instead of going with demographics, the GOP goes with demagogues. The party paints immigrants with a huge brush as a bunch of illegals, drug smugglers, and job stealers.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Again.
We don't. Liberals lie when they say we do.

Conservatives are anti-illegal immigrants, regardless of their origin.

Now that you've been corrected, please stop repeating the lie.

What is all we hear about illegals from the GOP?

We hear we need to build a big wall. We hear we need to arrest employers who hire illegals. Blah, blah, blah.

I am entirely correct on this.

The GOP rhetoric does not get any dumber. None of their solutions will fix the problem of illegal immigration, and will just end up costing us a shit-ton of money. And it alienates the Hispanic community. The legal Hispanic community.

Don't be a sucker.

Yeah. The GOP is missing out on a gigantic opportunity. Hispanics are working their asses off, and they are extremely family oriented. And they are deeply religious.

In other words, Hispanics are everything the GOP is all about. Work ethic, mom, America, family, and faith.

So okay, maybe they like their cinnamon on churros instead of apple pie, but COME ON! These people are almost perfect!

But instead of going with demographics, the GOP goes with demagogues. The party paints immigrants with a huge brush as a bunch of illegals, drug smugglers, and job stealers.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Again.

We hear we need to build a big wall. We hear we need to arrest employers who hire illegals. Blah, blah, blah.

I am entirely correct.

The GOP rhetoric does not get any dumber. None of their solutions will fix the problem of illegal immigration, and will just end up costing us a shit-ton of money.

Don't be a sucker.

Dont be a sucker, The current catch and release program costs what?

I am entirely correct.

The GOP rhetoric does not get any dumber. None of their solutions will fix the problem of illegal immigration, and will just end up costing us a shit-ton of money.

Don't be a sucker.

Read the rest of my posts in this topic.

The problem is not enough work visas. This is what George W. Bush tried to achieve but idiots in the GOP stopped him.

The labor demand is there, and we are not providing enough legal supply.

Before you answer that illegal immigrants steal jobs and make a fool of yourself, go back and read my posts.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Again.

So what is your answer to illegal immigration? Do you think anyone should be able to come to the U.S.? Is it o.k to only obey the laws that you think are fair?
free market principles would say yes let them all in and the strongest will survive. those willing to do the job for the right amount of pay are those who will thrive.

I am entirely correct.

Don't be a sucker.

Read the rest of my posts in this topic.

The problem is not enough work visas. This is what George W. Bush tried to achieve but idiots in the GOP stopped him.

The labor demand is there, and we are not providing enough legal supply.

Before you answer that illegal immigrants steal jobs and make a fool of yourself, go back and read my posts.

First Pal and I WILL ONLY SAY THIS ONCE.

Never assume what my response will be. As you present a one sided argument I have found through my life both parties parroting the same lines at different times.

I really loved how its the GOP stating take to the employers when very clearly that has been both sides, what I havent seen from the GOP is threatening employers with criminal action if they fire illegals as a certain democrat has.

If you doubt what I say I suggest you look up the name Bernie Thompson and Cintas

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Again.

The GOP rhetoric does not get any dumber. None of their solutions will fix the problem of illegal immigration, and will just end up costing us a shit-ton of money. And it alienates the Hispanic community. The legal Hispanic community.

Don't be a sucker.
Since you've eagerly swallowed the Big Lie, I'll assume you're talking to yourself.

Don't be a sucker.
Since you've eagerly swallowed the Big Lie, I'll assume you're talking to yourself.
whose gonna build that wall?....... cheap immigrant labor just like the transcontinental railroad???

Don't be a sucker.
whose gonna build that wall?....... cheap immigrant labor just like the transcontinental railroad???
Doesn't need to be a wall. A six-strand pyramid of concertina wire, with electronic tampering detectors and video surveillance, backed up by drones and a rapid-response team, will do nicely.

Why aren't you at all interested in punishing people who break the law?

Doesn't need to be a wall. A six-strand pyramid of concertina wire, with electronic tampering detectors and video surveillance, backed up by drones and a rapid-response team, will do nicely.

who says im not? im against spending billions of dollars to build a wall that isnt gonna keep people out. isnt it the right who claims we are broke yet wants to spend all this money at the same time? where are they gonna get this money? china?

why arent we building a wall across the canadian border as well? that border is 3 times as long and people and drugs find their way across there in large numbers, yet no one on the right talks about that border.

why should we shut down the border? we are a country built on immigration. why not let them all in and let the free market decide who gets the job? isnt that the whole point of competition?

Last edited:
There's been a lot acknowledgment that swing voters (Independents and groups other than traditional political supporters) will determine the outcome of this (and future) presidential election(s).

To that end, it's usual for political parties to engage in outreach to swing voters by addressing issues that these groups find as a higher priority than the general electorate. After all, neither political party wants to be seen as tone deaf to a significantly large part of the electorate if that group could turn the election either for or against their candidate.

But lately, many people have noted that the GOP seems to be alienating significant segments of the electorate (women and Hispanics, for example) in its shift to the right. It's even more pronounced this year since the GOP nomination process is dragging on and the GOP hopefuls are engaged in an extended appeal to the GOP conservative base.

Well, it's one thing to bash unions when union membership numbers are down and still declining. But is it wise to alienate Hispanics which is the fastest growing segment of the population?

So, here's the question: Will traditionally conservative red states see a shift to Democrats and become either blue or purple states in national elections because Democrats are doing a much better job of outreach to Hispanics?

"A lot of it was SB 1070 [anti-illegal immigration act] and what [Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio] was doing in our communities that really triggered it," Guevara tells Raz. "Also, tuition increases and a lot of our Dream Act students basically got kicked out of school because of a proposition that increased tuition significantly."

Critics say Arizona's new immigration law encourages profiling. Republican Sheriff Arpaio's office was cited by the Justice Department for "pervasive culture of discriminatory bias against Latinos." And the Dream Act, which proposes paths to citizenship for some undocumented children of immigrants, is largely opposed by Republican lawmakers.

The issues Guevara mentions – among others — mobilized so many people in western Phoenix that it eventually inspired a recent Time Magazine cover story.

"In the end, we witnessed the greatest grassroots effort in the history of Phoenix politics," Valenzuela says.

The success prompted the Obama campaign to send an operative to Phoenix to learn more about Valenzeula's game plan and how to apply it nationwide; Valenzuela says he believes Arizona is in play this election.
"The Latino voter turnout increased by nearly 500 percent in one particular district," he says, "but over the city of Phoenix, which is the sixth-largest city in the country mind you, it actually increased by over 300 percent across the board."

Latinos like the ones who voted in Phoenix — people who had never voted before — could turn out across the country in such numbers this year that they might hold the power to swing the presidential election.
The way things are looking now, that's bad news for Republicans.
"When I hear some of the policies and the rhetoric that's coming out of the GOP debates, I hear very little other than anti-immigration reform," Valenzuela says. "And those things bother me, personally, and I know that I'm not alone."

Who Will Win Over America's Latino Voters? : NPR

Latino Voters Favor Obama Over Any Republican Candidate Six To One

A poll released this week by FOX News Latino indicates that Latino voters favor President Obama over any other Republican candidate with a six-to-one margin.

Considering the results of the Latino Decisions/ImpreMedia survey last December -- in which, 27 percent of those surveyed said that the GOP was “Being hostile” towards Hispanics, while only 8 percent said the same of Democrats -- perhaps this comes to no surprise.

Latino Voters Favor Obama Over Any Republican Candidate Six To One (POLL)

If Republicans cannot bring Hispanics into the fold, they will become a former party at some point down the road. We're not there yet, but we are not far away either. If Democrats in Texas would organize the Hispanic vote, Texas would turn blue and Republicans could forget ever winning the Whitehouse again.

I read an article about Texas and the Hispanic vote a while back. The biggest problem is that very few Hispanics vote in Texas. If they were registered and the majority voted Democrat, Republicans would be the minority party in Texas.

Arrogant liberals think they can lasso the Hispanic vote, like they do the Black vote, by lumping them all together. They get the Black conformity by tossing scraps from the table at them (in the form of welfare) and say the reason your down is the White Republicans. This farce is effective! They think they can do that via pro-illegal immigration by the Dimocrats.

I remember finding an article that showed the districts that most strongly voted Reddest (I know not a word) in TX, NM and FL throughout the last few decades including the last two election were 90% hispanic. Leftist say Obama killed McCain with Latinos, but he won 60-40 in a VERY Democrat year! Good win but not the 95% win that Democrats get from Blacks and Jews.

Hispanic can NOT be lumped into one category like Democrats do. Hispanics in IL, CA & NY vote very different than Hispanics in FL, TX & NM! Just as Whites vote very different in those states.

You won't even see this in AZ where Democrats erroneous, but successfully labeled the GOP anti-Hispanic. I say a good GOP candidate still get 40% of the Hispanic vote in AZ and any President will get btw 30-40% (which is enough to win the state

Dimcrats believe that Hispanic are all the same! Untrue and insulting. What is true is the fast growing segment of Small Business Owners are Hispanics!

There's been a lot acknowledgment that swing voters (Independents and groups other than traditional political supporters) will determine the outcome of this (and future) presidential election(s).

To that end, it's usual for political parties to engage in outreach to swing voters by addressing issues that these groups find as a higher priority than the general electorate. After all, neither political party wants to be seen as tone deaf to a significantly large part of the electorate if that group could turn the election either for or against their candidate.

But lately, many people have noted that the GOP seems to be alienating significant segments of the electorate (women and Hispanics, for example) in its shift to the right. It's even more pronounced this year since the GOP nomination process is dragging on and the GOP hopefuls are engaged in an extended appeal to the GOP conservative base.

Well, it's one thing to bash unions when union membership numbers are down and still declining. But is it wise to alienate Hispanics which is the fastest growing segment of the population?

So, here's the question: Will traditionally conservative red states see a shift to Democrats and become either blue or purple states in national elections because Democrats are doing a much better job of outreach to Hispanics?

"A lot of it was SB 1070 [anti-illegal immigration act] and what [Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio] was doing in our communities that really triggered it," Guevara tells Raz. "Also, tuition increases and a lot of our Dream Act students basically got kicked out of school because of a proposition that increased tuition significantly."

Critics say Arizona's new immigration law encourages profiling. Republican Sheriff Arpaio's office was cited by the Justice Department for "pervasive culture of discriminatory bias against Latinos." And the Dream Act, which proposes paths to citizenship for some undocumented children of immigrants, is largely opposed by Republican lawmakers.

The issues Guevara mentions – among others — mobilized so many people in western Phoenix that it eventually inspired a recent Time Magazine cover story.

"In the end, we witnessed the greatest grassroots effort in the history of Phoenix politics," Valenzuela says.

The success prompted the Obama campaign to send an operative to Phoenix to learn more about Valenzeula's game plan and how to apply it nationwide; Valenzuela says he believes Arizona is in play this election.
"The Latino voter turnout increased by nearly 500 percent in one particular district," he says, "but over the city of Phoenix, which is the sixth-largest city in the country mind you, it actually increased by over 300 percent across the board."

Latinos like the ones who voted in Phoenix — people who had never voted before — could turn out across the country in such numbers this year that they might hold the power to swing the presidential election.
The way things are looking now, that's bad news for Republicans.
"When I hear some of the policies and the rhetoric that's coming out of the GOP debates, I hear very little other than anti-immigration reform," Valenzuela says. "And those things bother me, personally, and I know that I'm not alone."

Who Will Win Over America's Latino Voters? : NPR

Latino Voters Favor Obama Over Any Republican Candidate Six To One

A poll released this week by FOX News Latino indicates that Latino voters favor President Obama over any other Republican candidate with a six-to-one margin.

Considering the results of the Latino Decisions/ImpreMedia survey last December -- in which, 27 percent of those surveyed said that the GOP was “Being hostile” towards Hispanics, while only 8 percent said the same of Democrats -- perhaps this comes to no surprise.

Latino Voters Favor Obama Over Any Republican Candidate Six To One (POLL)

Dems do not need 95% of the Hispanic vote. If they can get 60% and they can get the majority of Hispanics to the polls, that would be enough to control every election from here forward. The Hispanic population is increasing as a percentage of the whole. Beyond who controls what with the Hispanic vote, it is incumbent upon us to find a way to see to it that Hispanics are well educated and have the opportunities to become productive citizens. Somehow we have failed to do that within the Black community and we are paying dearly. There are many reasons for this, and I'm not going to get into that now, but the fact is that if we allow the same thing to happen within the Hispanic community, we are fucked.

The only proper response to this is :lol:

And I am someone who would profit handsomely from your plan. The wheels are already in motion. So thanks for being an idiot. I'm making money off your stupidity.

Because the idiotic policies of the government are causing the law to be broken. Fix the work visa policies and the problem of illegal immigration will vanish. And we won't need to make me a lot of money with your Sooper Dooper Epic Wetback Stopper.

Or else get your ass out there and start picking your own lettuce.

As I said, the labor demand is there. Why do you want to punish farmers by not providing them with enough legal migrant workers to harvest our food?

Last edited:
Why does the left seem to assume that Hispanic Americans will vote Democrat over border security? Did you consider they might like the idea of a secure border and vote Republican?

Hispanics and Latinos are AMERICANS first.

You obviously missed those massive protests a few years ago when they tried to criminalize illegal immigration, with all those Hispanics marching through the streets, waiving Mexican flags and holding signs that said "This is OUR land, not yours," etc.

Fix the work visa policies and the problem of illegal immigration will vanish.

Sorry, that's as good as saying that if we legalize murder crime rates will diminish. It's question begging, and is postulated on the assumption that foreigners have an inherent right to emigrate to the USA.

Fix the work visa policies and the problem of illegal immigration will vanish.

Sorry, that's as good as saying that if we legalize murder crime rates will diminish. It's question begging, and is postulated on the assumption that foreigners have an inherent right to emigrate to the USA.
thats a bad analogy since murder causes bodily harm to another individual. a better comparison would be to legalize marijuana and you will see non violent crimes fall.

thats a bad analogy since murder causes bodily harm to another individual. a better comparison would be to legalize marijuana and you will see non violent crimes fall.

No, it's a comparison of logical mechanisms. The statement I quoted was question begging, just as the comparison I offered. The subject matter is not important.

No, it's a comparison of logical mechanisms. The statement I quoted was question begging, just as the comparison I offered. The subject matter is not important.
so changing immigrations are akin to changing murder laws? only a wing nut could make that argument.

so changing immigrations are akin to changing murder laws? only a wing nut could make that argument.

What part of "subject matter is not important" did you not understand? I appraised the logical validity of his argument. Logical validity is determined based on the structure and form of an argument. The subject matter is irrelevant to logical validity.

In this particular case, the argument was circular. Regardless of whatever subject matter one is addressing, circular arguments will always be invalid.

What part of "subject matter is not important" did you not understand? I appraised the logical validity of his argument. Logical validity is determined based on the structure and form of an argument. The subject matter is irrelevant to logical validity.

In this particular case, the argument was circular. Regardless of whatever subject matter one is addressing, circular arguments will always be invalid.
there is no logic in comparing murder to immigration. no matter how hard you try. and the subject does matter. whats next are you gonna compare Rape to jaywalking?

Forum List

Back