Will Herman Cain's '9-9-9 Plan' abolish Social Security and Medicare?

Eliminating the progressive tax system in America creates a caste system. The rich will become richer, the poor will get poorer and the middle class will slowly disappear. That seems to be the goal of some Republicans, the plutocrats or example. Other Republicans simply see personal advantage to paying less taxes because, frankly, they don't give a shit for the poor. Their mindset is poverty is the result of moral corruption and if only the poor the poor were responsible their poverty would become a thing of the past. They are easily identified for they argue life is all about personal responsibility.

Cool article, but at the age of 38, why the hell should I give a crap about social security or medicare ?

lol. That's not a short-sighted, whats in it for me attitude. :eusa_eh:

Here is the thing, there is nothing in social security for anyone. If you say a person who collects theirs is living on that income you are not telling the truth. I dont know anyone who collects it that does not work under the table to fill the gaps in there finances. Those that dont, rely on charity . If you say that those on medicare are able to have all there medical needs met you would be lying again. I have loaned my retired neighbor $200 in the first two weeks of this month to buy his meds. So medicare is useless as it is now. Oddly, the evil capitalist drug companies, and corrupt medical professionals have set him up so that next month he will get his meds delivered to his door at no cost to him, with no government money at all. So that leaves me, and others in my age group. If you say social security and medicare will be there for us when we retire you are a liar. even though we will never see the benefits we are required to pay into them. Thats almost how a ponzi scheme works. Any plan offered that reforms would not effect those who collect benefits now, or in the near future. To say otherwise is a blatant lie that is circulated by those who are unable to think for them selves, and need to buy into a political psephology to get direction in life.

In 2010 medical ins and SS pay outs totalled 1.5T ... We currently bring in 2.5T ... Unless it's a big drop in revinue, they should be fine

It's going to be a huge drop in revenue.

So on the one hand we hear 'the rich aren't paying taxes' and now we here 'but it will lower what the rich pay in taxes' ... Please, make up your mind and stick to it.

What this plan does is do away with all the loopholes they those on the left cry about so much. In ensures that everyone pays in accourdance to what they make. If you don't make much, you don't pay much, if you make a lot, you pay a lot.

That beats the current system where if you use a lot of government, it's all free, you pay nothing, and if you don't use any government but are not 'rich' you pay the most and if your filthy rich you avoid paying altogether.

lol. That's not a short-sighted, whats in it for me attitude. :eusa_eh:

If that's not a creative way of saying "I dont know".

I'd give you an answer, but I suspect you don't care.

Oh I care, but I suspect it will be typical of whats posted here. That I am a right wing con$ervitave who hates old folks. That could not be further from the truth. I am just sick of paying into a system to receive benefits I will never get. Oh, and just so you know, I am old fashioned, and believe that us young kids should take care of our old folks. im moving the Mother in law in here in December.

Last edited:
r-HERMAN-CAIN-SIM-CITY-TAX-PLAN-huge.jpg

Did Cain "borrow" his 9-9-9 Plan from SimCity?

Herman Cain 999 Plan: Did It Come From SimCity?

Rich Man's Revolutionary

By Michael Tomasky

Herman Cain’s proposals are truly radical. So radical that they would produce a massive windfall for the wealthy and significant hardship for the rest of us, says Michael Tomasky.

V.I. Lenin: Now there was a fellow who thought ahead. He had five-year plans and seven-year plans by the bushel-full, and he never lost faith in the dialectic. Marx and science had provided the proof that it would all work out. We need that kind of constancy and can-do spirit in America today, I think you’d agree. Well, friends, we have it—in Herman Cain. His now-famous 9-9-9 tax plan is certainly as radical as anything Lenin ever proposed, although in the opposite direction. And more than that, it turns out to be (like communism itself) merely a stage in man’s development on the way to nirvana. Maybe I have been underestimating him.

It’s no wonder that Cain’s chief economist, Rich Lowrie, is not an economist but a “wealth management” consultant. Cain entire plan is about benefitting the wealthy.

More: Michael Tomasky: Herman Cain

NO.. but it will phase it out for people under age 55!
And in it's place the ordinary worker will be able with the power of compound interest over the working life of 23 year for 47 years to become a millionaire simply by letting the worker control his account!
Did you know if when I was 23 had I been allowed to tell where my $300,000 in payments made by me and my employer to simply let it accumulate in 4.5% interest rate over 47 years accumulates to over $1 million!
NO money needed from SS cause I could earn at 4% interest not touch principal a monthly check of nearly $4,000 a month.
So I have no problem with letting future Americans become millionaires!

Obama already threatened our seniors with destitution and starvation by withholding their SocSec checks...how can Cain be any worse?

"I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven't resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it" Barack "Social Security Really is Bankrupt" Obama, the Downgraded and Not so Shovel Ready President

Last edited:
NO.. but it will phase it out for people under age 55!
And in it's place the ordinary worker will be able with the power of compound interest over the working life of 23 year for 47 years to become a millionaire simply by letting the worker control his account!
Did you know if when I was 23 had I been allowed to tell where my $300,000 in payments made by me and my employer to simply let it accumulate in 4.5% interest rate over 47 years accumulates to over $1 million!
NO money needed from SS cause I could earn at 4% interest not touch principal a monthly check of nearly $4,000 a month.
So I have no problem with letting future Americans become millionaires!

You seem to be overlooking the most important aspect of Social Security and Medicare - the safety net aspect. What would have happened if you had become disabled at 30 years old? Would others have shared your burden on society?

Forum List

Back